PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

G-ALAN
23rd Apr 2004, 18:02
Isn't it great?! I've just drunk four satches and I'm as high as a bloody kite! Why have I only just discovered this little gem today?! I never drink coffee or tea for that matter as I hate the foul taste but I found the sachets at the back of a kitchen cupboard and decided to put them all in the same cup and drink them (out of scientific curiosity of course :}) Now I know what all the hype is about this stuff, bloody brilliant! (and it's legal to drink it at work) :}

Ozzy
23rd Apr 2004, 18:14
An addict in the making!! I have been off drinking the coffee for over three years now....I take one day at a time :)

Ozzy

spork
23rd Apr 2004, 18:37
An addict in the making!!What grounds have you for saying that?

IB4138
23rd Apr 2004, 18:39
Found a new one in the supermercado this morning...
Nescafe Cacao+ Cafe Mix...
Now that sounds adictive!.....
so I bought some.

G-ALAN
23rd Apr 2004, 18:49
It's only my first time.... I won't become addicted, honestly, I know I can control it..... well I can... if I want...... yeah I can give up whenever I want. Erm I'm begining to get a shakey hand, is this bad? :hmm:

Firestorm
23rd Apr 2004, 19:02
Depends what you do with that shaky hand G-ALAN ;)

peb
23rd Apr 2004, 19:17
Usualy the coffee that you make in UK is "dirty water" but it is changing for good. Now you can find many expresso machines. I use to have 2 proper coffees every day until I went to England a few years ago and I try a few times to try that coffe but I wasnt able to drink it. And there wasnt too many expresso machines around by that time.

A nice coffee is the solo one that you so thick that you can leave a spon on the top with out sinking.

The Invisible Man
23rd Apr 2004, 19:19
Erm I'm begining to get a shakey hand, is this bad?

Just enjoy:E :E :E

Oh hell Carn come back please :{

I think I'm about to metamorphorsize. (sp)? into the said Gentleman..no ..no...no

cumulus
23rd Apr 2004, 20:04
Congratulations on your first caffeine rush.
:ok:

But I must say, coffee is best when taken with a large bowl of All-Bran, brings the flavour out, somehow....:E

Grainger
23rd Apr 2004, 20:21
I got fed up with the tiny little cups from my Espresso machine, so one morning I made a whole mugful of espresso-strength coffee.

woooo it was great but for some reason I felt really peculiar for the rest of the day . . . :\

tony draper
23rd Apr 2004, 20:26
Don't drink to much of it late at night G-A, or you will join the rest of us coffeeholics watching the Open University programs at 4 am, or looking at the cracks in the bedroom ceiling.
:rolleyes:

peb
23rd Apr 2004, 20:27
Becareful with the amount that you drink because you may have an big toilet emegency a few hours later. :ugh:

redsnail
23rd Apr 2004, 22:17
Captain Airclues is rather fond of a good coffee. :E

a is dum
23rd Apr 2004, 22:29
You must have been reading the Red Bull article today on BBC?
Guy crashed his car "under the influence" of 3 cans of the stuff.
Mediacl bods trying to get warnings published.
Red Bull and the likes contains lots of caffiene.

NinjaBill
23rd Apr 2004, 22:41
you can go out on the piss, drink 6 or 7 cans of redbull instead of beer, and feel totally hyper/pissed, go clubbing, then drive your car home totally legally. Its cool, except the 5 hour wait in between getting home and getting to sleep

SquawkModeA
23rd Apr 2004, 22:44
Ah, isn't it a lovely drink.

But...

Renewed my medical this week. The doctor was checking up my stomach when she asked, out of the blue, if I drank a lot of coffee. "Ehmm...well", I replied. All was fine at this time but apparently I was drinking enough to risk stomach problems.

Problem is the terrible headaches I get when trying to quit it, and the urges to taste and smell it. All I've managed so far is to switch the late-night cup from coffee to tea...might help with the sleep as well.

Should never have had that first cup...;)

mattpilot
23rd Apr 2004, 22:44
I just recently started going to the starbucks every day. Those people there got me addicted to the Coffee frapuchino .... great tasting stuff.

Actually, i go there everyday because of the good looking lady behind the counter, but she doesn't know that yet :ok:

Hansard
23rd Apr 2004, 23:29
Coffee - one of my all-time favourite things! Limit myself to three big mugs a day of strong filter coffee with skimmed milk. As an occasional treat, a strong expresso (in a proper sized mini china cup and saucer) with a cigarette - best in a Parisian street cafe, but evocative wherever it's taken. Coffee and chocolate - another inspirational combination. To make the best of instant coffee (buy a decent brand) put cold milk in the mug first with the coffee and add the boiling water.

