PDA

View Full Version : Airbeds to Oz...

birdbrain
26th Apr 2004, 16:53
Friends travelling to Oz this year are interested to know if any airline does beds, where one might get a good snooze and arrive fairly perky..
Are they really expensive ?

apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I just could'nt see a general questions one for non- professional bozo .. !

Should I get me coat ?:{

SLF
26th Apr 2004, 20:54
Try BA Club, you can probably get a return for around GBP 2k or so at the right time. Very nice they are too, about 6' 3" of flat space, turning over is a real luxury :ok:

I'm sure others have similar offerings, Virgin I think...?

(reckon this will be in *my* forum soon ;) )

OverRun
26th Apr 2004, 23:54
The other option is to stopover in a hotel for a night on the way - such as Singapore.

Animalclub
27th Apr 2004, 02:38
QANTAS and Singapore Airlines offer beds in First Class... and BA and QF offer/will offer beds in Business Class.

I second Overrun... stopover en route is a real bonus... ask nicely and the airline may just pay for it to get your business - if you travel exclusively with one airline.

christep
27th Apr 2004, 04:49
Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong is another option with the best First Class in the air, plus a business class "bed" (albeit not quite as horizontal as the BA one). The AV system, the service and pretty much everything else about Cathay is better than BA or Qantas. And you could stop over in HK for a few days in one direction or the other.

timmyneedham
27th Apr 2004, 17:21
Singapore Airlines Raffles Class for me every time. Seats v comfortable and service fabulous. Nice to go straight down with quick change in S'pore and come back with a break in between sectors.