PDA

View Full Version : Allocation of bays at FAJS

RUDAS
27th Apr 2004, 13:34
Who is in charge of allocation of bays at joburg? how is it planned and what goes into rostering acft to their respective bays?

why do certain carriers always get given delta ramp while others always get alpha?....

anybody able to shed some light on what seems to me to be very complex?

Goldfish Jack
28th Apr 2004, 04:43
Rudas.

It is done by ACSA (apron Office)and no -one knows how they do it and what formula they use to do it with!!

I cant speak for Joberg, but you should see the fun we as ATCs have at FACT. We have a small apron and they invariably will give an aircraft a gate which is occupied, with another 6 open and not in use. That is why we have a notam that says you must contact Apron Office IMMEDIATELY before you enter your gate to check it is still available. We always know when Mikkie is on duty - there are no double bookings and the traffic seems to find its way to their gates very efficiently.

What beats us is that they will put several a/c next to each other that all have the same EOBT and then expect ATC to work miracles to get those a/c moving at the same time without any delays. Logic will tell you that that is not possible.

Did I say logic?? Tut tut cant be talking about ACSA.

The Claw
28th Apr 2004, 11:05
A case of Green Island used to assure Air Maurituis had A4, in the days when the DCA still ran it! :rolleyes:

Pontius' Pilot
28th Apr 2004, 13:54
Claw, obviously the Geeen Island Rum didn't have the required effect :). Recently we lost the honour of being up there near A3/4. Thank goodness it's mainly the A319 doing the JNB run for us now.

The Claw
28th Apr 2004, 16:14
Sadly, those days are gone, where do they stick you now, Kempton Park? Should pass the case onto Gun's, he'll soon lose the taste for Tassies :}

Pontius' Pilot
29th Apr 2004, 03:10
Claw they park the A319 at the domestic arrivals area (round the corner there where we parked the Dash Lates and the CRJ's - forgotten the apron designator, 'C' was it?) and then bus the passengers to the international arrivals area. This is what I understand from the memo that was issued.

I guess that when the A340 is used during the peak periods they will park in the "GREEN ISLAND AREA".

I am on my way this afternoon on the A319 to JNB and will see where they park it. I have a weeks R&R and am going to check up on my house etc in CPT. Maybe I should take a bottle of GREEN ISLAND for Gunns!

The Claw
29th Apr 2004, 09:24
Thanks Pontius' Pilot.

It would be a good idea to give Gunns a bottle, it's about time he got "civilized" :}