PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe funding & PayPal

Capt PPRuNe
22nd Aug 2001, 01:08
Just thought I'd let you all know that I have decided to use the PayPal method of payment for all future transactions that require moneys for subscriptions or merchandise from PPRuNe.

I haven't finalised everything yet but once I have figured it all out I will set up ways to pay for things like personalised Username labels, access to the exclusive Jet Blast II (Hell & Damnation) forum and PPRuNe badges, soon to be followed by hats, T-shirts, stickers and other assorted goodies. All profits will be used to help offset the ever increasing costs of running this website and keeping it more or less free to use (except for the ultra exclusive, members only, Jet Blast II forum) ;)

Watch this space for more information.

For more information on PayPal go to https://www.paypal.com

biggles mate
22nd Aug 2001, 01:12
Number 1

[can't wait for the goodies.

[but the missus just shook her head in despair] :D :D

con-pilot
22nd Aug 2001, 01:38
Danny, I'll be happy to jump in there and buy stuff as soon as you tell me what PayPal is.

PS; the check for chat that I sent to you was returned to me with Address Unknown. I'll be in England next week and I will try to contact someone with Pprune and just give them cash. If that is ok?

Capt PPRuNe
22nd Aug 2001, 14:22
OK... I think I have set it all up. If you want to add a Personal Title under your Username in a similar fashion as exists under mine you can now place your order by going to the Personal Title Order Page (http://www.pprune.org/go.php?go=/ptorder/ptorder.htm).

Prices are as follows: $7 per word (max 8 words and 80 characters)
Bold $7, Italic $7 or both $10
Colour: $7
Picture: $25

If you do not want anything under your Username or wish to cancel a previous order that has been completed there is a $10 fee.

Once you have completed your order and totalled it up I will receive an email with your request. Subject to it being acceptable and correctly completed you will receive an email by return which contains a link to the PayPal site where you can make your payment. Once I have received confirmation of the payment I will make the necessary changes and will notify you by email that your new Personal Title is ready.

From then on, any new posts you make will show the new title. Also, previous posts will show the new details under your Username as they are updated.

Hopefully enough of you will feel that this is a useful way to generate more funds to keep PPRuNe running reasonably efficiently as upgrades to the server become necessary. Unfortunately, PPRuNe is a victim of its own success and because of the extremely heavy demand on the server and the bandwidth it becomes steadily more expensive.

Watch this space for an easier way to order and pay for your PPRuNe badges as well as other merchandise which will become a 'must have' item for all serious PPRuNers. Also, a method of subscription to the new Jet Blast II (Hell and Damnation) Forum.

I think the method for access will be a limited period for free access and then a monthly or yearly subscription for continued use. This is quite labour intensive and so the pricing will reflect this.

These are all methods to keep PPRuNe as accessible to everyone without a general subscription. Your comments are welcome.

[ 22 August 2001: Message edited by: Capt PPRuNe ]

CR2
22nd Aug 2001, 16:41
A bit steep isn't it?
Nevertheless, can't wait for the goodies.

FlyingForFun
22nd Aug 2001, 17:37
Nice one, Danny! I still haven't had any suggestions for what to put under my name, though. Hmm, if this carries on much longer, I'll have to think of something myself :o

FFF
--------------

Wile E. Coyote
22nd Aug 2001, 19:19
I can see it now. In a couple of months anyone with 500+ posts who hasn't coughed up for an individual name will be given the title "tight ar$e" :D

Capt PPRuNe
22nd Aug 2001, 19:38
CargoRat2, "A bit steep isn't it?"... With your number of postings approaching Wile E. Coyotes brilliant insight into the threshold where I may have no control over the title that could appear under your Username, I would suggest that anything from $7 to a maximum possible of $98 for a cherished Personal Title is not particularly 'steep' considering the outlay that goes into providing you with this and the other forums. :p

This is a one off payment and would remove any embarrasment from the current title that automatically appears under your Username. And it all goes to a good cause... doesn't it?

You want it when?
22nd Aug 2001, 19:52
Danny like FFF I shall struggle to find a suitable name - but rest assured I will cough up some holding folding before I'm tagged a tight arse! :D However - I like the existing title - any chance of both of them?

Great site (creep) still want a baseball hat...

