PDA

View Full Version : Oxford A. T.

rhmaddever
23rd Apr 2004, 11:03
Hi,

Has anyone completed the testing for entry into Oxford Aviation Training. What was it like? What sort of things are asked/tested?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Richard

wobblyprop
23rd Apr 2004, 13:55
Are you ready to hand over an outrageously large sum of money,
Yes or No? :E

martin_EGTK
23rd Apr 2004, 18:26
Yep, I took my selection in September last year and got in. Started in Jan this year and loving it so far, despite and incredible amount of work!

Stage 1 is made up of around 8 tests centred around hand-eye coordination, multi-tasking, basic maths etc. There is also a seperate physics test and personality test.

Stage 2 consists of a morning of team building excercises and group discussion on any range of issues just to see how you work with others. In the afternoon you have an interview with two industry experts.

Stage 3 is a very basic sim check on a Seneca sim which tests your ability to follow instructions and your ability to multi-task.

Best of luck with the selection. What date are you due down here?

Martin

John Green
25th Apr 2004, 22:02
well i started in Febuary, and ive loved aviation for years, and since ive started it is just fabulous, its dam hard but if its what you want then youll enjoy it to. as for the selection MARTIN_EGTK has got it nailed on the head. its not really that difficuly, although i know of someone who is to say the least rather wealthy and failed selection and now is bitter and twisted towards Oxford because `They should still take me on, because i have the money in cash` Idiot!
Oxford is great for a aviation lover thought. i would highly recomend it

rhmaddever
26th Apr 2004, 08:05
Thanks for help so far...

I am not looking to begin any form of testing until september or later.

Is it as simple as applying and begining testing a few weeks / days later?

I am prepaired to pay the sum in answer to first reply.

Thanks for the help

Richard

martin_EGTK
26th Apr 2004, 09:02
When I did my selection I applied in mid-August and then was sent a pack with a list of available selection dates for the coming three months. I ended up doing phase one on the 1st of September and then the second and third phase on the 17th and 18th. But you can take all three stages in one week or spread them out, all they ask is that you do stage 2 and 3 one after the other over two days.

coolpilot
28th Apr 2004, 14:51
"hand-eye coordination, multi-tasking, basic maths etc. There is also a seperate physics test and personality test.
Stage 2 consists of a morning of team building excercises and group discussion on any range of issues just to see how you work with others. In the afternoon you have an interview "

Martin_EGTK,
I'm booked in for June 14th for the compass test. Is there anything you could suggest to revise or prepare for the coordination and multi task parts? Was there a mental arithmetic test, and how difficut was it? (I went to a bmi interview day for a customer service job in February and the questions were dead simple, things like 23 x 7 - 5 = ? etc) Also, what did the team building exercises consist of?

I imagine the multi tasking is similar to what you do on a normal flight...thinking of ppl level