PDA

View Full Version : BA Time to Command

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 17:00
I have recently spoken to JH (those in BA will know him) and have been advised that I will have to wait another 8 years for my command. This is on top of the 7 I've already done.

I find this absolutely scandalous especially when one is having to fly with captains on the -400 who are ex cadets and non-military.

These people haven't served their time in the forces (where all pilots should be made to start) and now are commanding 747-400's.

Add to that the ridiculous situation where they are the captain and someone like myself, who is infinately more experienced, is still in the RHS.

I'm sure many of you can appreciate how this makes me and those like me feel.

I think that all time in the RAF should be taken into account for seniority and the rightful order to things would be achieved

Rant over

LF

Wino
25th Apr 2004, 17:04
This has to be a windup....
Either that or proof that the seniority system works, because this sort of temper tantrum is definately unbecoming and indicative of character flaws that further time in the RHS may cure (hopefully)

:yuk:

Cheers
Wino

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 17:05
I don't waste time with idle humour

LF

Joker's Wild
25th Apr 2004, 17:13
Boo hoo...........................now let me find my tissue.:yuk:

Vansin
25th Apr 2004, 17:31
My mate in BA, recently retired, took 17 years to command!

Other EU flag carriers around 12 to initial jet command.

Human Factor
25th Apr 2004, 17:32
WIND UP ALERT

My heart bleeds for you. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up.

IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINED!!!

So stop whining or join another company.

Hotel Mode
25th Apr 2004, 17:43
Got to be a wind up surely? Anyway 7 years will nearly get you a command at LGW or short haul LHR. What you really mean is you wont leave the 400 for a command.

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 17:50
Seven years will not get you any sort of command in BA any more due to the pay deal which screwed the likes of me at least twice over.

I may have to consider my future and think of moving to a non seniority based carrier where my alnts will be appreciated and put to appropriate use.

what_goes_up
25th Apr 2004, 17:55
L F
What the hell makes you think you are any better then others just because you rode the fast jets? I've done both and know as good as you do that this is a different world. Very little experience you can take with you from military type of flying to the airline business. It was your decision to join the forces and to have fun there. So did I. Others chose the direct approach and are now ahead of you. So where is the point?

Cheers anyway

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 18:02
What goes up.

Its a mindset and discipline issue. You should appreciate that.

LF

parcel
25th Apr 2004, 18:06
LF: jolly good idea for you to move to another carrier. Clearly, BA, with its fair system based on seniority rather than wingeing winco bollocks, doesn't suit you. Types like you give the ex-service chaps a bad name. Bye-bye! :yuk:

planecrazi
25th Apr 2004, 18:20
LF-You gotta be joking with an attitude which you have presented.
Seniority starting within the military.... imagine if everybody went thru the military before they could fly in an airline. You would have an even lower seniority in the forces and much lower outside.

Be happy with what you have got. Many would give up so much to be in your position with BA(not meaning in "your shoes").

what_goes_up
25th Apr 2004, 18:21
Its a mindset and discipline issue

I agree on that. You must have showed dicipline there. You would not have survived without. But this makes you not a better airliner than one coming from the cadet side. On stick and rudder you might have an advantage. But military flying does not give you any advantage in team leading, managing a flight or other more important things in civil aviation. So I honestly do not see the necessity to count your years in service for the seniority in an airline. As said before. It was your own decision.

Is it really worth leaving BA (or even the UK) for the sake of a command? Why don't you just calm down your frustration (which I can understand after 7 years) and enjoy the benefits of being where you are. I would love to sit there.

Quidnunc
25th Apr 2004, 18:57
LF,

You really are a nobber. If you've been in BA seven years, you will have joined in circa 1997. If you couldn't achieve a command in that time, then it's you who is at fault. Have you failed some Route Checks / Sims etc?
During the late 90s / early 2000s, commands at LGW were available to all who had the hours (seniroity was never an issue, as they went so junior).
So are you a useless pilot, too thick to take a command when available, or both?
I remember your banal posts a few years ago along similar lines. Still got your white gloves and whipping stick?!?!

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 19:05
Thank you for your mindless input.

EOG I considered beneath me.

