PDA

View Full Version : How busy are L.E.A King Airs?

baby hormones
22nd Apr 2004, 15:00
Hiya,

Does anyone who may be in the corporate market know how busy LEA's king airs and what kind of jobs they get.

Many Thanks

Baby

Daifly
22nd Apr 2004, 18:29
Specifically for LEA I can't answer, but in general the King Air market's not as good as it once was.

Most charter passengers want jets these days and Citation II's are priced in a way that makes the King Air not that attractive.

That said, for Ambulance work and short hops, they are still excellent, economic aircraft - and a design which, I believe, celebrates its 40th birthday this year.

DROGNA
22nd Apr 2004, 20:51
LEA's King Air's seem to hold their own and are fairly busy. As Daifly says, the turbo-prop market is slowing down a little these days and now there's a new kid on the block in the form of the P180 Avanti, the King Air is starting to look a bit long in the tooth.

His dudeness
23rd Apr 2004, 08:12
more likely 30th birthday...for the 200/B200...

Its a pity, but Raytheon / Beech are guilty of not upgrading more or less for decades.
The new, Proline 21 Cockpit looks fancy, but who will care ? Those in the back donīt care...They are looking for CHEAP operating costs - the KingAirs are just outdated.

I love that aeroplane (4000 hrs on type), but its will be out of the Europeen market within a few years. Numbers have already dropped significantly.

Miles Magister
23rd Apr 2004, 21:24
LEA are a good bunch of guys. They are doing OK. The King air beats the CII for air ambulance work but the CI/CII/ Bravo beat it hands down fo rcommuter work.

It is true that King Airs are loosing out to entry level jets at the moment for one hop trips but they will always have a place where you need a tech stop.

baby hormones
26th Apr 2004, 16:09
Thanks for your replies guys, I was just trying to get some info on how busy the 2 at stapleford are and what sort of trips they usually get.

Out of interest, does anybody on here fly for them?

Many thanks

baby

Sheep Guts
27th Apr 2004, 13:48
It is approaching the King Airs 40th Birthday. 1964 was the year things got going with the A90.

Sheep

Daifly
27th Apr 2004, 20:11
Yeah, I thought so. I got some blurb through the other week about it.

Happy Birthday King Air!

AlanM
30th Apr 2004, 05:35
We get the odd one or two in and out of LCY - but not on a daily basis. Quite a few seen around on the tube - we get a fair amount in and out of London Lambourne International.

Phil Brockwell
30th Apr 2004, 10:20
Don't know what the Lonex aircraft are doing, ours is a '97 and soes about 600 hours a year. The VIP market has moved away from the Kingair, but there are other markets, medivac, transplant teams, aircrew movements TRTO etc, plenty to keep a couple of Kingairs paying their finance costs.

Phil

baby hormones
1st May 2004, 19:01
hiya,

Just for information Phil, do you operate yours as single crew. spoke to a guy at centreline on the phone was very helpful, but was not too sure about it.

Many Thanks

baby

Phil Brockwell
4th May 2004, 07:46
The AOC allows single crew, but always operate with a PA / FO,

Phil

richterscale10
11th May 2004, 09:21
baby hormones - dont go there!

baby hormones
11th May 2004, 12:50
Richter i have PMed you.