PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Nokia mobiles for free!

timmcat
24th Apr 2004, 16:30
Used this (http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html) site and its download to free three phones today of their tie to a UK provider.

Followed the instructions, it worked perfectly.

Don't think anything is illegal (if deemed so, please delete thread mods).

Sharjah Night Shift
24th Apr 2004, 18:01
Just unlocked mine as well.

In my opinion the networks insisting on a payment of £20 for the unlocking code when you have served a year of your contract should be made ilegal. Then again what do you expect when the regulator is only out to screw BT.

spannersatcx
24th Apr 2004, 19:38
If you are still in a contract with your mobile operator, for example you were given the phone at a subsided price with a contract, then you may be in breach of contract by unlocking your phone (as the phone may still be considered their property).

However if it is a pay as you go phone that you have paid for you may not be in breach of contract (with your operator) by nlocking your phone, as the phone may be considered as your property. You should check the terms and conditions of your mobile operator before you unlock your mobile phone.

taken from the disclaimer page of the website!

Wing Commander Fowler
25th Apr 2004, 09:25
Used it too and unlocked my ancient Nokia 3210...... BUT at some cost!! Have just received my first ever piece of spam offering me pen!s enlargement........ Who told 'em??

Be warned - :*

timmcat
25th Apr 2004, 09:45
I would have thought that must be coincidence WCF.. as you are not either a: connected to the internet when carrying out the operation, and b:, no SMS or other transmission is required, then I'm not sure how that could happen. The three I unlocked are working fine after 24 hours with no spurious SMS messages on any of them.

Wing Commander Fowler
26th Apr 2004, 08:35
Tim - my phone was not supported by the first otion program which you could download without registering so I had to use Nokia Flash Reverse Electronic Engineering one which required me to register my email address with them. That may be why you didn't get the "hit" I got??