LF

gatman
25th Apr 2004, 19:12
Isn't this ex-military thing part of the problems of recent years at Korean Air?

Diesel
25th Apr 2004, 19:14
LF

"EOG I considered beneath me"

My word with breathtaking arrogance like that it's a good job you are not in the LHS.

What you mean is you do not want a command other than the 400. Well my heart bleeds.

Comparing military vs civil backgrounds is IMHO irrelevant. Above a set standard is good enough- no matter what went before. Indeed if you wish to remove seniority and select on merit I would want CRM and non tech skills assessed. Judging from your attitude your time to command would lengthen considerably.

Quidnunc
25th Apr 2004, 19:14
Well, there was a command there if you wanted it. If you considered it beneath you, then tough.
I notice you said 'considered it beneth me'. Does that mean that you don't anymore? (Beacuse the pay / T&Cs are now much better than a few years ago for example).

zak dingle
25th Apr 2004, 19:18
Lord F is winding you all up, and your all taking the bait !!

back to emmerdale

Human Factor
25th Apr 2004, 19:41
I don't mind a bit of a wind up. Having a quiet Sunday otherwise .... ;)

Alternatively, the poor bloke is probably Cat C. :E

frimm
25th Apr 2004, 20:15
So Lord F is this a wind up?

If everyone took your attitude no matter what career they have chosen for themselves, then ergo assuming they don't change career then they will automatically be more senior to anyone else in any given organisation, just because they have been performing the job longer.

In other words if you leave BA and join another carrier, do you expect them to give you seniority not just based on your RAF experience but on that gained at BA as well?..... In yours, or any other career I dont think that would be a reality do you?

I believe experience in the military can bring insight and benefits for any future career in any type of industry, (self discipline for one) but I also believe that there are things that need to be left behind when one leaves the military, especially in the mindset department.

I find your attitude somewhat disturbing, and when I read your original posting my mind went back to the tragic accident at Staines in 1972 involving a BA Trident. The commander was ex RAF and on the flightdeck was god........ we all know what happened. (and yes I know his condition was medical, but what affect did his mindset have on his crew?)

You can all do as many CRM courses as your respective organisations want to send you on but if you dont learn then why bother. There are many very good commercial pilots around that started in the RAF, (I know several) why don't I see them complaining the way you are?

Finally before anybody wants to shoot me down after checking my profile, I will state it here. I am not a professional pilot (or a sim pilot for that matter!), but I do have experience of having to
work with others and accept that sometimes things don't pan out the way I would like.......... isn't that known as life?

Lord_Flashhart
25th Apr 2004, 20:27
I can one again assure you that I am not interested in a "wind up" as people with a limited availability of English so like to call it.

I am not a professional pilot (or a sim pilot for that matter!)

In that case would you kindly leave the comments to people who are.

LF

Spearing Britney
25th Apr 2004, 21:31
I am, and I agree with him...

PPRuNe Towers
25th Apr 2004, 21:31
Red writing, bottom of the page - please, at least make Lord F have to work a little more at the trolling.

rob

Where's Ecam these days when you need a real windup merchant??

Hot Wings
25th Apr 2004, 21:32
LF - I agree that a command on the 400 is the only sensible option. Perhaps we should have fleet based seniority, so that all 744 P2s would get their 400 commands ahead of any schoolbus or light twin Captains with higher company seniority.

I for one have had enough of these ex-short haul Captains who come on to this wonderful fleet and don't like how things are done - why you need the JFK arrival ATIS as you climb out of LHR is beyond me!

Well thats Me
25th Apr 2004, 21:34
LF
Well i hope they make you wait 80 years mate rather than 8,in engineering you have to be lodge bound since your grandfathers mum worked there to get ANY promotion,its not automatic based on time served even if you are ex RAF ( we have lots of ex RAF mechanics on 25K that have done 30 years ).
Bloody Pilots - wake up to the real world mate,i wont get a pay rise like that one your talking of or the status that comes with it if i lived to be 800 !!!
Bo Hu - 8 years, I take it your having a laugh here.

kite
25th Apr 2004, 21:36
I have usually found ex-RAF capable of at least the same flying standard as ex-cadets in my airline. However, as this thread demonstrates quite well, ex-cadet's CRM and attitudes are often superior than that of their ex-RAF peers. I am a professional airline pilot but welcome comments from all, regardless of profession. Keep it coming frimm.