Celtic Emerald
22nd Aug 2001, 20:46
And pigs might fly :p

Emerald

Capt PPRuNe
22nd Aug 2001, 20:47
yes, you can keep the existing one but it does change automatically depending on the number of posts and sometimes a whim! :eek:

OzExpat
22nd Aug 2001, 21:47
I haven't had any problems with yer "whims" so far Danny and the current one REALLY tells it like it is! :eek:

However, can't wait to be able to buy the other stuff when it becomes available!

Incidentally, having been away from JB for a while, hadn't noticed until now that you've found a way to re-enable UBB code without including the images code. Well done! That is a great leap forward which only goes to prove why we all love - and need (and are so deeply addicted to) - this place! :)

CR2
23rd Aug 2001, 18:27
Ok I surrender

PilotsPal
23rd Aug 2001, 19:22
Danny - are you sure its working properly? Nobody's sent me any money at all yet.

Biggles Flies Undone
23rd Aug 2001, 19:29
PP I bet there a few PPRuNers who would like to leave a deposit though :D

The Guvnor
23rd Aug 2001, 19:59
Hey, BFU ... that's a lot more than 8 words on your new title! :eek: :D :eek: Must have cost a fortune! :D :D :D

Tricky Woo
23rd Aug 2001, 20:33
Dear Scouse Blackmailer, (Uncle Danny)

I give in.

I'll cough up, just as soon as I think of something suitable. Can I have my number 13 gratis if I go for the full eight word option?

TW

Capt PPRuNe
23rd Aug 2001, 20:58
Tricky, sorry but #13 is already taken by someone who registered in 1998! :(

I can offer you free colour or and italic/bold option for free if you go for the full 8 word count though but you'd better hurry while I'm still in a good mood... got some night flights coming up and you know how grumpy they can make me! :eek:

OzExpat
23rd Aug 2001, 21:04
OI! Danny... Geez, I turn me back for 5 minutes or so and find I no longer have a tenuous grip on reality! Now, okay, I KNOW that I said your "whims" were "fyne" :D but this is a bit rich mate.

To suddenly discover that I'm "just another (bloodey) number" ... I mean! Sheesh! :D So, okay then, you're forcing me to choose something so's I'll make a further donation to PPRuNe. It's a good cause, after all! :eek:

So how do I use this "PayPal" system from my side of the planet then?

Capt PPRuNe
23rd Aug 2001, 21:10
OzEx, heavens forbid I should ever be accused of forcing anyone to pay out for something they don't really need! :eek:

Some people prefer the occasional suprise of a changed title which makes them feel uncomfortable and embarrased in public, even from behind their anonymity... and for free too! :rolleyes:

OzExpat
23rd Aug 2001, 21:22
Well ya certainly surprised the shyte outta me THIS time Chief! :eek: :D So I've just applied for me very own title too, so are ya happy now? :D

... and after all the PPRuNe wings I sold for ya too! :)

OzExpat
24th Aug 2001, 00:03
Does anyone happen to know the secret to using this "PayPal" system? Got the email telling me to pay up and duly found an online form that wanted my address to be some state in the USA. :confused: Then I saw the bit about signing up for an account if you're from "overseas", but I don't want a bloodey account with them under any circumstances. :(

However, in the absense of alternative payment methods, started on that sign-up form. But, lo and behold, guess what?

Yep, you folks are all just too clever! :D That's right, the sign-up form doesn't know about a country called Papua New Guinea, which is where my credit card billing address just happens to be. And, even if I wanted to change that billing address to one in Oz - a country that the sign-up form actually knows about (surprise, surprise) - I can't do that as I'd only get my bills when they are 2-3 months past due. :eek:

So there's no way I can do that. I sent an urgent enquiry off to Danny about it but have yet to get a response. Does anyone else have any ideas on an alternative means of payment for me new title?

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: OzExpat ]

Just Another Number
24th Aug 2001, 00:47
I got mine for nuffink!!

MightyGem
24th Aug 2001, 07:26
PayPal is a US based company that allows you to pay for things over the internet without having to give your credit card details. You register with them and then inform them of who you want to pay. You, and person that you wish to pay, must have an e-mail address.

However, living outside the good old US of A complicates the registration process a bit. I started the process back in May to pay for some holiday accomodation for June. I'm still waiting, despite numerous e-mails.
:mad:

OneWorld22
24th Aug 2001, 11:40
PayPal is a very good system that offers security for both buyer and seller. I've used it frequently to buy computer parts from the states and on auction sites like e-bay. In fact you'll find more and more companies in the US require you to shop with paypal when trading on-line.

I don't know MightyGem why yours has taken so long, it should be set up immediately. After you register paypal charges you $1 and this goes on your credit card. This will appear on your next credit card statement with a code. You then access paypal and enter this code where prompted and your account is activated and you can trade away.
This is the security you get, they know exactly who you are. Any waiting should only be while you wait for your next credit card statement.

Rotorbike
24th Aug 2001, 13:45
Any suggestions where we can get some great looking graphic images so that we can part with $25!!!

:) ;) :D

HomerSimpson
24th Aug 2001, 16:42
Rotorbike,

Why dont you post a picture of yourself? :eek: Oh, sorry, you did say great looking images, sorry I stand corrected!! :D :D :D :D :D

Rotorbike
24th Aug 2001, 17:14
Homer

Can't believe I waited 3 hours for you to wake up.

Back to your couch!!!

:D :D :D

Capt PPRuNe
24th Aug 2001, 17:15
PayPal requires you to provide a credit card number. This card is charged $1 and as soon as you receive your CC statement you locate the reference number against the $1 and enter that ref number in your PayPal account and the $1 is credited back to you. This is an excellent way to verify that the credit card or the account is not a forged one. Needs a bit of patience though until you become verified.

If anyone is registering from outside the US then make sure you use the international registration forum. Also, you need to make sure that you enter the billing address for the creid card you are using as again, that is used for verification. At the moment only a limited number of coutries are able to use the PayPal system. These are Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Costa Rica
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

CLICK HERE (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/approved_countries-outside) for more information on international accounts.

Overall the system appears to be very useful and secure. It just goes to show you how easy it can be to set up a method of payment over the internet without having to go through all the form filling that the banks make you do when opening a merchant account.

I'll be using PayPal to offer more services soon, including the badges and subscriptions as well as donations etc.

Tricky Woo
24th Aug 2001, 18:46
Dear Uncle Danny,

I've had a loooong think on this matter:

At first I thought that a wallet-friendly solution would be to request a single word. But which word? I figured that you would object to profanity, so 'Bollocks' is out, more's the pity. I had a brief flirtation with 'Antidisestablishmentarianism', then decided that the flood of emails demanding an explanation would be too much to bear.

As soon as the decision moves towards multiple words, then a whole universe of possibilities becomes, er, possible.

I have to admit that I considered something motivational, such as 'Simply the best' or 'Never caught napping', but then my British sense of modesty came into play.

Then I had une bonne idee!

Therefore, please accept my $35's worth of request, and I hope that it meets with your full approval.

TW

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Tricky Woo ]

Just an other number
24th Aug 2001, 19:24
to Just Another Number:
nice personal number plate for you - beat me by minutes you dirty rotten swine you....

to Danny: - suggest you get the payment message up on major forums as well as jet blast - I wasn't really looking for personalisation details when I picked up on this

regards from the laundromat

MightyGem
25th Aug 2001, 02:21
One World, there were two 4 digit numbers on my CC statement. I obviously used the wrong one and after two attempts I got locked out of the website. I was asked to fax a copy of statement, but their fax number kept ringing out. So I scanned it and e-mailed, was asked to e-mail to another address, no answer. Complained, asked to e-mail to yet another, still no answer. Complained again, requested either they except me or close my account. That was on 17 Aug. Still no reply yet.
:mad:

Trinflight
25th Aug 2001, 10:55
Got mine and it fit right out of the box. Sleeves are even the proper length. ;)

OzExpat
25th Aug 2001, 12:58
It seems to be "fine", unless your CC billing address is in Papua New Guinea. Danny, I hope the system can be extended to that country before all your new saleable goodies become available.

TT's are soooo expensive! :eek:

Rollingthunder
25th Aug 2001, 17:39
Worked fine. And fast.

*** Free Bold if one of the first 20 clients***

Deal of the century and no stay a saturday night. No Airmiles. It's a good thing. ;)

the wizard of auz
26th Aug 2001, 14:37
I bought the wings with CASH and now I want the goodies on the screen.....can we do it with cash Danny as I dont got me a credit card....they wont give me one coz I is a pilot. :D ;)

JB007
26th Aug 2001, 15:25
Love it!
$53!, I've really lost my marbles...but if it keeps PPRuNe free..

