PDA

View Full Version : a few questions from an interview-ee

buckbeno
21st Apr 2004, 15:07
Hello all,

I am greatful to all here who have taken the time to answer the questions of we wanna-be's who have very limited other sources with which to gather the necessary info to make a career decision.

I am a 45 y.o. airline pilot who got furloughed from a major US Air-line in Jan '03. I have 12,000 hrs total, (none heavy jet) and alot of SIC Jet and am currently gaining PIC jet with a "small Jet" carrier. Because of my age, I have 3 very important questions that I must attain answers to in order to make an informed decision as to wheather I should accept a position (if offered) . I currently have been scheduled for interview (#1) and am seeking inside help and your personal/professional opinion.

Here Goes:

1) I understand that retirement is 55 but "they" are offering extensions to "mainliners" if they transfer to the freight ops side of the fence. What about an american who would be hired to be based in the U.S.A? Is there still the 55 rule? Extensions? Possibilities? Probabilities? This is a HUGE consideration for me as to my age.

2) Does anyone know the average/expected time to Captain in the U.S. freight ops?

3) I've heard conflicting reports of a "training" bond valued at USD$100,000. Does anyone have any info on wheather this is true? Old info? Bad info? etc.

I greatly thank you for your help in this matter as these are the 3 major concerns as to wheather I would actually accept a position or not.

Thankfully

Buckbeno