Dan Winterland
25th Apr 2004, 21:46
Well, if it isn't a wind-up, perhaps LF is the [email protected] I saw at Cranebank weraing medal ribbons on his BA uniform!!!

E cam
25th Apr 2004, 22:03
Very kind of you Towers! Wind ups are just too easy these days, as Flash Heart is proving.

flyhardmo
25th Apr 2004, 22:05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that case would you kindly leave the comments to people who are.

I dont think you have the right to comment either. Although you are a hot shot ex RAF "pilot" I cant see anything in your posts that you should pre-fix "proffessional" in front of your job description. Sounds like a classic King of the castle syndrome my Lord Flashhart.

:{

HalesAndPace
25th Apr 2004, 22:27
And this "gentleman's" thread still hasn't been sent to Jet Blast?? He's caught more fish than an Icelandic trawler during the Cod War!!!

He made the same dumb comments on the GSS thread. BTW, he must be so modest that he doesn't list his decorations (or anything else for that matter!!) on his profile. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/tweetz/bootyshake.gif

onthebuses
25th Apr 2004, 22:31
LF

Come and work with me on the buses... I work with loads of ex-forces, and estimated time to command is only about 2 weeks.. And there is no seniority!!!

(Sorry, could nee help it :E )

OTB :ok:

BlueEagle
26th Apr 2004, 00:31
When I was working for a UK operator some years ago we had a considerable influx of ex RAF pilots to cope with expansion.
The only ones that brought with them any thing that might be considered 'transferable' were the ex C130 guys. At that time the ex VC10 chaps were just a little bit too far up themselves, (could that be you LF?) and the ex FJ chaps, great handlers to a man, knew nothing of operating as a member of a crew. The FJ lads required an extra season before consideration for command and even then one or two dipped their command course at the first attempt.

Have you considered, Lord Flash_Hart, that you are simply not up to it? :}

(Yes, I think it is a wind up too!).

411A
26th Apr 2004, 05:43
LF seems like just the sort we need...for a OAKB base.

av8boy
26th Apr 2004, 07:30
OAKB? Haven't the poor Afghanis been through enough? :O

Lord_Flashhart
26th Apr 2004, 08:31
I do indeed wear my medal ribbons on my uniform. Why ever wouldn't I? I have been decorated serving my country and am proud of it.

The moronic element on here completely miss the point. Companies are loosing out on a wealth of command experience by subjecting people such as me to years and years in the RHS instead of harvesting their talents and appointing them to appopriate positions.

LF

M.Mouse
26th Apr 2004, 08:49
Lord Flasha rse has been around for ages and you all take the bait!

He might have more credibility if he knew basic English Companies are loosing out on a wealth

loose adj. Not fastened, restrained, or contained.

lose v. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of.

26th Apr 2004, 08:55
Wind-up or not, if this is true then maybe the reason for you not getting promoted is the fact that those 'beneath you' are better than you........

Methinks you've been a bit pants at your command assessments

Lord_Flashhart
26th Apr 2004, 09:12
Oh dear a typing error. How dare I. This must prove I'm a "wind up merchant" as you like to say.

Wedon't have command assessments not that it would bother me with my RAF experience.

Dan Buster
26th Apr 2004, 09:38
LF,
Let's look at a scenario using your system of promotion.

A command position opens up on the -400 at BA.

2 potential candidates:

1 has been at BA for 10 years in the RHS of the -400. He knows the aircraft, the routes, procedures, weather patterns, ATC, CRM procedures, CC procedures, tricks and traps with various airports etc etc.

THe other has just joined BA but has 11 years experience with the RAF(and is in your words:"infinately more experienced") and thus, using your system, is the one who would get the left seat?

I know who I'd rather have as Captain! Experience is all relative.
I for one am glad the seniority system is here to stay.

Stan Woolley
26th Apr 2004, 09:50
I have flown with Lord_Flashhart and believe me he is being modest about his abilities and has every right to be aggrieved!:E

Gentle Climb
26th Apr 2004, 10:11
come on guys, enough already. Flashheart is having a lie in today as laughing so much yesterday tired him out.

