PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair requirement for SO

Kerropi
23rd Apr 2004, 09:41
Hello,

Just read on www.ppjn.com that the requirement for pilot entry with dragon air is lowered. Does anyone have more information?

SO:
300 hours, Frozen ATPL, requiring Hong Kong residency.

K.

Dan Winterland
25th Apr 2004, 18:50
I think you have answered your own question - the 'requiring HK residency' is a clue. If you are not a HK ID holder, you are looking at the ex-pat recruitment criteria of 4000 hrs with 1000 TP or 500 Jet and an ATPL acceptable to the HK Civil Aviation Department.

SO and Cadet entry to Dragonair is restricted to Hong Kong nationals entering on local terms.

a36pilot
25th Apr 2004, 19:38
Do they really have Direct entry S/O position? I've searched everywhere (except for the site you mentioned) but couldn't find it anywhere. I'm just checking...

a36pilot

Fly747
26th Apr 2004, 12:21
Papee, Dragon is a proper airline, if they want you they type rate without a bond. If you have the hours (5000) then command is 18 months to 2yrs but with the current rate of expansion this may reduce to 5 minutes.

smallwing
29th Apr 2004, 03:02
Dragonair direct SO position has always been left for low time pilots, who are actually HK resident and possibly mainly Chinese. The current ones recruited are all chinese.

They have already started recruiting DE SO for this year and I think any further application may be put off for next year.

This is a really good opportunity for those HK residents who went out to get a license of their own, but not the chance to build enough time. Most of the guys do have more than 500 hours before joining, and as a SO, you fly RHS iso CX SO.

Hope it can help to clarify the position.