TowerDog
26th Aug 2001, 19:31
Just testing to see if my new title in Gold letters are up yet..

(Did I make the first 20 with free bold letters?)

Waiting patiently, unable to sleep....

Here comes the ADD REPLY button.

(Drumroll)

TowerDog
26th Aug 2001, 19:36
Voila.

That was quick and painless.

Should have gone for bold.
Maybe later.

Danny, does this go to a new server honestly, or uh, to pay off your tab down at the pub?... ;)

Capt PPRuNe
26th Aug 2001, 19:59
Let me put it this way TG. Based on the average income from these Peronal Titles that I HOPE to receive then I would require about 60 new orders every month just to pay for the rental of the current server every month, never mind all the other licences and stuff that has to be paid for.

I say HOPE because I am a very trusting type and have gone to great trouble and effort to make sure that all orders received so far (23) have been set up and only then do I send out an invoce through PayPal. Out of those 23 only 4 have actually paid up so I am hoping that the rest manage to sort out their PayPal account and get the money to me. Time will tell if I am being too gullible here.
:eek:

JB007
26th Aug 2001, 20:43
Oh god....did you get my payment Danny?

Just don't trust my computer skills!

TowerDog
26th Aug 2001, 20:52
Ok Danny, yeah I do belive it is expensive running this here Network.

Uh, the comment about the pub was just a friendly little wind-up.

I should be one of the 4 that has paid up, the PayPal account message said all is done and taken care off.

Let me know if there is a snag.

JB007
26th Aug 2001, 20:56
Sorry..should have checked my e-mail!
Got a message back saying it was all ok..I hope ?

brockenspectre
26th Aug 2001, 21:23
Happy to see PayPal on board for PPRuNe - I haven't used it a lot but when I have it has been very effective!!

Danny, is there going to be a Merchandise link at startup to a page where we can buy "stuff" - badges, names and we can see pics of all that is available (baseball caps, Tees etc)...and...I hesitate to say this because it would probably cause more work, but how about some way of paying a subscription or making a donation. I guess the subscription route would be way too much administration but...if folks just chose to contribute some $$ every so often to PPRuNe, via PayPal then maybe you could create a title of "shareholder" or something..I don't know...just musing out loud about how we can ensure that those of us who benefit infinitely from the forum can prevent anyone, least of all you, having to dip hand in own pocket to pay out for servers etc...or..am I just getting too serious? Also am I right in assuming currency of preference for PayPal will be US$?

I was going to send this privately but thought it might be useful to air my view publicly!! ::shrugs::

:cool: <~~thinking of name to buy!

Tricky Woo
26th Aug 2001, 23:35
Dear Uncle Danny,

The way I see it, it can take a while to get the PayPal account up and running. I've got to see the special code on my credit card bill and then enter it into my account in order to activate it.

I'll get the money to you as soon as I receive my next credit card statement.

TW

JB007
27th Aug 2001, 00:19
TW,

My account was set up instantly allowing me to send the money to Danny.

My CC has yet to be confirmed which I can't do until my statement arrives but it still allowed me to use the account.

Roofus
27th Aug 2001, 00:45
Ok. One application filled out. Guess I'll wait & see what happens.
Being a computer 'pigmy' I haven't a clue how to sort out a picture. But I guess there will be time for that later!

Mac the Knife
27th Aug 2001, 01:24
I think it looks rather spiffy...

Tricky Woo
27th Aug 2001, 12:01
JB007,

Dunno why, maybe because I entered a Swiss Visa card number, but my current limit is $0. When I tried to increase this a bit so that I could cough up to Danny, the application insisted on the PayPal Confirmation Number which will appear on my credit card statement.

Will cough up the dosh when I can.

TW

PPRuNe Towers
27th Aug 2001, 15:28
Don't worry about it Tricky. We ran for 6 years without asking for any money - we'll get by 'till you get your statement.

