PDA

View Full Version : ATR Contracts in Bangkok

Dentist
25th Apr 2004, 16:10
Can anyone inform me of what it's like to live in Bangkok, I am about to apply for the ATR contract with Bangkok Air? Cost of living, work scheduals ect?
Many thanks

varigflier
26th Apr 2004, 00:55
In my opinion it's a very good lifestyle. If I get a flying job there I will definately go. Things are pretty cheap, the food is good and the people are very friendly.

Dentist
26th Apr 2004, 08:47
Thanks for the info.

kwaiyai
26th Apr 2004, 12:31
Hi Dentist,
If I could join you tomorrow count me in too. Enjoy, I often here you guys taxi out at BKK.
Regards.

robione
30th Apr 2004, 11:42
What a City, its cheap, its huge, population near 7 million mark i believe.Ive been there 3 times in the last 12 months.Flew with Bangkok Air on the ATR from little airport near Pattaya to Koh-Samui in Jan this year.Beautifull place to work.Lucky you.Ide give my right arm for a job flying the ATR around Thialand.Spoke with the CPT and FO who gave me a flight deck visit on the ground in Koh-Samui, they painted a pretty picture saying life there was good flying for B.A.I was under the impression only Thai nationals would make it into B.A.Good luck to you and hope your succesfull

ZFT
1st May 2004, 00:19
<<I was under the impression only Thai nationals would make it into B.A.Good luck to you and hope your succesfull>>

Due to a pilot shortage, BKP are recruiting foreign nationals for the ATRs now.

VFR
1st May 2004, 03:52
Where do you apply?

Is it directly to B A ?

Taikonaut
1st May 2004, 06:45
I think it's through Euro-Pacific out of New Zealand. I also believe that they have a website also. Good luck.

3BSKY
9th May 2004, 09:29
Hello,

Any info on their minimum requirements ?
Thanks.

dickon
9th May 2004, 20:56
Thailand....wow!

I love the place! I'd give my arms and legs to fly anything out there.

Good luck.:ok: