PDA

View Full Version : job for low timers

LuiSenna
22nd Apr 2004, 12:48
Hi could anyone help me in this issue?
i´m trying to get a job in Africa, i have 320 TT on the following aircraft (C150/152/172 ; PA38 ; M20J ; Be76 and Piper Seneca)
i also would like to know some infos regarding:

-visa for europeans
-typical low timer jobs
-companys to contact
--salaries and living costs

That's a whole bunch of questions, but every bit of usefull information is highly appreciated.

If anyone like to contact me by personal email : [email protected]

Thanks in advance

LuiSenna

Panama Jack
22nd Apr 2004, 20:15
Africa is in the Eastern Hemisphere-- like Portugal. Latin America and Caribbean is in the Western Hemisphere (America). Try posting your question on the Africa forum. :)

dickon
25th Apr 2004, 20:10
Let me know if I'm wrong but I thjink this is the African forum!

I am very interested in exactly the same answers and have pretty similar TT.

Someone must know something out there!?!:hmm:

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
27th Apr 2004, 18:03
Hello guys.

I guess this topic is among one of the most popular ones. You might do some posts research, you'll definitely get some answers to your query..

Anyway, to be short.....If you have low hours and wanna try your lucky in Africa, well, congratulations! That's the first step.

When I first said I wanted to go and fly in Africa, all I could here was: Careful, you might be eaten by lions....Yeah right, Africa is simply beautiful..wonderful...great flying...and believe me...you get to learn some crazy ****...flyingwise as non-flyingwise..

Back to our subject, get a job, save as much money as you can, get a C210/C206 rating and if possible some hours on it. Get a nice haircut, a proper shave and say goodbye. Best way to go is to think that you're going on a holiday. Also, if you speak a few different languages, well, consider it as an advantage...

Regards,
F^L^M

B Sousa
28th Apr 2004, 03:38
As you speak Portugese, you might try Angola or Mozambique first. As to all else others here will give you the better advice.
Come on down and visit. Easiest way to see what your in for.......

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Apr 2004, 13:51
Good man FLM. Getting the forum back to where it belongs and as we all know, we have to look out for each other here in Africa. No one else will look out for us......