Rob

nasa
27th Aug 2001, 17:46
I'm in....Spent the last three nights without sleep as I try to come up with an original name.....I'm open to suggestions (p!ss off torres and AA)

:D :D :D

Brilliant idea just came to me.....with your permission oh lord of the Towers....how 'bout a competition.....whoever comes up with the best name and gif for nasa, I'll send a stick of PC133 128mb RAM, anywhere in the world.....fairdinkum
:cool: :cool:

Rules are simple....only two of them.....

(1) I get to choose and my decision is final

(2) If any doubt, refer to rule #1
;) ;)

Competition close 1700 hours AEST Friday 31st August 2001

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: nasa ]

Whirlybird
27th Aug 2001, 21:08
Danny, can't we have the old ones back PLEASE! I liked being "In need of PPRuNers Anonymous" - but it's rather a lot of words and a bit expensive.

Grainger
27th Aug 2001, 21:24
Hey nasa - how about "Goldin's Heroes" for the title, and obviously the NASA logo for the gif - can't post a picture link here but go to www.nasa.gov (http://www.nasa.gov) and you'll see it top left hand corner.

Rollingthunder
28th Aug 2001, 07:19
NASA, beware of copyright and trademarks.

Rumour is prices will only go up in this mad world...get yours today.

nasa
28th Aug 2001, 07:44
Nope, thought about using the NASA Logo, but saw a story some time ago about a Security Company in Melbourne that, like me, used NASA, and a logo similar to the original NASA.

Cost them a sh!t load in legals and lost everything.

innuendo
28th Aug 2001, 11:30
I guess that rules out the Olympic Rings logo

Roofus
28th Aug 2001, 14:21
Mr Number #1

Thanks for setting everything up so quickly.
I've received my stuff from paypal & as soon as I can get it to accept my rassin frassin CC details I'll sort out the dosh!
After I've done that I'll try & work out how to get a picture & cough up for one of those aswell! (Unfortunately all I know about Computers is that mine is grey & sometimes works, sometimes doesn't!)
:)

[ 28 August 2001: Message edited by: Roofus ]

flapsforty
28th Aug 2001, 15:41
New PC installed and paypal account set up!
As soon as I get my confirmation nr, I will fill out the order form.

Anyone know where I could possibly find a pink-and-purple-fire-spitting-Dragon icon??

Nice move from the Admin front!!

biggles mate
28th Aug 2001, 16:19
Number 1 Paypal set up confermation soon, dosh will follow. Have emailed you with my request hope it is ok.
Still cant wait for goodies. also are those prices in $us or $aud, also how many $aud for a set of wings. :p ;)

OzExpat
28th Aug 2001, 19:32
Flaps... why would you want an icon like that? :confused: :eek: :D

biggles mate... just check with any bank. Last time I checked, GBP 1.00 was equal to about $2.75 Oz, but it might have changed a bit since then. easier just to ask them how much for GBP10.65 (ie don't forget to add in the postage) and then send that amount. If the rate changes unfavourably before Danny gets it, I'm sure he'll forgive you! :D You'll then get your very own set of PPRuNe wings and will thus have joined a growing band of happy, if somewhat idiotic PPRuNeaholics, just like me! :eek: ;)

[ 28 August 2001: Message edited by: OzExpat ]

dingducky
29th Aug 2001, 20:57
flaps how about:

dragon icon (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2299/drgpix/drgicon2.gif)

vain dragon (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/1600/Vain-Dragon.gif)

another (http://camalott.com/~malathar/whitebkg/pupldrgn.GIF)

hmmm i'll keep looking :cool:

OzExpat
30th Aug 2001, 18:38
I feel sure that Danny will now be relieved to find my TT in his bank account! Thanks for "carrying me" thru this exceptionally difficult period Captain!

At last, my title is my own ... in perpetuity ... or at least until Danny has another whim? :eek: :D

biggles mate
31st Aug 2001, 01:05
Number 1
Thank you Danny it looks great as soon as i get my ID code from Pay Pal I will seen you the Green!
(I'm shore that is what my missus ment when I spend to much time ppruneing, she said something about cutting something off)
:D :D :D :D :D ;)

TowerDog
31st Aug 2001, 02:03
Hi Danny got a question for ya:

How about free samples?
I am thinking about upgrading to bold for my title. Could ya "bold" it for a few days to see if I like it?

If I do like it, will use my Pay-Pal account to send ya another $7.00.

Thanks.