By the way, I don't understand why I can't use my accredited hours on Microsoft Flight Simulator/combat simulator towards my hours for PPL. Really unfair. I told BA about all the hours that I had done at my sponsorship interview and the bloke seemed quite impressed at the time. Shame he didn't write back.

Fly-by-night
26th Apr 2004, 11:13
LF

I find your attitude astounding!

It'll get you no further in a non seniority based airline, where attitude is all important, and a cornerstone of non technical skills and flight safety.:eek:

Hotel Charlie
26th Apr 2004, 11:31
If this LF guy is for real he is nothing but a dipstick and a danger to aviation!
Hope itīs a "wind up" ;)

Cap 56
26th Apr 2004, 12:32
Lord_Flashhart

Why don't you join Emirates.

Only 2 years to command and you will be in little England and can wear your medals too....and if you are really that good they will give you a training position....all in the family "the finests in the sky meets the worlds favourite"

brakedwell
26th Apr 2004, 13:26
If and when Lord Flasharse get's his four silver rings, watch for an exodus of disgruntled First Officers.

onthebuses
26th Apr 2004, 13:30
Sorry LF I didn't realise who you were until you mentioned the MEDALS..

He can be found most days driving the BA1 between Waterworld and Hatton X.. I have heard from one of the passengers he shouts "rotate" "rotate you bloody fool" as he drives his Dennis Dart (bus) out of WW... ( Still refuses to accept that he has a set of doors to his left..)

It also didn't help his condition when the H30 was withdrawn and he had to drive round the southside, thus being exposed to the Cargo Centre and the likes.. Hence the previous posts about GSS commands and his sudden interest of all things cargo... I have heard that XYZ* Transport is looking for DE commanders on their Iveco Eurocargo fleet if you are still interested in a life outside the BA bus routes..

He really is a great guy.. Litttle confused but his heart is in the right place... :ok:

* = edited so you don't miss out.. PM me and I'll send you their details..:cool:

Digitalis
26th Apr 2004, 14:33
With 22 years and 8,000 hours in the military (plus 6 years and 4,000 civvy) , does LF imply that I should be entitled to a direct entry, year-28-seniority, B747/B777 command at BA?

Where do I sign?

Lord_Flashhart
26th Apr 2004, 15:30
Yes you would be if the world was fair.

LF

Paterbrat
26th Apr 2004, 15:41
Not bad for a little angling Flashfart you tickled a few in, it's the plummy tone, and supercilious attitude that works a treat, better than Mayfly on a sunny day.

JW411
26th Apr 2004, 16:06
I personally think that the time has come to reintroduce compulsory National Service.

Some of the F/Os that I have to fly with are altogether too scruffy and indisciplined and would benefit greatly from the experience I'm sure.

the egg man
26th Apr 2004, 16:19
LF
why winge and whine you have a job a good job that pays well just wait your turn like everone else.
if its so bad at BA and you feel you have been hard done by,dont chuck your dummy out of your pram just talk with your feet and move to greener pastures.

beamer
26th Apr 2004, 16:33
As a non- BA pilot - thankyou everybody for such an entertaining rant after what can only be a wind-up by LF - he cannot be real as I believe such characters were weeded out by the lego team-building exercise prior to first interview !

Rather worryingly I did come across a character in another airline who wore a South Atlantic medal on his day-to-day company jacket. Turned out he was a Victor co-pilot - oh well, takes it all sorts.

MaximumPete
26th Apr 2004, 16:40
LF

Perhaps he's the aviation psychologist whom we all love and cannot name?

Maybe, just maybe, all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

MP :bored:

Lord_Flashhart
26th Apr 2004, 17:04
I really didn't expect any less from this place. My own fault I suppose.

As for medals on uniforms, I most certainly do wear my ribbons as do at least 15 other people that I know of in BA.

I find the sideways looks and behind the back sneers are usually from cadets whose most dangerous exploits to date are climbing over the wall at school at night whilst avoiding the patrolling House Master.

LF

L337
26th Apr 2004, 17:09
I have about 12,000 hours flying. No RAF Fast Jet stuff. With 5000 on the 747. So I think that gets me a seat in a Harrier.

