PDA

View Full Version : concerning airlines such as airone or meridiana

bluefalcon
21st Apr 2004, 18:16
Dear italian latino lads,,

As our french colleague in another topic he posted, im also intreagued in knowing how well a foreign( spagnolo) pilot is accepted in an airline like meridiana or air one,, if its good,, do u know of any pilots that got in with low hours, less than 500,, and when they did the TR course in what language was that in,, cause i know that italy like spain as we both have high number of unemplyed national pilots, foreign pilots are not that well seen,, is it so in italy too?, how about getting in one of the mentioned airlines with low hours, any chance or you need some serious contacts,, anyone know any foreigner in an airline like that with low hours?
grazzie per tutti vostra resposta

piacere

:ok:

C-47
21st Apr 2004, 21:24
Bluefalcon,

Actually I don't know if any "low-time" pilot has ever been hired from Meridiana or Air One: of course it is possible...

I know that Air One hired several ex-Sabena pilots and I am quite sure that Volare also hired pilots with a EU Passport other than the italian one.

In any case you will need a serious contact, a recomandation, a sponsor: as far as I know there's not another way to get in.

About the Type Rating course: those airlines which are TRTO also will probably do the TR in italian language (such as Meridiana for instance which is not a TRTO but uses Alitalia sims). Other airlines which are not TRTO send their pilots either in Germany (Neos, Air One), UK (Volare) or Spain (Volare again but for sims only).

That's not a nice picture isn't it?!? Sorry for that...I'm looking for a job too!!

tarjet fixated
21st Apr 2004, 22:01
there are quite many foreign pilots in Italy,especially in Air One,Volare,Eurofly and to a lesser extent in Meridiana too.
Low time pilots?well all (almost) the above mentioned foreign nationals are actually high time pilots with experience on the type concerened.
As far as Air One and Meridiana they are both TRTO's and do their training inhouse apart from the sims,i believe Volare does the same.
Giving it a try doesn't cost you anything.

good luck.

Henry VIII
22nd Apr 2004, 20:32
A lot of expats pilots in italian airlines are engaged by international crew agencies like Parc, Contractair, Airline Appointments, Mach 2000, etc. etc.
Of course they are rathed on type, current and... well experienced
Good luck

Henry

bluefalcon
22nd Apr 2004, 23:02
Well it seems pretty screwed up for low houred wannabees then,, Here in Spain many people with low hours but with serious contacts do get in somehow,, i donīt know about foreigners but I do know a lot of cases of young 22-25 year old with 200-500 hours that are now flying 73īs or airbusīs.
In italy I suppose its a bit like Spain but thats the doubt I have left if anyone can clear me up a bit,,,

Thanks again and happy soft landings to all!! ;)