PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Left in Space.

22nd Apr 2004, 11:19
THIS (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1515871,00.html) is an absolute beauty okes! I must've p!ssed myself by now!
---
From News24.com (http://www.news24.com) and
---
'Nigerian left in space'

Apr 22 2004 09:46:41:410AM

Philip de Bruin

The latest 419 scheme tries to get money "to bring home a Nigerian who was left in space when the Soviet Union collapsed" - and South Africans are falling for it.

Johannesburg - Somewhere in Holland is a South African embassy complete with photos of political leaders on the walls, official flags and diplomatic staff.

The only problem is that it's all a fake.

These offices are home to "diplomats" who run the infamous Nigerian 419 scheme that fleece unwitting people of their hard-earned money.

The scheme had its origins in Nigeria but is now conducted worldwide and many South Africans have fallen prey to these criminals who make lofty promises.

Inspector Rian Visser of the SAPS commercial crimes unit has been tasked with probing these schemes.

He said on Wednesday that a man who "invested" US$100 000 (about R680 000) in the scheme, paid the money to a South African "embassy" in the Netherlands.

Visser said the "embassy" was being investigated by international police agencies.

The 419 syndicate's latest modus operandi is to send letters, on an "official Nigerian space agency letterhead", to wealthy South Africans.

They claim a Nigerian was left in space when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1990. The letter states that $3m in donations is needed to bring him home. The Nigerian budget for this operation is $15m, which is being held in a Nigerian bank.

Once the astronaut is safely home, each donor will get a percentage of the money that is being held in the bank, the letter claims.

No matter how far-fetched, many South Africans have fallen for the scheme, Visser said.

The latest news on 419 schemes can be found on www.419legal.org

Gunship
22nd Apr 2004, 11:51
:ok:

Oh my G ... let's face it we must give credit to the Nigerians that dreams up these things ! :p

I live in the same compound with a lot of them ... oh my and they scheme these things dailey .. just part of live for them :E

And for the people that fall for it .. sjees you must be mad ! :8

Cheers ...

*** Gunnsss still flopping around with laughter ***

flyhardmo
22nd Apr 2004, 21:14
:} :}
I was introdiced to the 419 scam a few yrs ago when i did time in Nigeria. Ive heard about alot of scams but this one takes the cake. It even cracks me up more to hear that people are falling for things like this "NIgerian Space agency".
They dont even have proper electricity let alone a space program.
Nigerian in space.........laughinghardmo

bluesafrica
22nd Apr 2004, 22:51
They should start collecting funds to send more of them to space..
Guess it would sell better.
Blues:}

obiukwu
23rd Apr 2004, 00:14
There's some sort of space programme. Whether it gets anywhere is the question.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/3130390.stm

Goldfish Jack
23rd Apr 2004, 03:08
Imagine falling for this!!

Suppose it is the same people that believe all the rumours on this network are true!!

Like those people that think Elvis is alive and well and flying a Huey!!

oh and those that believe Boeing is better than Airbus......

B Sousa
23rd Apr 2004, 04:08
You mean they are not real???.............Ha ha
I get about 3 emails a week from some place wanting me to invest. If they only knew how broke I was maybe they would send me money......
One thing for sure I do reply in words that would get me kicked off PPrune............Then I spam lock their email address.

freightboss
23rd Apr 2004, 10:01
Wouldn't it be cheaper to send some more into space instead of getting that one guys back down to earth?

Now I was thinking - lets start our own 419 - in Nigeria - to send a couple more Nigerians INTO space.

That will create opportunity for another 419 to get those guys back and then we can again......

See what I mean????

23rd Apr 2004, 11:32
Let's just say that "I know of a bloke...." who received one of these emails, established a rapport with the mailers over a couple of weeks, and then emailed them the latest 7 viruses continuously for 3 days. It is safe to assume that "my friend" never heard back from the said 419ers... :ok:

Islander Jock
23rd Apr 2004, 15:16
Been having a bit of fun 419 scam bating at the moment.

Yours truly (aka Iva Hardon) has accepted my dear Nigerian friends kind offer to assist him in transferring vast sums of cash from his deceased uncles account. Only hurdles for my friend to overcome and get me to send the cash (or think I'm sending it) are:
a. He has to send me a photo of himself holding a sign saying "Iva Hardon - just for you":E
b. He has to fill out a PRIC form (Personal Recipient International Currency) which is just a bank application for a personal loan with a bit of creative editing from moi. Something like 4 pages of detailed financial and personal information.
c. He has to send me a copy of his passport.

