PDA

View Full Version : New Party?

Rugz
23rd Apr 2004, 11:38
The next General Election is not far off now, and there are one or two people not overly impressed with the current government or the alternatives currently on offer.

Could there be a solution to this dilema...?

We here on Pprune come from many backgrounds and have a wide range of skills and experience, so it's time to form the Pprune Political Party!

Time for some fun , eh? :)

All we need to work out is who do we have as our government ministers and what would our policies be?

First off, what departments and major roles are there in government that we need to cover:

1. Party Leader
2. Deputy Party Leader
3. Chancellor
4. Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
5. Secretary of State for the Home Department
6. Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
7. Secretary of State for Transport and Secretary of State for Scotland
8. Secretary of State for Health
9. Secretary of State for Defence
10.Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
11.Secretary of State for Trade and Industry and Minister for Women
12.Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
13.Secretary of State for Education and Skills
14.Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs
15.Secretary of State for International Development
16.Chief Whip

So, who does what? Nominations and offers please :E

I shall myself have a think over lunch, however I think there may be one or two votes for Flappy to take up the position of Chief Whip :E I can imagine it now....pink leather....whip... :E

Wonder if Drapes would be interested in being the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport....

The Invisible Man
23rd Apr 2004, 11:41
Party Leader has to be

no reds........absolutely barkin!!! (no offence)

Can I be Secretary of State for Inland Waterways please?

Big Tudor
23rd Apr 2004, 11:43
1. Gotta be Danny ;)
2. Pprune POP
3. Sick Squid.
4. Flyblue

7. Flypuppy

9. BEagle

11. Aerbabe

13. Anthony Carn (If anyone can find him).
14. Davaar

16. Flaps.
17. Lord Chancellor = Unwell Raptor

The Invisible Cat
23rd Apr 2004, 11:45
T.I.M.
no reds is no PPruner anymore, so can he run ?

Rugz
One would have thunk that Drapes might prefer " Secretary of State for Transport and Secretary of State for Scotland" :} :}

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 11:49
I second the motion of Flaps as Chief Whip. Pink should appeal to at least 5% of the electorate... :O

Jerricho
23rd Apr 2004, 11:50
Drapes for Sec Defence.

With his friends Mr Colt, Mr Smith and Mr Wesson.

OneWorld22
23rd Apr 2004, 11:51
I can think of a New York lady who would be perfect as Minister for Propoganda.

Ozzy
23rd Apr 2004, 12:03
BillHicksRules 9. Secretary of State for Defence
Grandpa! 15.Secretary of State for International Development

:E :E :E

Ozzy

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 12:14
M. Bre901 as Foreign Secretary (we would have to grant him British citizenship first though...) :D

timmcat
23rd Apr 2004, 12:15
1: Drapes
2: Ric Capucho
3: Stockpicker or Angels
4: Danny or Coconuts

6: Me
7: Grainger
8: DX Wombat

11: Reddo
12: Newswatcher

14: Airship
15: BillHicksRules
16: Can only be the flapster.

angels
23rd Apr 2004, 12:29
timm - most kind of you to nominate me as Chancellor, but Ms. Picker is the obvious one. She's steady, level-headed, not allowed to short anything, doesn't get involved in puts/options/carry trades/free holidays......

But then she probably doesn't know that Slovak forex reserves have fallen to $12.046 billion form $12.103 billion last week!

Ms picker. When you accept the job, PLEASE don't do a Welteke!!!

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 12:47
timmcat, I must take issue with your proposal to nominate me as "Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs". I am so easily bored. Once I have recommended to the British public that "a Scotch before lunch and a cognac after", "2 pints after work", "a pastis before dinner together with a Bordeaux during" and "several tots of your favourite tipple when prooning" is good for their constitutions, what will there be left for me to do? I shall probably end up chasing the secretaries up and down the corridors of Whitehall...and would that have changed anything?! ;)

Capt.KAOS
23rd Apr 2004, 13:04
#14: without doubt: ORAC

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 15:42
If I may be so bold, may I be considered for the new post of "Minister for Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness"? I promise that I won't take the "for Life" bit too literally. I may have some East African genes in me as we all do but....?! :E

Stockpicker
23rd Apr 2004, 15:52
Thanks for the tip re: Slovak reserves, angels , I'll try and think of a way to incorporate it into my UK asset allocation! I would be honoured to accept the post of Chancellor of the Pprune party, and rest assured, we usually refer to corporate hospitality as "corporate hostility" and give it a pretty wide berth most of the time!

Gainesy
23rd Apr 2004, 15:58
Wassall this namby-pamby Sec State for Defence then?

I volunteer to be Sec State for Attack. Right order some more Vulcans & lets rock & roll.:E

airship
23rd Apr 2004, 16:04
Quick someone, give Gainesy an office and secretary (watcher) and get the Airfix models out. Phew, that was close...! :rolleyes:

OneWorld22
23rd Apr 2004, 16:09
Vulcans????? May as well go on the attack with peashooters!

Ric Capucho
3rd May 2004, 20:54
Can I be chief whip?

Ric

tony draper
3rd May 2004, 21:32
Hmmm Draper as Dictator, twould of course fulfill the ancient prophecy,
"And the angel broke the seventh seal"
:uhoh:

Them as dies will be the lucky ones

:E