PDA

View Full Version : Interested party!

shandyman
22nd Apr 2004, 18:05
Hi there
Just logged on to get some advice from any ops people or flight dispatch personnel.
I am currently in the RAF with a background as an Asst Air Trafficker but for the last 10 years rear seat non-commisioned aircrew. I still have 4 yrs left to serve and would like to begin working towards a future career in the ops/flight dispatch world.
Does anyone know of any courses I can enroll on now to make my transition easier in the future? Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

VP8
23rd Apr 2004, 18:40
Shandy

Being ex TG9 meself, get as much retraining as you can, a flight dispatchers course can be useful, have a search on here for some inteersting tales on resettlement from Her Majesties Flying Club.....There are a few of us around

VEEPS :ok:

shandyman
23rd Apr 2004, 20:11
Veeps
You missing the old trade? Any nice places whilst you were in?
Thanks for replying and I have always been interested in a flight dispatchers ccourse but have no idea where to look! Will take any advice you have to offer. Thanks again

VP8
24th Apr 2004, 18:46
Missing it .....not one bit got out in the options for change era...don't miss the extra duties days off are mine to with as I like!!

Did the usual places Wattsham, Finningley (royal review) Donna and Cowden AWR's numerous Falklands, Germany x 3 Gibraltar

Miss the camraderie and banter though

VEEPS :ok: