PDA

View Full Version : An Awesome Internet Business Idea !!!

FFP
27th Apr 2004, 16:03
Had a brainwave today whilst in town . . .. .

I've been thinking that I'm unlikely to make my millions in aviation and that I need to set up my own business to get there.

Have a great idea (but obviously not gonna post it yet :ok: ) and having undertaken some preliminary market research, I think it could be a winner !

Anyone done it ? Advice ? Any dot com stories :uhoh: Can you do it as a sole trader ? (Desperately trying to remember my GCSE Business Studies days !!)

Obviously PPRuNE members will get a discount on the service I will provide (and it's a bloody good one too)

Bear in mind that I am a pilot so explanations will need to be in short, easy to understand sentences :ok:

mattpilot
27th Apr 2004, 16:27
send me a PM with your idea - i'm not interested in anything else - oh and don't expect a response to your PM :E :E :cool:

IB4138
27th Apr 2004, 17:50
mattpilot

Ever thought that he might be one of those "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you " merchants?

:E

tony draper
27th Apr 2004, 17:56
Theres a rule to this,whatever it is you think you have have thunk up,the rule states, some buggah will have thunk it up before yer.

:rolleyes:

EDDNHopper
27th Apr 2004, 18:00
Advice ? ... explanations will need to be in short, easy to understand sentences

You give me idea, I give you advice!

Understood?

Flypuppy
27th Apr 2004, 19:07
1. Type "UK company registration" into google. You will find some results of companies that will sell you an off the shelf company - some with bank accounts VAT registration and domain names included - for between 150-500.

2. Create a PayPal account.

3. Create webpage(s) with fantastic idea advertised and details of how to pay into your PayPal account.

4. Buy advertising banner on PPRuNe to get fantastic idea publicised.

5. Sit back and wait for the deluge of happy customers and flick through the Sunseeker Boats catalogue.

I only charge a nominal sum for my business consultacy (5% of your fantastic business idea's turnover would be fine...)

FFP
27th Apr 2004, 19:28
You will be remembered FlyPuppy ;)

Kiting for Boys
27th Apr 2004, 19:32
Check your PMs
and look here
http://www.icass.co.uk/fundinginnovationscis.html

BahrainLad
27th Apr 2004, 19:36
For a really good idea, a venture capital firm such as New Media Spark (http://www.newmediaspark.com) may be interested.

PM me and I may be able to put you in touch with their CEO.

FFP
28th Apr 2004, 05:21
Thanks to all that have PM'd me. I will PM you all back shortly.

As soon as it is set up, I will let you all know !!

G-ALAN
28th Apr 2004, 06:26
I think the best scam was when that bloke sold land on the moon and made himself a fortune. Wish I had thought of that :rolleyes:

Ozzy
28th Apr 2004, 11:37
I think the best scam was when that bloke sold land on the moon and made himself a fortune. Wish I had thought of that So what's to stop YOU selling land on the moon???:E :E

Ozzy

noisy
28th Apr 2004, 12:16
I wonder if there's a monopoly on the naming of stars?

:E

mattpilot
28th Apr 2004, 13:37
yup! I own all stars from XQ 324000 through XY 234200

Now all i gotta do is find them - anyone got a observatory i could use? :rolleyes:

G-ALAN
28th Apr 2004, 14:27
So what's to stop YOU selling land on the moon??? Yep I could do that but I would feel as if I'm just copying someone else. Yer see there's nothing better than comming up with your own, unique, never thought of before money making scam wot actually works! It makes yer feel like a right genius! :}

Mr Chips
28th Apr 2004, 14:35
I seem to recall that the Moon selling thing is not a scam per se. There was an agreement/treaty whatnot where all the countries agreed that the moon could not be claimed in the name of a country...

... so up pops Mr Terribly-Smart and claims it himself. Treaty thingummy never said NOBODY could claim the moon, just that NO COUNTRY could do so.

Damnably clever if you ask me :ok:

mattpilot
28th Apr 2004, 16:27
yup - said person registered the property (the moon) in the US, the UK, and in Russia if i remember correctly.

steamchicken
28th Apr 2004, 16:34
Not really a loophole - you can only have an enforceable claim under the law of a state with jurisdiction over that land. No state has jurisdiction on the moon, as laid down in the Outer Space Treaty. So your "claim" is unenforceable - anyone who went up there could squat it, and anyway the OST prohibits the commercial exploitation of the moon (like the Antarctic Treaty).

It's not a loophole, it's what he came up with when he was rumbled.

FFP
28th Apr 2004, 19:47
I saw an acre of moon for sale in the West Edmonton Mall (great place, wish I was back there . .. . . anyway .. . .) for $19.99 !!!!!!

As Mr Chips explained, it was a case of "No country but I'm not a country" and hence off he went.

Didn't buy any though.

An acre for 20 bucks though !?!