I want the conversion course to start tomorrow, and I want all RAF pilots with less flying time than me to make way. NOW.

I do not care that I do not have the skills to be a harrier pilot. Age and flying hours will count instead.

L337

Lord_Flashhart
26th Apr 2004, 17:12
I very much doubt if you would have the ability to fly said aeroplane to a safe, never mind combat, standard. On the other hand I converted to a 744 with my eyes closed.

But then again what would one expect?

LF

L337
26th Apr 2004, 17:19
Indeed. I would expect nothing else.

ROFLMAO.

L337

bafanguy
26th Apr 2004, 17:31
This guy has GOT to be a joke !!! Great sense of humor ( humour ? ). The perpetrator has certainly captured the sense of "entitlement" with which some of our military associates enter the airline business. Good work...whoever you are. You have a future in comedy writing.

Red Snake
26th Apr 2004, 18:32
Come on guys, wake up! It wasn't that long ago. My god, I've just remembered - he even gets the girl in the end!

unwiseowl
26th Apr 2004, 19:33
What LF forgot to mention but which you pathetic civ's should remember is that one airforce hour is worth ten civ hours!

JW411
26th Apr 2004, 19:48
Being serious now; I spent 16 years flying 4-engined transports for the military. I have now completed 24 years of flying 3 or 4-engine transports in civil aviation. I therefore consider that I am in a position to make a reasonable judgement.

Civilian transport flying is an absolute dawdle in my humble opinion.

I would just love to see some of you aces out there put a 4-engined aeroplane full of people down safely in the middle of the boondox at night on a strip surrounded by mountains with no navaids and lit by 5 goosenecks and a torch!

L337
26th Apr 2004, 20:11
We are not worthy, I am not worthy, We are not worthy, etc etc

I see the thread has now moved to "Military pilots are better than civilian pilots."

Oh dear.

FurryDice
26th Apr 2004, 21:21
Ahh, lord-flash. He returns with this years wind-up. Great stuff. But just to put a few things straight... if lord flash wanted a command in his first 7 years, then he could have got one, LHR 320, almost 75 too... Not going to mention LGW. But then again, short haul would be too demeaning for our Lord Flash and his medals, and the school bus wouldn't be real flying would it? So if he has to wait another 25 years for his long haul command (by which time his HMG pension would be paying) then so be it. He knew the terms when he joined...

Well enjoy your time to retirement in the RHS Lord... Unless you are a catet of course:E

unwiseowl
26th Apr 2004, 21:43
JW411 proves my point, and of course that of the great Lord Flashart, perfectly. Such is the skills gap that the left seat should only ever be occupied by Cranwell graduates. The Cadets could be recruited to fill the right seat, permanently.

BahrainLad
26th Apr 2004, 21:55
I find the sideways looks and behind the back sneers are usually from cadets whose most dangerous exploits to date are climbing over the wall at school at night whilst avoiding the patrolling House Master.

Hmmmm......I remember doing that. I also remember a very good friend who ripped his scrotum open on the spikes on the top of the wall.

Memo: wear jeans, not tracksuit bottoms.

vmo
26th Apr 2004, 22:14
The MAN is right.
About time we stuck those direct entry guys back in the right seat!
YEAH!
Or...no, then I have to fly with them stubborn idiot lowtime ex capt's.
Well then...Let's send m to the militairy for their last few years! Teach m how to drink, errr, fly!
Bombs away! Hick!
YEAH!

Danny
26th Apr 2004, 22:23
I'm tempted to start a "Hook, line & sinker" forum just for threads like this. I can't believe how many of you have responded to this blatant trawl. I thought that most of you would have heeded the early warnings that this was a wind up but a few people have gone on to actually argue the point showing that they actually believe that it may be true.

Sad. Very, very sad. :hmm:

mini
26th Apr 2004, 22:28
Nah Danny, makes for great reading, should be a sticky

:E

411A
26th Apr 2004, 22:41
Just goes to show...
Most military guys (from FJ's in this case) have a broom with their name on same to sweep out the hangar floor.
After minimum three years on the job they just might be considered for the position of Second Officer....whose primary responsibility would be to fill out the fight plan enroute, if indeed they are able.
A stretch...at best.:ooh: :E

soddim
26th Apr 2004, 23:22
So much anti-military vitriol - no wonder our forces are shrinking.
Have to train some more cadets.