When I get all this crap together, I'll be moving on with other wild and wonderous ways to keep him dangling on the line.

If he is in Lagos I think I'll send him off to the Western Union office in either Port Harcourt or maybe even Abuja. ;)

www.ebolamonkeyman.com and www.scamorama.com have excellent examples of scam bating. I am a mere novice compared to some of the stuff these guys get up to.

23rd Apr 2004, 15:59
There was a nice thread on JB recently with plenty of input from blokes who established contact with the Nigerian crooks. Hell of a good laugh reading through those pages. Mind boggling how many people actually fall for this sort of thing. Shame....
Good sites there Islander Jock:ok:

B Sousa
23rd Apr 2004, 16:26
In all seriousness, there are some seriously rich and stupid folks who get scammed on this. Most major countries have ongoing investigations regarding 419 and related scams. I suggest if you have some good information as to true identity of some of the players that you contact the folks working these cases. Some are worth prosecution...............before they immigrate as rich Nigerians to your neighborhood.
In the meantime keep us laughing......

flyhardmo
23rd Apr 2004, 20:09
Islander Jock

Keep me posted on how you go. Would like to hear of a nigi being rorted for once. By the way i have seen a Nigi in space.
The space under the bridge ready to jump out and rob me when i was going through an underpass in lagos. You know how it ended cause im still here today.
Still p1ssing myself laughinghardmo

V1 Rotate
23rd Apr 2004, 20:31
Guys,
There is a Nigerian Space Agency!
There main field of study is..............African brain surgery!
V1:E

23rd Apr 2004, 22:05
I've just replied to MRS Alima Badamasi of OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

:}

B Sousa
25th Apr 2004, 00:53
Heres the latest:

Dear Friend
Firstly, I apologize for breaking into your privacy, however I have decided
to contact you through this medium due to the urgency of this proposed transaction.
I urge you to consider the content of this letter with an open mind and
a willingness to appreciate it's implications in all it's ramifications.It
is with my profond dignity that I write you this very important and highly
confidential letter. I must first solicit your strictest confidentiality
in this transaction. This is because the most important requirement for
the success of this transactions is complete and total confidentiality.

My name is DR.JOSHUA AHMED an Accountant by profession and a director with
the National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS). I am presently
the chairman of the Contract Awards/Review and Payment Approvals committee
of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.We are looking for a very
reliable person to handle a very confidential business transaction for us,
which involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account.
My colleagues and I are members of the Federal Government Contract Awards/Review
and Payment Approvals Committee of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
Our duties include Evaluation, Vetting, and Approval for payment of Contract/Jobs
done for the N.N.P.C. The source of this funds is as follows:

There were series of contract executed by a Consortium of ABB Lumuns, J.G.C
Corporation of Japan , Bouygues Offshore and a Joint Venture of Spiebatignoles
and Dresser Gmbh of Germany in favour of the P.T.F. Among which where:

1)The Expansion and maintainance of pipelines network from one main station
to Escravous Deport for crude oil and downstream products. Distribution
and subsequent evacution.

2)Contract for Turn Around Maintainance (T.A.M.) of the various refinaries
in the country.

3)The Expansion and Construction of new storage tanks for petroleum products.

The original value of the contract was delibrately over-invoiced from US$400
million to US$435.5 million.The Federal Government of Nigeria has since
last year approved the sum of US$435.5 million for the payment of the above
mentioned contracts. And the sum of US$400 million has also been paid to
the foreign companies concerned as contract entitlements for the various
jobs done, but since the companies are entitled to US$400 million dollars
only, we are now left with US$35.5 million dollars. In the light of the
above, I ask for your assistance in the transfer of this excess floating
fund in a suspense account into a foreign account you may wish to provide.
But by virtue of our positions as civil servants and members of this panel,
we cannot do this by ourselves, as we are prohibited by the Code of Conduct
Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/or operating foreign accounts,
making it impossible for us to acquire the money in our names right now.
I have therefore been delegated as a matter of trust and urgency by my colleagues
in the panel to look for a foreign partner into whose account we would transfer
the sum of US$35.5 million.

