PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

DanGLA
27th Apr 2004, 14:35
Having failed at round one for an ATCO position with NATS, im having real problems with what i should do with myself?

I'm 21, graduate with a BSc (no hons) on the 7th July and i stay in Glasgow. I have my own place here, about a 5 minute walk from EGPF and ideally i'd like to be based there, but i don't know what i want to do? Finding a job is one thing, but finding one in this area is pretty tough.

I don't mind the propsect of moving if it was going to be a real career for me; like i considered ATCO to be. I'm also considering applying to CTC McAlpine just to see what their opinion of me is?

I don't have any licences or any formal training in the aviation field, but i consider myself to be intelligent and a fast learner - esepcially with something i'm passionate about. I suppose i need to be on £13-14k+ just to survive (student debts / housing costs etc)

My question to you is - what do i want to do? i am willing to give anything a serious go, but my knowledge of jobs available within the industry is limited.

rmcfarlane
27th Apr 2004, 14:54
on a bit of a random tangent, especially from someone else looking at a career in aviation, check out www.erac.com, the recruitment page for enterprise rent a car.

Enterprise have excellent opertunities for degree graduates on their management training program. You could then fly in your own time, keeping the fun element.

Salaries start above what you are looking for as a min, and there is no maximum limit! The limits are self imposed.

Just a though, I temp with them at the moment, and its an excellent back up. The work aint hard either.

If you do join them, quote 5581R!