G-ALAN
23rd Apr 2004, 23:32
Well thankyou all JB's for advice on how to cope with my first erm.. coffee buzz, 'tis an important time in a mans life :} (as it looks like I'll be drinking it for the next 50 odd years heh heh)

P.S. I took full advantage of the shakey hand by reaching for,knocking over and shattering a pint glass of Stella :{

IB4138
24th Apr 2004, 06:53
G-ALAN

This is a serious admission on your part.
It will have to be reported to the authorities.

Smashing a bottle of Stella whilst under the influence of coffee!You could be banned from drinking BOTH alcohol and coffee for up to 2 years for this first offence and be only allowed into bars with sawdust on the floor.

If you send me a case of the MGD I will keep quiet about this little misdemeanour of yours, No one else need know.:E :ok:

Black Fly
24th Apr 2004, 06:57
Your problem is that you have a female doctor. Drink your coffee like a man and forget what the little lady says. God Bless the United States of America and that there Queen of yours.

EDDNHopper
24th Apr 2004, 08:05
Black coffee and dark chocolate - a great combination after a good meal.

A friend of mine (from a rather remote place on earth) once claimed he couldnīt drink coffee after 5 p.m. because "it then makes me feel like wanting to make love to a woman". I never noticed this...
Thatīs because I always feel like wanting to make love to a woman :E

--x--x-O-x--x--
24th Apr 2004, 09:22
Black coffee and dark chocolate - a great combination after a good meal.

A great combination any time!

Short black, please.

:ok:

G-ALAN
24th Apr 2004, 09:35
IB4138
You drink MGD? That in itself is also a punishable offence, if you send me a case of Stella and a case of nescafe I shall keep hush and tell no one.

Nah, G-ALAN isn't a chocolate fan at all (yer gonna have the ladies and the chocoholics howling for my blood in a minute) unless of course it's those Thornton's chocolates. I ate a whole double decker box of them in an hour at Christmas time I did. I couldn't move for 3 days afterwards.

A friend of mine (from a rather remote place on earth) once claimed he couldnīt drink coffee after 5 p.m. because "it then makes me feel like wanting to make love to a woman". I never noticed this...

Hmm this is strange indeed, I felt it had the opposite effect on me. I think yesterday for the first time since I was 13 I wasn't interested in the t!ts on TV :hmm:

I have a headache thismorning, I think it's about time for a first cup of coffee :}

P.S. Can some kind soul please tell me are the words coffee, time, chocolate and various other words in this post appearing as links? I think there's something wrong with my puter, these words keep appearing as links on my screen and they take me to a site called netsearch

DBChopper
24th Apr 2004, 13:29
Actually, I prefer tea.

I'll get me coat...

:\

IB4138
24th Apr 2004, 14:14
G-ALAN

I'm drinking MGD cause it's cheaper than San Miguel, Mahou and all other Spanish beers at the moment, where I drink. Fosters is also cheaper.:ok:

Jerricho
24th Apr 2004, 16:37
Unfortunately, do to several evenings of Vodka and Redbull consumption, combined with the silly amount of coffee I used to drink, I now have an serious allergic reaction to caffiene.

Ever had a UTI? It sucks.

ssultana
24th Apr 2004, 17:27
the best laxative i know too. One cup of espresso in the morning and then straight to the loo.

Black Fly
24th Apr 2004, 18:04
Coffee, Redbull and Vodka. Now there's a great combination! Of course Redbull and Vodka goes with just about everything.

God Bless America, the Queen, and Tony Blair!

BahrainLad
24th Apr 2004, 18:17
Well last night saw me entirely mortalled and then walking back from the nightclub (mild weather, kebab to keep me company) so this morning was on a coffee-mission.

4 double espressos later after sitting in the sun all morning and I feel slightly peculiar.....

(and my signature on the credit card chitty looked a bit wierd!)

Boss Raptor
24th Apr 2004, 22:53
Forget the rubbish we call coffee in the UK...

Have 2 or more of continental coffee i.e. France, Spain, Italy etc. then you ar looking at a very serious and very unannounced bottom explosion as indicated by TD - you know a 'pebble dash' job

Best coffee I ever had was this stuff I bought in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, office was swimming for hours after

Duckbutt
25th Apr 2004, 10:37
I love a couple of cups of expresso to start the day, especially sat out on the patio having my breakfast on a glorious morning like today. Before the croissants and bramble jelly I start off with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice which I use to wash down my Frusemide tablets, then..................

Er excuse me I have to leave the room.