My Colleagues and I have agreed that if you or your company can act as the
beneficiary of these funds on our behalf, you or your Company will retain
30% of the total amount (US$35.5 million), while 60% will be for us (my
colleagues and I) and the remaining 10% will be used in offsetting all debts/expenses
and taxes incurred in transfering the money to you. I also assure you that
you will not be ask to pay for any expenses that will be incured during
the process of this transfer. Needless to say, the trust reposed on you
at this juncture is enormous, in return we demand your complete honesty
and trust.
Please note that this transaction will be strictly based on the following
terms and conditions as stated below;

a) Our conviction of your transparent honesty and loyalty

b) That you will treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality

c) That you will not sit on the funds once it is under your custody, or
any form of blackmail.

d) That upon receipt of the funds you will release the funds as instructed
by us after you have removed your share of 30% from the total amount.

Please, note that this transaction is 100% safe, legal and risk free and
we hope to conclude this transaction within fourteen bank working days from
the date of receipt of the necessary requirements from you.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter by sending a mail to my personal
email box:[email protected], , I will bring you into the complete
picture of this transaction when I hear from you. Please also include your
telephone and fax numbers to enable me fax to you all necessary information
you need to know about the transaction. Details of this transaction will
be made available to you in the course of our correspondence.

Your confidentiality is highly required since I am still in active service.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
DR. JOSHUA AHMED

Rhodie
25th Apr 2004, 20:42
The question is, Bert,

How the :mad:ck do they get the e-mail addresses - when I get these, I forward to my 'yahoo' address and then send them replies using the biggest font I can use, in red letters and usually italic or some weird script and say not nice things to them....

Throw in the fact that you know it's a 419 scam, lots of choice words and send it say 20 or 30 times....

Does the trick and gives the b@stards some of their own medicine.

I must admit - the "Lost in Space" one had me rolling on the ground - these guys blow themselves up stealing petrol from broken pipelines, with regularity... not even the ruskies would trust them in space...!

Cheers

R
:ok:

B Sousa
26th Apr 2004, 13:56
It gets better. Heres another one today...........

BILLY &MARIA BIROS
AVENU 12 RUE 47 ABIDJAN
DANANI REFUGEE CAMP, ABIDJAN
REPUBLIC OF COTE-D'IVOIRE
TELEPHONE +22507505109

Dear guardian,

My name is Billy&Maria Biros are the children of Late General Alexandral Biros the former Director of military inteligence and special acting General Manager of the Sieria Leone Diamond mining coperation( SLDMC ).I am contacting you to seek your good assistance to transfer and invest USD 18.5 million belonging to my late father which is deposited in a bank in Abidjan. This money is revenues from solid minirals and dimonds sale which were under my fathers possession before the civil war broke out.

Following the break out of the war, almost all government offices,coperations and parastatals were attacked and vandalized. The SLDMC was loothed and burnt down to ashes, and diamonds worth millions of dollars was stolen by the rebel military forces who attacked my fathers office.

Many top government officials and senior army officers were assasinated and my father was a key target because of his very sensitive military possition and appointment in the SLDMC.Regreatably, my father was captured and murdered along with half brother in cool blood during a mid-night rebel shoot-out when our official residence in freetown was armbushed by Fordey Sanko the notorious rebel leader.

My mother sustainded very sever bullet injuries which resulted to her untimely and painful death in a private hospital here in Ivory Coast.

Now we are alone in a totally strange country without parents, relatives or any body to care for us at our tender ages. Before our mother died, she told us that our father deposited some money which he made from diamond sales and contracts at this bank here in Ivory Coast and that we should pray and find a trustworthy foreign business partner who would help us to transfer and invest this money in profitable business venture overseas. She told us to do this quickly so that we can leave Ivory Coast with our cousin brother- Arthur who is here in the camp with us and,then settle down abroad. She gave us the the bank document to prove the deposit and then told us that my father used my name as the only son to deposit the money in the bank.She told us that this is the reason why we came to Ivory Coast. My mother died afterwards. May her spirit rest in perfect peace.

I have gone to the bank to make inquires about this money and I spoke with the Manager of International remittance who assured me that everything is intact and promised to help me transfer this money to my foreign partners bank account as soon as I provide my partners foreign bank account for them. However, the manager is very concerned because of my age. I am 20 years and as such advised that I should look for a matured person that will represent me at the bank.

If you are willing to assist us, please let us know immediately so that you will arrange the transfer of the money to your account with the bank.

Please note that I can only offer you 20% of the total money as compensation for your noble assistance in accodiance with my mothers advise. I am interested in any profitable commercial venture which you consider very good in your country and you would also get a school for me, my little sister and cousin so that we can finish our college education.

