PDA

View Full Version : Is Toronto Airways a Good School?

Trini_Pilot
25th Apr 2004, 03:20
I am currently a student Pilot, I will be completing my PPL soon. I heard about Toronto Airways in Canada, I spoke to them and there rates are pretty reasonable for Comercial, Instrument with Multi- Engine.

Do anyone out there know about this school? If you do would you recommend it?

Please I would really like to get a feedback about the school before I spend my money.:ugh:

Thanks alot for your co-operation guys. :ok:

Fly Ginger
25th Apr 2004, 20:50
i have just returned from two years in Canada, ppl,cpl,mult/ir and instructed for a year. I had very little flying experience before taking the plunge.

i dont want to get into a slanging match, but i would look at all the airports in the greater toronto area (GTA).

i did all my flying at the Durham Flight Centre at the Oshawa municipal airport, 45 min east of the gta. Class D control zone, practice area 5 min north flying time and good area to fly.

They have a web site; www.durhamflightcentre.com

bill hueston is the manager, they even have a freephone number from the uk. 00 800 2497 2497

i had a great time, and i would recommend them to anyone, the exchange rate is very good at the moment

good luck

hibypassratio
28th Apr 2004, 20:28
I know there are some good instructors at TO airways that I know personally. I think they are better than some in the area. You may also want to check out Island Air at TO Island, (416) 203-6242. If you want to do it as full time study at a really professional school, I would recommend Moncton Flight College in the province of New Brunswick. Not as cosmopoliton as TO, but really friendly folks and top notch school. A lot cheaper place to live as well. A few guys from Trinidad were through there in my time there.

MFC:
www.mfc.nb.ca
1-800-760-4632

Talk to Elise McCrum. Tell her Chris in TO says high.

Trini_Pilot
4th May 2004, 02:27
Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for all the information. I check out both schools and looking at who is offering the best package.

Once again Thanks alot.:ok: