PDA

View Full Version : Wholi's got Flappy in his cellar..

timmcat
23rd Apr 2004, 22:42
.. she aint been seen for two days.

Probably blathered on the vintage Chardonnay..

a is dum
23rd Apr 2004, 22:44
Rather think she's lurking.
Or having an evening off enjoying the family rather than us sad peeps.

Enjoy Flaps! :ok:

redsnail
23rd Apr 2004, 22:48
There's been several rescue attempts but she's resisted all efforts so far. :D

timmcat
23rd Apr 2004, 22:53
and more to the point, while she is down there, he is alone with Ms. Flyblue...

LordGrumpy
23rd Apr 2004, 23:22
I've been in the cellar for weeks, soaking up the atmosphere food and drink, and seen no one: so is this a wicked rumour?

AerBabe
23rd Apr 2004, 23:25
It's not fair! I want to be in his cellar with his whisky collection too. :{

Danny
24th Apr 2004, 01:21
Tough! I got em here all fer meself! :E

flyblue
24th Apr 2004, 01:23
...:{ :O :E

Danny
24th Apr 2004, 01:26
:ooh:

mattpilot
24th Apr 2004, 02:22
:suspect:

Wholigan
24th Apr 2004, 06:48
Just woken up after getting to bed at about 0300 (note the bleedin' time now!!). Checked all rooms, including the cellar, and flaps, flyblue and cleo still in situ, despite Danny's attempts to rescue them and carry them off last night. Me dog is guarding the portcullis against any other attempts tonight in the dark hours.

(Thinks: "I must get the electric fence [that goes round the outside of the moat down to a depth of 60 feet] repaired, because one of my paid informants reported to me last night that Checkboard has bought that soddin' great diggin' thing they built the Chunnel with off e-bay and is even now approaching the whisky cellar from the east, intending to empty me stock of single malts.)

Thinks PS: Must go buy some more paracetemol, cos this don't half hurt right now!!!!!:E

G-ALAN
24th Apr 2004, 09:46
intending to empty me stock of single malts No need to dig a big tunnel, just lock me in there for half an hour and I'll kindly empty your stock of single malts :}

Paterbrat
24th Apr 2004, 12:49
Now a JW Blue may not be a single malt but it is a fair drop. Their green label is a single Malt and that's not too bad either quite apart from being substantialy cheaper.

Sounds like a stellar cellar party to me :\

timmcat
25th Apr 2004, 13:32
Its getting serious now... Danny, Wholi, Flyblue havent posted since the above, and still no sign of Flappy...
Stocks in the cellar must be a tad low by now...

G-ALAN
25th Apr 2004, 13:46
Hmmmm, no one to moderate us! :E

The Invisible Man
25th Apr 2004, 15:25
Do you all think its a case of self moderation at the moment?
It does seem strange doesn't it.

TIC was zeroed again so they must be around..( I hope so) and not working their notice!:{

redsnail
25th Apr 2004, 17:34
Didn't touch the whisky, made a dent in the Gin stocks though. Checkers drank enough whiskey for both of us and a did a pretty evil impersonation of Cu in the kitchen.
:D

Thanks for a great weekend :ok:

Dead_Heading
25th Apr 2004, 22:23
I'm thinking: Flappy has been missing for 2 days now. St Georges day was 2 days away. Dragons and St. George traditions don't mix.....

The Invisible Cat
25th Apr 2004, 22:41
The "Open your eyes" thread has been "MODERATED" today, meaning there is at least one moderator on duty. :suspect:

JB Mods
25th Apr 2004, 23:33
.......... :E ................

JB Mods
26th Apr 2004, 01:03
OOps --- finger trouble has deleted a post from shhhhh - you know who mentioning that shhhhh - you know who has twice as many posts as JB Mods and wondering how long that would last> The answer is ......... not long!!! :E :E :E

The Invisible Cat
26th Apr 2004, 10:40
One was wandering why such a figure.
'twas only to make it to the top ten.
Talk about boasting then ...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wholigan
26th Apr 2004, 12:39
Thassthewun ---- :E

mattpilot
26th Apr 2004, 12:51
at least the "JB Mods" username has some legitimacy now

:ok:

AerBabe
26th Apr 2004, 12:55
As opposed to them all being bas7ards? :}

The Invisible Man
26th Apr 2004, 13:35
AerBabe,

It's a big drop from 3500+ to zero you know..... you really are brave :ok:

timmcat
26th Apr 2004, 13:56
TIM... considering Ms AerBabe's voracity in the bash and fundraising circles, I would think she is quite safe..

Kolibear
26th Apr 2004, 15:24
Shes probably in the cellar too

flyblue
26th Apr 2004, 15:35
...she sure was. She managed to sell me 2 pprune t-shirts, one pin and 3 luggage tags :ooh:

AerBabe
26th Apr 2004, 15:40
Just imagine what I could sell you if I wasn't in the cellar! :=

The Invisible Man
26th Apr 2004, 15:41
flyblue

How does one get into this cellar if one is but a mere nobody?

I have money and influence in high places if that would help.

mattpilot
26th Apr 2004, 15:43
I have money and influence in high places if that would help.

would that be invisible money and your invisible friends?

:E

BlueDiamond
26th Apr 2004, 15:49
You could just walk straight in, TIM ... they won't notice!

Wholigan
28th Apr 2004, 18:10
Proof if proof were needed can be found under "Pictures" "Flappy in the Cellar" here.

