PDA

View Full Version : Barking up the wrong tree???

muckyboots
21st Apr 2004, 18:56
Greetings to you all
Ill get to the point
I am 36yrs old and have 44hrs flying the old R22 but ran out of cash before I could finish the exams and take the test for PPLH.
Does anyone know if there is any chance of sponsorship, guidance/help towards completing this and then CPLH?

thanks

muckyboots
21st Apr 2004, 20:46
the other side of it is that i paid for all the lessons ive had myself and am quite willing to put more in if I should get any but dont see that happening at the moment for some time, but i now have this flying bug and would love to make a carer out of it and not waste what i have already spent

redsnail
21st Apr 2004, 22:14
Haven't heard of a sponsorship for helo pilots.
For more info you might like to try the helicopter forum if you haven't already :D
Good luck.

Whispering Giant
21st Apr 2004, 22:21
From memory Bristows Helecopter's used to do CPL(H) sponsorship's, they used to do all there training at Redhill with R22's and Bell 47's before they sent you off either to the North Sea on a Puma or to the middle/far east.
I think they discontinued the scheme about 6-8 year's ago but i may be wrong.

Rgds

W.G

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Apr 2004, 22:23
I think Bristow used to run one. Not sure if that s still the case though.

Hello Reddo, how's work these days? Are you still with Gemstone?

PS: W.G beat me to it.

muckyboots
22nd Apr 2004, 07:56
thanks guys
thanks red just looking at the rotorhead forum now, I'm new to hear so still finding my way around the site, but full of good info so far,
whoever runs it keep it up

Goldfinger
22nd Apr 2004, 07:57
Bond helicopters had a small scheme running a few years ago. Certainly worth giving them a call. I think they have headquarters at Gloucester airport.

As for Bristow's, the last time they ran courses was about 5-6 years ago. The fortunate few went to the States (sunny California I think) to do the basic training. A few of Bristows training pilots went to start their own operation over there - don't know whether its still running, but that was the general route into Bristows for the fresh faced amongst us.

I'd imagine after several years, they might be thinking about recruiting again.

Certainly would't do any harm giving them a call - If you haven't done so already.

Good luck

Goldfinger:ok: