PDA

View Full Version : Some good news please

craig1975
26th Apr 2004, 12:22
Whilst nobody would say that times at present at good and recruitment does favour the more skilled pilots surely some people who go through the training, be it integrated or modular are getting jobs.

I would appreciate some feedback on anyone who is going through a course and has got work as a low-houred pilot. This network always appears to be on a downer with people talking about bankrupcy and being 40k in debt and no job!!!!!!

I would on a personal level feel that in order to get an airline position be it 737 with BA or flying small turbo-props for Eastern Airways the candidate should be a rounded individual with qualities outside aviation such as management etc.

Please can I have some feedback on this and some success stories even if they are from people flying Senecas full of holiday makers!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

onthebuses
26th Apr 2004, 13:15
Craig,

I agree there does seem to be very few positive stories around on here.. Maybe when most finally do get to the RHS they stop talking about it.

Check this thread;

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125524

There is a posting by Pilot Pete, (bout 2/3 way down the page) which shows what determination can get you in this buisness.

Hope it helps

OTB:ok:

A and C
27th Apr 2004, 18:26
The good news is sitting right at the top of the R&N forum as I write this ...................BA are recruting !.

This will start everyone moving up the ladder.

G-LOST
28th Apr 2004, 08:00
Whether this is good news depends upon where you are sitting in the great scheme of things.

bmi regional has just taken on another 8 new starts. I believe at least 5 of them have circa 180hours, fresh off an integrated course. The company purposely avoided experienced pilots as they are worried about attrition rates and expect these guys to stay for a while!? All are paying for their type ratings on the ERJ.

LOST

YYZ
28th Apr 2004, 08:09
HI G-LOST

Hope all is going well since the big step into the real world?

Out of interest, how much is the type rating on the ERJ & does it bond you to BMI?

Thanks
YYZ

Grange End Star
28th Apr 2004, 10:58
I got lucky last year and was taken on by a regional turboprop operator. :)

In fact 12 f/o 's were taken on at the same time all but 2 followed the modular route ( they had about 200 odd hours ) and most were of the instructor/air taxi background with about 1000 hrs or more.

Also apart from two young uns all were aged 30+ and two were over 40

Jobs are about , a lot of them come about from from word of mouth , i got mine through a personal recomendation which can go a long way.

As pilot pete is always saying on these boards networking and increasing experience / hours is often the key to success.

Cheers

G-LOST
28th Apr 2004, 14:10
YYZ

I understand that it's 2 grand up front and a further 13 grand over 5 years, taken out of salary. Bonded to the company.

Glad I got in a year ago. All going well thanks!

LOST