View Full Version : Out of the fire

Phil Brockwell
23rd Apr 2004, 09:31
Turning a rather infantile thread into a more serious one. What do Cabin Crew do after they leave? Do you all want to stay in aviation?

That was supposed to be under the Unhappy crews thread

exmax
23rd Apr 2004, 10:01
I can only answer for myself because every ex-cabin crew go on to pursue a multitude of careers for whatever reason.

I left flying in the UK after a long time to join my partner here in Australia, I don't fly at the moment, whether I want to again or not is something I can't answer at the moment. Since I've been out of the industry I've done office work, worked in a cafe and worked as concierge. Cabin crew have very transferrable skills and it's great to have the confidence to know that one can do something else after aviation.

Personally, I'd like to remain in the travel & tourism industry, it's what I'm good at and present personal circumstances prevent me from exploring very possible opportunities within that field at present. I was happy to leave being crew but if it weren't for my partner, I would still be doing it - my choice and I'm happy with that, very.:ok:

redfred
23rd Apr 2004, 14:34
gonna be a copper