:E :E

cleo
28th Apr 2004, 18:20
Poor girls had to consume VAST amounts of alcohol before the tea lady arrived!
:sad: Shocking way to treat guests!

seacue
28th Apr 2004, 18:45
The photos of Ms 40 and Ms Blue makes it appear that they were is a very stressful situation. Do you keep Instruments of Torture in the cellar?

The contrast between these two pics and those in the other series is striking.

SC

Wholigan
28th Apr 2004, 18:46
I haf my vays of making zem beg!

timmcat
29th Apr 2004, 10:22
The photos of Ms 40 and Ms Blue makes it appear that they were is a very stressful situation.
Now, just a min, there is something fundamentally wrong here. Our lovely mods are pictured outside the door of Wholis cellar. Is the dischuffed expression due to the fact that they can't get in?

digidave
29th Apr 2004, 10:30
Good point timmcat,

May be that's one of Wholis "vays" to make them beg?
:confused: dd

Bre901
29th Apr 2004, 10:34
Let's push the analysis of the picture a bit farther, please.
All we see is a door with the word "Cellar" written on it in gothic lettering.
What does it prove ? Could be any door :rolleyes:

Remember Old Willy's wise words :

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players ...

flyblue
29th Apr 2004, 14:49
Bre

the pictures were taken just moments after Wholi pronounced the words " In the cellar, the two of you!!! " :uhoh: :{

Bre901
29th Apr 2004, 15:00
flyblue

Oh, I see. :uhoh:

Would you mind shedding some light on what happened just moments before Wholi pronounced said words ? :confused:

A respectable man like him would need some really serious reasons to utter such phrases, wouldn't he ?

Wholigan
29th Apr 2004, 15:43
What happened was I offered them both coffee and they literally threw the offer back in my face. It reeeelly reeeelly hurt and I cried.

Bre901
29th Apr 2004, 16:03
Must have been painfull indeed

However, what kind of coffee was that, was it English coffee or real proper coffee ?

I guess that given her origins and whereabouts Ms flyblue would feel offended if offered something having nothing but the name in common with "ristretto con spuma". :rolleyes:
And maybe the smouldering dragon has developped similar tastes under the influence of her friend. I've even heard that espresso has arrived in some places in Cloggyland.

Not trying to defend anyone here, just trying to understand.

a is dum
29th Apr 2004, 16:12
Mr. Bre! :*

"has developped similar tastes under the influence of her friend"

I let you know that the proud, but sunken flat country boasts a fiersome reputation of very tasty coffee products. The famous Van Nelle and Douwe Egberts themselves roasted the sh1t out of the beans imported from all the overseas 'associate Kingdoms' by our Oost Indische Companie.

Your famous "Grand Mère" can hardly be called "coffee" in my opinion. :yuk:

"just trying to understand."????............my @rse, Sir!

So there!

Bre901
29th Apr 2004, 16:19
a is dum

You are the one who is talking about French coffee here. :rolleyes:
Read my post carefully, prego

a is dum
29th Apr 2004, 16:24
I know you french types, a quick swipe at smaller countries when no-one is looking and then claiming you were adressing the Italians.
Well, I don't fall for that, Sir!

""I've even heard that espresso has arrived in some places in Cloggyland.""

Bre901
29th Apr 2004, 21:48
Did I strike something here ?
No one from the involved parties has replied :suspect: :suspect:

a is dum :

your current position might induce some smiles from the (rare) French speakers prooning on JB.
Someone might think that you have strange uses for coffee. :yuk:
Maybe you spent too much time on T.I.M.'s thread :p

Or maybe you made that typo on purpose and I just got caught :oh: :O :confused:

flyblue
29th Apr 2004, 23:43
Easy, the two of you!
Monsieur Bre, moi don't drink coffee (only tea!) :( don't smoke :sad: and got myself an headache trying to figure out what all the fuss was about whisky :{ (must ask Dubs what kind of whisky it was that we shared the other day though...that wasn't bad at all :E )

PPRuNe Radar
30th Apr 2004, 02:11
Flyblue

It was one of Wholigans special ones ... an Arran Malt (probably Founders Reserve Malt but sure he can give the exact specification if he is able to read the label yet :E )

Distilled on a beautiful island only about 12 miles straight across the sea from my house. Sometimes I just look across the sea and sniff it :ok: Of course, as a SuperMod I could just walk across the water and pick up a case of the stuff ... but you know how the locals gossip about such things :rolleyes: ;)

Island of Arran (http://www.jetblasters.com/albums/album25/022_20.sized.jpg)

Wholigan
30th Apr 2004, 06:36
And they'd probably start calling you Brian too.

FOLLOWERS:
Show us the Messiah! The Messiah! The Messiah! Show us the Messiah!
MANDY:
Now, you listen here! He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, go away!
FOLLOWERS:
Who are you?!
MANDY:
I'm his mother. That's who.
FOLLOWERS:
Behold His mother! Behold His mother! Hail to thee, mother of Brian! Blessed art thou, Hosanna! All praise to thee, now and always!
MANDY:
Ohhh, now, don't think you can get around me like that. He's not coming out, and that's my final word. Now, shove off!

Bre901
30th Apr 2004, 09:03
flyblue

take it easy, this story had been so much publicised that the JetBlasters had a right to know why you refused Wholigan's coffee.

Now we know
Case closed, M'lud.

BTW, nothing to be ashamed of or sad about not smoking and not drinking coffee, or even whisky (more left for the others). :ok: