PDA

View Full Version : HKG Housing - How to start?

Yeager
27th Apr 2004, 12:35
Hi there,

I have passed the CX S/O interviews (info: passed in Nov2003, TT3000, JAR CPL(A) ME/IR, Multi Crew Turboprop 2800H) and are preliminary set to start in early September 2004.

I have a question for those of you already living in HKG regarding HOUSING.
How did you guys (and girls) start out when you moved to HKG. Did you start out at a hotel or did you go and find something for rent/hire right away. What are the options?
If one choose to start out with a hotel room how much of the house allowance will you be entitled to? (E.g. The minimum of XX HKG Dollar or up to the maximum of the HKG Dollar per month).

Thank you in advance
Yeager

Yeager
28th Apr 2004, 09:57
Hi Jizz

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I need to do some intentive English course before September, but what more precisely is "the pub"?

Furthermore what do you mean about "they give you 6 months in the pub free"?

Once again - appreciate your reply and looking forward to seeing you too.. :D

Yeager

NoseGear
29th Apr 2004, 04:09
Hi Jizz and Yeager, I think that CX has put a stop to the check out/check in scam :E

And as Jizz says, you will be too busy to hunt for accomodation for the first 6 months or so, but after that, have a good look around as most rental agreements are for a 2 year period. As a guide, if your single, go to Mid-levels, if you have a family, go to Discovery Bay!!:p :O

Good luck and enjoy HK.

Nosey

Colonel W E Kurtz
29th Apr 2004, 06:11
Quick! Buy now before its too late! House prices set to double in the next two years, already gone up 20% to 30% in the last two months!:8

Yeager
29th Apr 2004, 07:49
Hi again guys,

I do thank you a lot for your advices. I will take it all into my considerations. :O

Yeager

Speedbreak
30th Apr 2004, 13:53
Check www.yellowpages.com

Select Hong Kong....click on "expat"

Have fun in HK

Speedbreak