PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

AeroSpark
23rd Apr 2004, 18:08
The family pet was put to sleep this morning. He was a small tan coloured hamster. We bought him as a pet for our children but both fell in love with the little fella. Unfortunately he developed a tumour which steadily took hold of him. I really hope weve done the right thing, although he didn't seem to be in pain he was losing weight due to the cancer and the vet said it would be the kindest course of action, given that he was twenty months old. Still didn't make it any easier to explain to my 5 year old son why his hamster wasn't coming home from the vets:{
RIP Shaggy.

peb
23rd Apr 2004, 18:19
Just buy a similar one. He may dont find out!:confused:

Miserlou
23rd Apr 2004, 18:21
We just got our cat back from the crematorium today. As you say, a sad day.

The wife had had him for 5 years before I came on the scene. The children, though, have taken it well. They prefer to think of him not having to suffer than the fact that he's dead.

Condolences to you all the same.

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 18:29
People have lead me to believe that somewhere exists a wonderful valley leading on to a bridge. In this valley are all the creatures with whom we have shared the Earth. Where they live together in peace and harmony. Only awaiting the day that a familiar figure appears on their way across the bridge. Or even just someone who needs a little company. I'm sure my Blackie will be keeping a friendly eye on Shaggy, together with a certain man-eating leopard from Rudiprayag unless Jim Corbett already passed that way... :{ :sad: :)

Grainger
23rd Apr 2004, 18:43
Hey airship.

The place is called the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm).

Sparky, I hope the poem may help.

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 18:49
Thank you for Rainbow Bridge. That was what I had in mind. But what about all the other creatures who had not had the chance to experience a friendly human touch? I would like to think that they too, are there and ready to give us another chance... :sad:

IB4138
23rd Apr 2004, 19:28
This is a continuance from another thread, bit topical.

Unfortunately the little Yorkie was recaptured by the evil ones and has vanished of the face of the earth within a week. I now find out that my neighbours previous "pet" Jack Russell departed this world after strangulation by the 5 year old son of the delinquents next door. The parrot was probably the subject of a pie!

However I've adopted a 2 year old dashund/pomerainian cross called Moly, who was dumped 4 months ago. She's bril!

Life goes on and I'm happy to give this soldier a home

There are many more out there people.

AeroSpark
23rd Apr 2004, 22:52
Thanks for all your kind words, especially Airship and Grainger, the Rainbow Bridge story is probably just what the lad needs to hear.