PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

_spanky_
22nd Apr 2004, 20:04
Or, as Britney subliminally tells me on the radio every day, don't you know that your dog's sick?

Recently I have noticed that my faithful hound has been leaving huge scorch marks on the lawn in place of the usual bushy overgrowth that tradionally results from such calls of nature. Should I be concerned?

The Invisible Man
22nd Apr 2004, 20:12
I've got some scorch marks on my bushy overgrowth but I think it may be a different problem.:uhoh:

Carnsie come back I cant keep this up !!!

Bre901
22nd Apr 2004, 20:16
There is a very funny pun in French with concerné (=concerned). :p :p
But it cannot be translated to English without losing the salt :(

LordGrumpy
22nd Apr 2004, 20:27
But it cannot be translated to English without losing the salt

Then why did you bother:wasting Danny's bandwidth: a better use of your time would have been opening another bottle.

Bre901
22nd Apr 2004, 20:30
Your Grumpiness

If I delete my post right now, will you do the same ?

_spanky_
22nd Apr 2004, 20:48
Gentleman, gentleman, this is all very well but what about my pedigree dog? This isn't some mutt, its got papers. Complete with cataracts, hip problems and slight mental retardation that can only come from quality inbreeding and documented lineage

TIM - don't worry, it'll pass along with the itching

takenthe5thamendment
22nd Apr 2004, 21:31
It would appear that your dog's urine is too concentrated thereby causing the plants to die by continually marking his spot.

An extremely interesting subject that has, in fact, been researched by Purdue University Veterinary of Indiana (http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/turf/dog_lawn_problems.html)

The Invisible Man
22nd Apr 2004, 21:41
Hi TT5thA,

I have just read the research, very interesting.

I now know why my underpants have holes in 'em

:ugh:

( Was that the only pic you took at the Bash or are there others?)

av8boy
22nd Apr 2004, 21:53
The aforementioned document suggests, among other things, encouraging Fido to use a particular area of the lawn for “elimination.” But how to coax him to that particular area? Among the suggestions:

Collecting the dog’s urine in a cup and using it in this area for several days can provide some odor attractant value to this area.

Sounds so easy when they say it like that… “Oh yeah. All you’ve got to do is collect some of your dogs’ (or, for you single-pup homes, dog’s) urine in a cup…” I feel as though any methodology I could come up with to accomplish this task would ultimately introduce more than a little tension into the dog/human relationship around my house. Not to mention the ridicule of my neighbors… Anybody have any ideas about how to go about this in a way that doesn’t end up with the dog looking at me with the “you’re a freaking moron” look in her eyes?:suspect:

Edited to say, "300 posts at last!" :D

takenthe5thamendment
22nd Apr 2004, 22:16
Hullo TIM,

Sorry to hear about your underpants! :D
( Was that the only pic you took at the Bash or are there others?)
The rude pics will be posted soon! ;)

av8boy,
Oh how your post made me laugh........appears to me to be an impossible task.

Thank goodness I have cats, at least they dig a hole! :)

_spanky_
22nd Apr 2004, 23:38
I knew asking on a pilot BB would be the most sensible thing to do. Now I can be a smug b*stard all day, cheers :ok:

Fear not, if you have the skills of Macgyver you can cunningly construct one of these (http://www.asah.net/collecting_urine_dog.htm)

Note the mutant squirrel in the topleft corner, playing with the dog....