PDA

View Full Version : Coventry Airport first look

volrider
22nd Apr 2004, 18:25
I went to the much mentioned and wrongly maligned CVT today to collect a couple of relatives from Majorca. I must admit I was one of those who threw my hat into the ring with the view that it was an airport too far!
I now eat that hat.... I was impressed with the facilities superb cafe serving good quality food and tea at a decent price, parking no problem...just stick it out on the road then drive in to collect your passegers, cant get easier than that.
Clean and modern buildings even if they are temporary.
But what was the star of the show was the superb service you get, from the excellent and numerous security staff to the smiling and helpful girls in the cafe, first rate.
My impression is this, clean great athmosphere and very good facilities. I will be boooking to fly from here in the near future.
I am flying out of BHX in the morning and I know for a fact that I will be in the hussle and bussle of a major airport, with the endless que's the wait for an hour for my bags on return:ugh: Oh and the people I was picking up at CVT were out within 10 mins of the aircraft parking up!
So Skypartner thanks for spending some time talking to me about Coventry. I didnt even miss my "hotdog";) I am sure this is a winner and some of the "big" boys would do themseves a favour by popping round to see how its done witha smile:ok: