PDA

View Full Version : SAA and SAAF Fly Pasts at Freedom Day Celebrations

Gunship
27th Apr 2004, 10:26
What a great site to see that Cheetah display and the 3 SAA aircraft.

2 x 743 's ? and Airbus A340 in the centre ?

Fantastic :D

Dik VIS and PP - I see oom Roelf Beukes got a bit grey since he was Boss at Hoekoespruit in the early 80's :E

Pontius' Pilot
27th Apr 2004, 14:42
Gunns and a bit greyer than when he sent me solo on pupes course. Maybe that's when the grey hair started!

jeroen_kim
29th Apr 2004, 04:59
any pictures or vids?

YVRKid
29th Apr 2004, 06:58
I would have killed to be in South Africa on that day...what a site..here are some pictures...

SAA Fly-By (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=564346)
Another shot (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=564756)
Another (http://myaviation.net/?pid=00102833)

I was sent some more, low resolution shots from a SA mate of mine...will post em when I get the chance

jeroen_kim
29th Apr 2004, 07:00
i had those guys on the frequency all the way, was quite funny to hear them chit chat beween themselves

B Sousa
29th Apr 2004, 13:17
YVRKid Those are some nice photos. Would love to see that happen here in the states but nobody here can afford it.......You folks in SA much be RICH.............

YVRKid
29th Apr 2004, 23:08
yeah Im in Canada...stuff like that never happens...SAA is very loyal to the government...ACA and the government are exactly close :{

jereon_kim, what kida stuff were they saying, i woulda loved to hear it:p

El Peligroso
30th Apr 2004, 15:43
Nice pics.......

Wonder who signed the cheque! :{

REAL ORCA
30th Apr 2004, 17:33
Gunzzzzz

He surely got very grey, but then so did all of us.!!:} :D

George Tower
30th Apr 2004, 19:58
Wonder who signed the cheque!

I have a hunch that it's the other 30% of the population that didn't vote ANC:suspect:

ANVAK
1st May 2004, 05:36
I'm afraid you are correct, GT - the tax payer foots the bill (and we know who pays the taxes and who spends them). :ugh:

contraxdog
1st May 2004, 11:41
If the 90 mil was used for education maybe the powers to be could make these elementry math questions.

For the cost of an presidential inauguration in South Africa:

1 How many lowcost houses can be built

2.How many new jobs can be created in by starting small businesses.

3. How many doctors could be trained.

4.What persentage salary increase could teachers and policemen/women expect

5. How much land could be bought at fair prices to adress the land hunger

6.How many more police officers could be additionally be apointed.

the walus said nothing........

B Sousa
1st May 2004, 22:36
Contraxdog writes: How many more police officers could be additionally be apointed.

You want more of what your geting now..........?? You have to be kidding.

Nellis
3rd May 2004, 05:31
Come guys, does it really matter if x-amount of bucks for low cost housing, extra police, etc was not financed because of the Freedom Day celebrations.

After living in "darkest Africa" for the past few years, it was great to see that the SANDF can still put on a good show, particularly the SAAF. There are few Air Forces in Africa that can put more than a single aircraft formation in the sky, let alone different types, and then still work to the planned scheduled timings.

I would have given a left ball [not sure mine though] to have been there. One thing is for sure, there is nothing wrong in being a South African. The rersponse from friends here in West Africa after they watched the celebrations on DSTV, has been extremely positive.

Well done to the organizers, you are great ambassadors for the country:ok: :ok:

Deanw
3rd May 2004, 11:47
would have given a left ball [not sure mine though] to have been there.

So that's how Uncle Bob go to be there :E

Gunship
3rd May 2004, 23:06
Posted by nellis :

I would have given a left ball [not sure mine though] to have been there. :uhoh:

Oupaahhhh, I locked all three doors tonight :E

Good night from 2 ball Gunns :}