PDA

View Full Version : Fuel stop EGGW-FSIA

con-pilot
26th Apr 2004, 20:48
I realize that it is a little early but I need to start planning a rather long trip right after the first of the year.

One of the legs will be from EGGW (Luton) to the Seychelles Islands FSIA. As I will be flying a Falcon 50EX I need a technical (fuel) stop somewhere between London and the Seychelles Islands. The aircraft is a US registry with an “N” number.

So, any suggestions from any Biz-jet drivers? Jeddah OEJN looks good and right now anyway the politics look good as well. I would prefer to have the longest leg from London to where ever, but less than 3,000nm.

Thanks

Pilocol
27th Apr 2004, 11:20
Not a bad Idea.
Remember.
Ask for a landing and overfly permit well in advance, Saudis are Known for theire ... tardiness.
Have all alcohol in a safe "locked cabinet", if they find a drop of it you will get fined ....
Make sure you and your passangers will keep going, if not, all of you will need a visa ... long process ... and you need a sponsor.

Good trip, I loved it.

P.S. If you need help. PM me, I'm F-50 rated ...

Keep it safe.

JB007
2nd May 2004, 10:04
Might be easier to employ an agent to get you the permits - try Hadid in DAM....Hadid International Services (http://www.hadid.org)

Options instead of JED, maybe MCT ??? Obtaining permits for Oman has always been fairly straight forward - also Aden (ADE) is a good option...

montys ex teaboy
2nd May 2004, 11:35
Or Dijouti, (not sure about the spelling) just across the water from Aden, if you don't fancy Yeman.

JB007
2nd May 2004, 16:01
Monty probably means Djibouti (JIB) in Burkina Faso - another good choice and cheap fuel apparently...

Oluf
2nd May 2004, 16:08
Djibouti is not near Burkina Faso, which is west Africa. Rather on the horn of Africa bordering i believe on Ertirea/Ethiopia.
Good place to stop over.
:) oluf

mutt
2nd May 2004, 20:27
Con_Pilot,

I wouldnt recommend Jeddah for a tech-stop. Your passengers would have to remain on the aircraft or at very best be allowed into a small executive terminal with limit facilities. Problems will occur if you encounter a technical problem, things that would be simple to sort out in a civilized country will be a nightmare.

Look at DXB, shouldnt be too far off the great circle route.

Enjoy.

Mutt.

Pilocol
4th May 2004, 10:58
I wouldnt recommend Jeddah for a tech-stop.

YES, mutt is right.... it will become a nightmare ...
Just thinking.... What about Shram El Sheik ... HESH .. great place, cheap fuel and .... if you have to stay for some technical reason, you will have a great time ...
Ground handling is good and it is done by National Jets Egypt.
Hope this is useful ..
If you need more details, I can provide phone numbers and names.
Keep it safe..

con-pilot
4th May 2004, 18:57
Thanks everybody, as time gets closer I'll check with you guys again. At least I have more options now.

Hope all is going good for you Mutt.

Global Pilot
10th May 2004, 12:12
Not a jet driver but visited Djibouti this time last year. Not sure if this suits corporate jets. While the services are good and people generally helpful, if you get stuck there the accom is pretty shocking. If you have pax they won't be to impressed either.

Cheap fuel yeah but hell of a place to get out of if you get stuck!

rgds,

GP.