Coconuts
26th Apr 2004, 23:32
I don't understand why all commercial pilots should have to be military pilots first. The millitary only suits certain types of people, it would be unfair & unrealistic to force everyone who wants to become a commercial pilot down this one avenue to achieve their ambition IMHO.

Coco

cib
27th Apr 2004, 00:11
LF

You were a real arse when you flew for Her Majesty, and I see you haven't changed. You have wasted half of your pathetic life winging.
No wonder BA won't let you lose in charge. I bet no one else is being told the same as you....!!!!!!! Think about it.

Anyway, you need to be able to communicate with other human beings to be a Capt. This is something that you never could do, can't do now and never will be able to do.

Enjoy.

cactusbusdrvr
27th Apr 2004, 00:33
This is great! I've had to take the a/c away from a F/O 3 times in my career due to unsafe flying - 2 were ex military and one was civillian. What does that mean? NOTHING! Stupidity doesn't care if you are an ex airforce acadamy grad or a low time ****** who simply can't fly, it can show up no matter what your experience.

This also reminds me of a flight I had with a brand new F/A in the back of the bus. My F/O was ex eastern, a great guy, a superb pilot and about 20 years older than me. The F/A came up to the flight deck during the flight, looked at my F/O, looked at me, the 'kid' in the left seat and said "why is he in the right seat and you are in the left seat? I thought the captain had 4 stripes and always sat on the left?. I told her "I'm the captain only because I left my last airline first".

B737NG
27th Apr 2004, 03:49
Did I got that straight you was in the RAF? and now you ask
for credit? Who forced you in there? Was it your own decision?
Why did You not join the cadet scheme?

NG

Paracab
27th Apr 2004, 04:28
LF,

Where are you ? No posts from your good self for almost 12 hours ! Come on, please keep it coming, this is making for a hilarious wind up (if you'll kindly excuse the phrase)

Even funnier reading the posts from people taking you seriously, nice one !:ok:

av8boy
27th Apr 2004, 05:41
Hey... what if Danny was LF and he was just trying to teach us something? :eek:

AdrianShaftsworthy
27th Apr 2004, 07:08
Well you did try Danny, you did try!!! Good wind up LF, well worth an ale downroute.

Coconuts
27th Apr 2004, 07:30
I didn't notice Danny's warning when I popped in here briefly last night & posted, if I had I wouldn't have bothered. Couldn't understand what the thread starter was talking through his @ss about to be honest, should have guessed it was a wind up I suppose. :O

Coco

maxy101
27th Apr 2004, 10:09
LF It sounds like a secondment to GSS may be right up your street? An excellent opportunity to demonstrate your prowess to all the "unworthies" currently there? Go for it!

cargo boy
27th Apr 2004, 10:51
I didn't notice Danny's warning when I popped in here briefly last night & posted, if I had I wouldn't have bothered. Couldn't understand what the thread starter was talking through his @ss about to be honest, should have guessed it was a wind up I suppose.

PRVI :rolleyes:

skyclamp
27th Apr 2004, 10:55
FLASHTART,

You don't exist.
Had you existed in what 8 years you would have been sussed, screwed up and chucked in the bin, let alone be given the LHS.

Guys wake on up, he's not real, can't possibly be. People that would have flown with him would have already been posting here giving him away! Had he been real, he'd been whingeing at work too!

Coconuts
27th Apr 2004, 12:26
You got a problem 'cargo boy'? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Coco

northern boy
27th Apr 2004, 12:32
My god Flashart, couldn't agree more. All non-combatants should be flogged to within an inch of their lives then dismissed the industry without compensation to make way for true officers, gentlemen and sons of the empire. wot wot!

jesus, what a w****r :}

Digitalis
27th Apr 2004, 13:13
Unwiseowl wrote:
Such is the skills gap that the left seat should only ever be occupied by Cranwell graduates.

Bug.ger. That's torn it. Bypassed Cranwell; went Henlow to Linton. Probably haven't got adequate OQ's for LF's version of BA. P'raps I should start me own airline, staffed only by Henlow-ites and ex-NCOs.