Please there is urgent need for the money to be transferred to your account because of the political crises they are having in Cote d'Ivoire now. I am hoping to hear your urgent response so that I can not look for another foreign partner and also call immediately you recived this mail.

Thank you and may God bless you and your dear family.

Yours sincerely
Billy/Maria Biros

26th Apr 2004, 16:58
Email addresses are EXTREMELY easy to harvest from the net. Go to GOOGLe and typ in "Email Harvester". That should give you an idea.

ciao

:}

B Sousa
28th Apr 2004, 03:31
Got a new one from Seth Afreeka:

From Mr.Jack Jogbe.
No 8 Garden Avenue
Johannesburg,South Africa.
Reply to this e-mail:<[email protected]>
{CONFIDENTIAL}

Dear,

We want to transfer to overseas ($ 126,000.000.00 USD)One hundred and Twenty six million United States Dollars) from a Bank in Africa, I want to ask you to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end for this important business trusting in you and believing in God that you
will never let me down either now or in future.

I am Mr.Jack Jogbe,the Auditor General of a bank in
Africa, during the course of our auditing I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 1990 and since 1993 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing. the owner of this account is Mr. Phillip Morris, a foreigner, and a sailor, and he died, since 1993. and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that Phillip Morris until his death was the manager Morris Coy.(pty). SA.

We will start the first transfer with Twenty six million [$26,000.000] upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining rest amount
to your account, The amount involved is (USD 126M) One
hundred and Twenty Six million United States Dollars, only I want to first transfer $26,000.000 [Twenty Six million United States Dollar from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest, but I don't know any foreigner, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, without valid international foreign passport, but can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr. Phillip Morris is a foreigner too, and the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.

Arange it as follows:..

1]A/C NAME:..............
2]A/C NO:.....................
3]BANK NAME:...............
4]BANK ADDRESS:............
5]SWIFT CODE:...............

However, we will sign a binding agreement, to bind us
together I got your contact address from my secretary and I am revealing this to you with believe in God that you will never let me down in this business, you are the first and the only person that I am ontacting for this business,so please reply urgently so, that I will inform you the next step to take urgently. Send also your private telephone and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit.

I want us to meet face to face to build confidence and to sign a binding agreement that will bind us together before transferring the money to any account of your choice where the fund will be safe. Before we fly to your country for withdrawal, sharing and investments.

I need your full co-operation to make this work fine.because the management is ready to approve this
payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this business.

I need your strong assurance that you will never,never let me down.

With my influence and the position of the bank official we can transfer this money to any foreigner's reliable account which you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending our physical arrival in your country for sharing. The bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately we receive this money leaving no trace to any place and to build confidence, you can come immediately to discuss with me face to face after which I will make this remittance in your presence and three of us will fly to your country at least two days ahead of the money going into the account.

I will apply for annual leave to get visa immediately I hear from you that you are ready to act and receive this fund in your account. I will use my position and influence to obtain all legal approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with ppropriate clearance from the relevant ministries and foreign exchange departments.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 35% of the total amount, 60% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring.

Contact me urgently for further detail.

Thanks.

Yours Faithfully,

MR. JACK JOGBE.

Islander Jock
28th Apr 2004, 11:13
Bugga!
Mine's wriggled off the hook:{
OK, time to bait up the next one :cool:

B Sousa
28th Apr 2004, 14:44
I get them daily now. It must be when I call them by their true identity they get a bit mad....heres one:

C/O: UNITED NATIONS REFUGEE CAMP
PLATEAU ABIDJAN COTE D'IVOIRE

ATTN: DEAR BELOVED IN THE LORD,

PERMIT ME HERE TO INTRODUCE MY SELF TO YOU.I AM KELVIN WILLIAMS A (MILK
MAIDEN)AND A YOUNG BOY. THE ONLY SON AND CHILD OF (LATE MR AND MRS DAVID
WILLIAMS) A FULANI CATTLE HEADS MAN (A NOMADIC) AND A TRADITIONAL HUNTER
FROM THE MBOROJIEE TRIBES OF MANGALA IN BUKINNA FASSO.

WHEN MY FATHER WAS ALIFE HE WAS ACCOMPLISHED AND A WIDELY KNOWN FARMER IN
THIS PART OF THE REGION. HE WAS A RESPECTED FARMER WITH SPECIALITY IN CATTLE
FARMS AND VARIOUS OTHER AGRICULTURAL AND HUNTING PRODUCTS LIKE THE HIDES
AND SKINS FROM KILLED ANIMALS.

