PDA

View Full Version : FlyBlu at BHX-----------

Mike16
27th Apr 2004, 07:57
Hi Guys

Well i hope you are all o.k, i know we had this discussion a few weeks ago, but at least a month has past by, and i have heard nothing at all, i did E-mail them last week to get an update on my application ( cabin crew ) but have heard nothing.
I have some friends who work at BHX and they have said , they know nothing about them,funny how they are mean't to be satrting on the 3.06.04.
There website is still active www.flyblu.com and is accepting bookings, but just wondered if any of you guys have heard anything?
Michael

debtair
27th Apr 2004, 08:24
News article from Travel Trade Gazette 26 Apr 2004

"Flyblu forced to delay June launch

Birmingham-based transatlantic start-up Flyblu has abandoned its summer launch. The carrier, which plans to operate to Florida, has failed to gain its Air Operators' Certificate in time for its first flight in June. 'We do not have a launch date yet', a spokeswoman said 'We will make an announcement in mid-may.' "

So I guess it's "watch this space".

Mike16
27th Apr 2004, 08:35
Hi

Thanks for your message, i have looked at www.flyblu.com this morning, and there is an explanation message about the delay, it is quite open , i take my hat of to them for this, you have to admire there honesty, but i would like to ask one question.
Why don't the owners of a new airline ( any ) get all the paper work, licences etc ready before they go on line ? like with flyblu have a great idea, brill website, taking applications for crew etc, taking bookings, and yet they haven'y got there licences ?
Why do this ? if i was a customer, it would make me very wary .
Doea anyone else think the same here ? i am not having having a dig at flyblu, it is just from previous experience with Now airlines etc...
Michael

richterscale10
27th Apr 2004, 09:56
I was going to bring this subject up (again) earlier this morning - but, its like flogging a dead horse!

A website can bring in important market research results - that could make decisions for a party interested in starting up......

It can generate interest and act as a stirring stick for 'hype' so that these results can be monitored.......

It can incite known 'others' to get their start up going quickly - to beat the competition - increasing the possibility of their failure.....

Or it can be just a good idea that doesn't get off the ground..........

I saw a website with some PIGS flying on it the other day!!!!!!

sharpshot
27th Apr 2004, 13:58
At least we all know that...........pigs might fly someday.