I guess that even some of us ex-mil types aren't worthy to lick LF's boots. Losing sleep checks? Not required, sah!

NB, me next for flogging??!

JW411
27th Apr 2004, 18:53
I never went near Sleaford Tech either.

I spent a relatively pleasant 4 months at South Cerney - mostly in the wonderful pubs of rural Gloucestershire. I then went on to have 18 years of wonderful flying without even the slightest glimpse of a wooden desk!

I learned a lot and had had a huge amount of fun in the process.

Bounty 53
27th Apr 2004, 21:06
I donīt think itīs a wind up.

I regret to say but Iīve met some people like him......

They exist :bored:

very sad !!! :oh:

ILS 119.5
28th Apr 2004, 00:32
I hope you never sit next to me. You are the typical type of person who my dad used to fly with on the tristar. Late entry, still trying to think that that you are flying for the RAF. People like you were the reason for the introduction of CRM. If you have a problem with the RHS then get out. The aviation world will be better off without you.

max nightstop
28th Apr 2004, 11:20
What splendid fun.

Seriously LF you need to change airline, not to get a command, but to get away from all the people you are forced to fly with who:

a) Can't understand your point of view, which is entirely correct.

b) Have had their senses of humour removed during training/indoctrination.

Who needs cadets who blub at the first sign of a hot crumpet? We need more heroes like you!

Max
LMAO

Finals19
28th Apr 2004, 20:21
Wow LF! What an Officer and a Gentleman you are....

Clearly your RAF training must be where you got your wealth of stunning interpersonal skills - your colleagues must really be in awe of you whenever they have the pleasure of flying with you!

Must be one hell of a come down old chap to have to get into one of those awfully cumbersome boeings and have to work with the minions....how do you cope? I'll keep a look out for you - imagine those white gloves are probably sewn on are they?

We are forever unworthy...:*

FFP
28th Apr 2004, 20:42
Can I make a plea ?

In X years time, when I come to leave the military and apply for jobs with your airlines, for which you will be Cheif Pilots, PLEASE don't tar me / us with the same brush as LF !!!! I'm quite happy to keep the war stories to a minimum / zero, never use the line "We never did it like that in the military", and adopt the position of Junior Boy and see out my time in the RHS before captaincy.

LF. Rule 1 mate. Never bite and let them know you care ;)

Boy_From_Brazil
28th Apr 2004, 21:06
LF

Were you Admin Guru in a previous life in the Military forum?

Drop a hand grenade, then stand back and watch the reaction.

BFB

Wedge
28th Apr 2004, 23:47
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or blatant wind-up merchants, to elicit certain reactions.

LightTwin Driver
29th Apr 2004, 12:46
Old (:ok: ) FlashyFart,
You were on about this a few years back.
Nice to see you've mellowed !!
Must agree with you though.
It's a disgrace that BA haven't given you a command yet.
But I had to wait till I was 39 before getting a LH command,and that was without flying upside down playing silly war games.
Keep up the good work !

G-AWZK
29th Apr 2004, 12:49
Dammit, I thought the only people worthy of command in BA were those that can talk endlessly with stories that begin "Now, when I was on the Trident..."

So you see Lord Flashpants, unless you have flown the Trident you simply are not worthy of a command at BA. Maybe you should consider some time on the Trident sim at Biggin?

PilotsPal
29th Apr 2004, 16:26
This has to be the saddest case of SPS* I've encountered in years. Am very curious as to the size of Lord_Flashhart's watch.

*Small Penis Syndrome

HugMonster
29th Apr 2004, 17:09
Well, I think we've all worked out how come LF hasn't got a command yet...;) :ok:

The Nr Fairy
29th Apr 2004, 17:48
Yup, he can't fit his big watch between him and the left-hand flight deck wall !

bluepilot
27th Nov 2004, 00:03
LF

Good news, direct entry commands are avail at many other airlines, obviously you will be moving to another airline as the totally rediculous seniority system in BA is dangerous to the traveling public and you alike.

Also HRH Liz flight club wants experience back!! so go for it, you could train some more superiors to the civil world.

I wish you luck in your new career!!

A leaving party has been arranged for you in a local phone box!! :O :O