BlueDiamond
2nd Sep 2001, 08:44
Might be setting a trap for yourself there TowerDog ... Danny might "bold" it for a few days and you would buy it if you liked it but if you didn't like it, he might charge you to remove it - especially if he's done too many night flights.

OzExpat
2nd Sep 2001, 13:53
Blue... Danny wouldn't do something like that! :rolleyes:

VFE... do ya know if Santa has registered for PayPal yet? :D

flapsforty
2nd Sep 2001, 16:27
Dux Thanx a lot for keeping an eye out for Pink Dragons. :D Very Kind of you!!

But I couldn't open the first 2 links alas........ :(

TowerDog
2nd Sep 2001, 20:58
Blue Diamond:

No, Danny would never do that to a fellow 767 driver.

Would he??

Surely not??

Uh, hope not.

Ah, Danny scratch that request...

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: TowerDog ]

Capt PPRuNe
3rd Sep 2001, 00:48
Tower, check it out! Now that it has been mentioned though.... a charge for removing it? Hmmm. (I would't do that until you'd finished your probation!).

One other thing, those of you wanting images, remember to use an image that is 60 x 60 pixels or less otherwise I can't use it. Also, make sure it is hosted on a server where you will be guaranteed the space and not have it removed.

tony draper
3rd Sep 2001, 01:02
A few of us have asked if it is possible to have a address were a simple check can be sent, or good honest coin of the realm, is this possible Sir Tower,???hmmm. :)

PS, This electronic money, its not real you know,you can't actually spend it.
Draper likes his wallet stuffed with twenties tens and fives, real coin jingling in pocket, bloody bits of plastic BAH!

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

429 CJ
3rd Sep 2001, 11:13
That's ditto from me too as well tony, but me thinks perhaps they didn't get the hint about some of us and the non-disclosure of cc details to others. I had also popped $100 (AuD) into a little a/c that another ozmate (Blue Sky Baron) has going down here for Danny's great southern adventure next year as well as ordering and paying for 4 (no typo - 4) pprune badges which Ozexpat and a couple of other helpers (g'day sprocket and stallie!) have been helping distribute around our country.

Some of us have tried to support in our own ways. ;)

OneWorld22
3rd Sep 2001, 14:03
This is a really good idea Cap'n to raise funds,

I've been using Paypal for a year now, so money should be with you fairly quickly. :)

TowerDog
4th Sep 2001, 00:54
Danny:

Ok, thanks, that bold title looks better.
More manly....

Will do the Pay-Pal thing again in a day or two and send the $7.00 for an upgrade.

(Unless of course I could use reverse logic and say, I don't like it, pls remove the bold stuff and ya are gonne charge me to remove it, and TowerDog refuses to pay, so to hurt and screw me, ya let it stay and I get a free bold title. Clever ain't it?)

Tony: Ya mention an address for Sir Tower so as to send a check?

Uh, I assume ya mean Sir TowerDog, and yes I will certainly give out address and account number for monies to be transferred to Sir TowerDog's beer fund.

Ya are a good man and despite of OBC, I now see that there is a God.....
More of ya blokes out there should follow The Drapers example and just give to a good cause.
Thaks for being kind.
Operaters are standing by..

:cool:

TowerDog
4th Sep 2001, 19:49
Hmm, no takers?
No messeages from PayPal complaining they are flooded with money for TowerDog's beer fund.

Oh, well back to the drawing board...

Danny, I went back to PayPal and paid up for the bolding of my ****** title.

(Why are SG censored as above? Something happened here on PPRuNe in the past?)

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: TowerDog ]

tony draper
4th Sep 2001, 20:26
No probs Mr Towerdog, splendid handle by the way.
I'm a bit suprised all these antipodeans wanting handles instead of being just numers.
If a number was good enough for Great Great Grandfather should be good enough for them. ;) ;)

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

TowerDog
4th Sep 2001, 20:42
You might as well join Tony and get yer own handle, colours, bold print and all.
You grandfather would have done the same thing if he was a PPRuNe'r.

:)

Biggles Flies Undone
4th Sep 2001, 20:50
A thought just occurred to me. If you registered as 'Novocaine' or 'Entronox' then the phrase 'just another number' would be perfectly appropriate :rolleyes:

Roofus
6th Sep 2001, 21:23
Greetings No.1

My Paypal 'thingy' finally appears sorted & says the dosh has been paid......can you confirm??
Ta :D

Capt PPRuNe
6th Sep 2001, 22:31
Yep, if you received a confirmation from PayPal the I have been paid. No need to reconfirm here.

