PDA

View Full Version : Info on Latin American urgently needed

ShenziRubani
27th Apr 2004, 14:06
Dear All,

It's my first visit on this forum as I have been spending more time on the African Aviation one in the last years, since I was flying back there.

Here's the plan: in the Summer I am planning a South American trip with a friend. Flying down from Florida, straigth to Ushuaia and maybe over flying Cape Horn. Just a little challenge we gave each other and our little C182. Our main problem is finding infos on the various airports/airstrips in Venezuela, Brasil, Argentina and Chile. Can we fly into La Paz (Bolivia) with a normally aspirated 182??
Would you know where I could find directories with runway and fuel infos for these countries? Any cool aeroclub who can help? Are there any small single-engine props in Ushuaia? The winds must be crazy there or am I mistaken.

Thank you all for all your kind help.

Chris

GlueBall
27th Apr 2004, 14:32
If you want to fly single engine and stay relaxed I wouldn't try to fly across the vast Amazon (you would need HF) ...and via LPB (13,316') without a turbocharger? If your engine goes on vacation over the Amazon you're practically dead: I'd take the less challenging and more scenic coastal route. :ooh:

B Sousa
27th Apr 2004, 15:24
or maybe paint it International Orange. Then someday maybe it can be found.......