PDA

View Full Version : Help Required

Farrell
27th Apr 2004, 09:36
Hi Folks

Not sure where to post this one but I'm sure a moderator will move it if it's not in the right place! :O

I have a student here in France who has a job interview for a ground ops position at Saint Exupery and I am tutoring him for it.

However, I was wondering of any of you have a list of French vocabulary for the basic bits and bobs on stand that he will have to deal with.

Like the French words for tug, taxiway, runway, stand etc...
Would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Wing Commander Fowler
27th Apr 2004, 09:47
Tug - le tracteur
Taxiway - la route
Runway - les germans are coming (oh no that's runaway)
Stand - attende

time for a pint....... :}

Pegasus77
27th Apr 2004, 09:50
runway = piste (hey that's the same word the germans use!)

airship
27th Apr 2004, 11:37
Farrell, this link at Dassault Aviation should help (http://www.dassault-aviation.com/gb/outils/traducteur.cfm)...

Farrell
27th Apr 2004, 12:59
Brilliant! Thanks a million for that link.

Has sped things up a bit! - trying to get my ATPL off the ground so didn't want to spent all year looking for stuff for this guy.

Cheers

Wayne

airship
27th Apr 2004, 14:17
Glad to help! But the real thanks should go to the manufacturer of the best interceptors and executive jets this side of the pond...! ;)

invisiblemoon
27th Apr 2004, 14:41
Feel free to PM whenever you want, i have a lot of stuff like that for your friend and i'll be glad to help him :ok:

In France we have to pass a specific test in order to assess our aeronautical english knowledge so i've got some usefull french/english materials :D

Farrell
27th Apr 2004, 17:59
Invisiblemoon

Thanks a lot

Wayne

ATC Watcher
27th Apr 2004, 21:22
Ah Dassault always have a mile in advance and had understood 40 years ago that you could be a proud French manufacturer and use English when it was obvious to do so.
(The cockpits ot the Mercures were all in English at a time where Air france was paying Boeing 300.000 USD per aircraft to have all the plexiglass in the cockpits of its B727 translated into French.....:rolleyes: )

Vive l' entende cordiale..