Have received a few cheques through the post and one or two were not clear who they were from though!
:confused:

the wizard of auz
7th Sep 2001, 15:33
If you recieve any unclaimed chqs in the mail then one could be mine.... :D
No1. could you please email an addy to send the $$$ to as I have grown attached to my personalized thingy and feel as though I am a thief for not paying yet. ;) P.s I recieved my wings from sprocket today and I reckon there great.

rainbow
8th Sep 2001, 01:29
Hi Capt Danny,

We hope you have a fine Oz time next April.
Well, I've nearly got this Paypal thing sorted out. I ordered a spectrum of colours for my moniker but was informed that one colour only per customer is available.

Call me old fashioned but my view is that there is something incomplete about a monochromatic rainbow.

Nevertheless, as soon as Paypal confirms payment I shall be very happy to allow old Isaac to turn cryptically, ignore physics meteorological, and ask for either a red or a blue or a gold as chroma moniker. (Whichever you judge effective ... I'll be happy with...)

Thanks for a great site.
Best wishes,
rainbow

flapsforty
26th Sep 2001, 11:23
Back to the top for twistedenginestarter and anyone else interested. :D

Paterbrat
26th Sep 2001, 13:47
Sorry it took so long to come across the thread Danny, will investigate paypal and begin the process. Visit quite regularly now, it took a while, but have become addicted. Great site, I thought that when I first came onto it and it has only improved since then.

HugMonster
27th Sep 2001, 19:05
Who exactly is PayPal anyway? My personal suspicion is that it's *********'s long-lost and rather disreputable sister, who has been thrown out of the family for soliciting money in exchange for - errr - repotting plants... :eek:

Gertrude the Wombat
30th Sep 2001, 02:18
FF:

Anyone know where I could possibly find a pink-and-purple-fire-spitting-Dragon icon??

... and anyone else looking for images, you could try:

http://images.google.com

(As well as typing in "purple dragon" many people have got amusing results by typing their name in.)

LAN
30th Sep 2001, 02:24
...got my vote! Anything to break out of anonymity! :D

Good work, Danny! :cool:

dingducky
1st Oct 2001, 01:31
Gertrude the Wombat i like it. who would have though there was such as thing as rubber ducky condoms! :p :D

i like this:
devil ducky (http://presentpicker.com/ppp/product/giftmania/devilducky2m.gif)

Tonkenna
16th Oct 2001, 22:12
This is a great idea. Have just sent the order in and await the payment email thing. I think it needs to go to the top again though.

Tonks :)

rainbow
17th Oct 2001, 00:19
Hi Captain Danny,
Well, it took a while but I finally got my statement with the secret paypal code and (after waiting for an expired card to be renewed) despatched payment to you. Hopefully you got it. (They said you did.)

I recall asking for red, blue or gold as colour of choice for my moniker but I wonder if you are agreeble to settle on red?

If this will cost an extra $7 then so be it. But I find we're talking Yankee dollars and in Oz one can buy entire municipalities for the outlay thus far.

Just joking...thanks for a great value site...am coughing up willingly.

Best wishes,
rainbow

Capt PPRuNe
17th Oct 2001, 21:29
Rainbow, you requested the colour 'spectrum' but I couldn't figure that out and you didn't include it in the price so you got black.

I have now added red so you owe PPRuNe another US$7. Just PayPal it to me.

Weren't the Mysterons something to do with Spectrum? Ooops! I digress! :p

rainbow
18th Oct 2001, 13:16
Done deal Danny,
The $7 for red is sent. (This PayPal thing is quite a useful service.)

The 'Spectrum' referred to was the spectrum of white light; red, orange, yellow etc, which would have been quite appropriate for a rainbow.

But 7 colours at $7US each would have blown out our national debt astonomically. I am very happy with what I've got.

Thankyou and best wishes,
rainbow

flapsforty
21st Oct 2001, 00:51
BTT

Paterbrat
26th Oct 2001, 20:07
Danny you said that while waiting for paypal I could order??

Paterbrat
27th Oct 2001, 03:14
PpruneSecret Agent has a Calvin picture where could I get one of Hobbs?