PDA

View Full Version : SAA stuffs it up .. but the boss "fixes" the problem ..

Gunship
24th Apr 2004, 10:18
From IOL :

Transnet boss Maria Ramos flew to Cape Town on Thursday evening squeezed :E into the cockpit of a South African Airways (SAA) plane - after giving up her seat to a passenger who was stuck without one.

SAA is a Transnet subsidiary, so Ramos is its ultimate number one.

It all began when SAA had computer problems at its booking counters at Johannesburg International Airport on Thursday, leaving flight SAA 367 overbooked.

In business class, an irate passenger found himself without a seat.

The delay was holding up the plane and other passengers were muttering. So Ramos stepped forward and offered the man her seat.

She told cabin crew she would be happy to sit at the back of the plane, but there was no seat available so they found a place for her up front.

"The passenger was quite upset, understandably so, so it was the right thing to do," she said on Friday. "Flyers come first. :uhoh:

That's the message that we need to start infusing more strongly at SAA."

She also thanked a fellow business class passenger who had volunteered to catch a later flight to ease the overbooking.

But was her ride comfortable? :E

"It was great!" :p

B Sousa
24th Apr 2004, 10:52
Shes lucky. I believe riding in the cockpit in the states is limited to "Qualified Crew". Maybe SAA should open up some container space below decks.........

ANVAK
24th Apr 2004, 15:14
Give her her dues, Uncle Bert - Maria was the right hand "man" at the Reserve bank before recently becoming head honcho at Transnet and she's apparently asking al the right (read no b.s., to the point and even embarrassing questions of SAA). Great PR to publicly give up your seat - and ultimately the Captain has final say over who rides the jump seat.

REAL ORCA
24th Apr 2004, 17:24
Have to agree! She is probably the best thing that could have happened to Transnet and SAA. Have a healthy amount of respect for her. If she saves some of my tax money, she can have my jumpseat anyday!!

Goldfish Jack
26th Apr 2004, 05:51
Hey orca

As long as it is just your jumpseat.........!!!

REAL ORCA
27th Apr 2004, 10:13
Yep, me thinks uncle Trevor provides the rest!!!

Goldfish Jack
27th Apr 2004, 19:52
What everything else under your jumpseat or on top of it as applicable!!!

Sies man

IDT
11th Jun 2004, 09:08
This is so typical of SAA, the most useless carrier Africa has ever seen!!

It is high time that somebody takes that entire management team, dumps them, and appoints people that konw what they are doing and take pride in their national airline!!!

SAA is absolutely wrotten to the core - happy flying!