UPON THIS ACHEIVEMENTS HE WAS HUMBLE AND DUE TO HIS HUMILITY NOBODY KNEW
OFHIS WEALTH.MY LATE FATHER HAD MADE HIS WEALTH THROUGH HARD WORK THOUGH
THROGH HIS CATTLES WHICH HE REARED FROM PLACE TO PLACE AS A CATTEL HEADS
MAN FROM THE LIVE STOCK CAMPS NEARER OUR VILLAGE.

THE SALE OF THESE CATTLES FROM HIS FLOKS TO RICH CATTLE MERCHANTS WHOM TRADED
ON CATTLES FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY THROUGH THE WEST AFRICAN SUB REGION BROUGHT
MY FATHER WEALTH,PROSPERITY WHICH WAS USED TO MEASURE HIS SOCIAL STANDARDS
IN THE PASTURIST AFRICA.

HOWEVER DUE TO THE BOOMING OF MY LATE FATHERS CATTLE TRADE AND THE WEALTH
HE MADE FROM IT THROUGH HARD WORK HE WAS ABLE TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY AND
ALSO THROUGH WHICH HE SENT ME TO SCHOOL, SINCE HE NEVER GOT THE OPPORTUNITY
TO GO TO SCHOOL TO AQUIRE THE WHITEMANS WISDOM(EDUCATION)BEFORE HE WAS KILLED
BY HIS FELLOW NOMADIC CATTLE HEADS MAN DURING A CATTLE RAID BY TRIBAL ENEMIES
DUE TO ENVEY.

WHEN MY MOTHER DIED ON THE 21ST OCTOBER 2002. MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL
BECAUSE I WAS MOTHERLESS AND NEEDED MOTHERLY CARE. I HAD DONE EVERYTHING
AT MY DISPOSAL TO SAVE MY FATHERS LIFE SINCE HE WAS THE ONLY PARENT I HAD
BUT UNFORTUNATELY FATE HAD ITS WAY .

FINALLY BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 10TH OF FEBUARY 2003 IN OUR VILLAGE
IN OUAGADUGU.THE REPUBLIC OF BUKINNA FASSO.HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON BEDSIDE
HIS HOSPITAL BED AND SAID I QUOTE "MY SON I HAVE THE SUM OF US$4.000.000
(FOUR MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) IN A METALIC TRUNK BOX WHICH DEPOSITED
IN A LOCAL BANK IN ABIDJAN.

HE HAD INFORMED ME THAT HE HAD PREVIOUSLY DEPOSITED THE MONEY
IN A BANK IN ABIDJAN ON THE 4TH OF JANUARY 2000 .

UPON MY ARRIVAL IN ABIDJAN WHERE I SUCCESSFULLY CONTACTED THE BANK TO
INFORM THEM OF MY INTENTIONS TO TRANSFER THE MONEY WHICH IS
DEPOSITED BY MY LATE FATHER TO A FORIEGN BENEFICARY THAT I WILL TRUST WORTYHY
AND FATHERLY WHOM WILL HELP ME MANAGE THIS MONEY TO COMPLETE MY EDUCATION
WHICH HAS BEEN MY WISH AND THE WISH OF MY FATHER.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED
BY HIS COLEAGUES AND THAT I SHOULD LEAVE TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS BROTHERS
AND SISTERS AND THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF
MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT COMPLETELY FOR MY
EDUCATION AND ALSO TO INVEST FOR MY FAMILY TO BE ABLE TO KEEP HIS NAME SINCE
HE WILL NOT BE AROUND TO SHOW ME THE WAY ANY MORE AND TO GUIDE ME.

DEAREST ONE,IN THIS RESPECT I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE
FOLLOWING WAYS : TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERED
TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND SINCE I AM STILL UNDERAGED (A YOUNG
BOY)AND TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO FURTHER
OUR EDUCATION AS OUR FATHER WISHES .

MOREOVER, DEAR, I WILL REWARD YOU GREATLY FOR YOUR HUMBLE SERVICES AS I
AM
WILLING TO OFFER YOU 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORTINPUT
AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR NOMINATED ACCOUNT OVERSEAS.

FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I BELIEVE
THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN FOUR (3) BANKING DAYS YOU
SIGNIFY INTEREST TO ASSIST ME. I WILL APPRECIATE YOU SEND ME E-MAIL.

ANTICIPATING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

SINCERLY YOURS
KELVIN WILLIAMS.