PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to disneyland paris

serko
21st Apr 2004, 12:56
They're actually selling flighs to Disneyland paris which actually means that you get dropped off at an airport 120km from Disneyland and have to make your own way there.

ALLMCC
21st Apr 2004, 13:03
Is this a "Mickey Mouse" offer from a "Mickey Mouse" outfit?

brabazon
21st Apr 2004, 13:27
How many airlines have made profits as consistently as Ryanair have? Answer: not many. You may not like the way they do their business, but at least, up until now, they make a lot of money doing it.

egnxema
21st Apr 2004, 13:48
No doubt there are many things we could label FR as, but "Mickey Mouse" doesn't seem to be one of them IMO.

tom24
21st Apr 2004, 15:34
I like Ryanair and what they have to offer, but sometimes their advertising does make me :p

Runway 31
21st Apr 2004, 18:20
Nothing new here. This has been showing as this for more than a year.

nibor
21st Apr 2004, 19:01
Not had chance to check their website so can anyone confirm if the airport decribed as 'Disneyland Paris' is actually in France or is it anothername for Hahn or Charleroi?

Tenminutes
21st Apr 2004, 19:45
FR starts flights to Disneyland HQ soon - Dublin ;)

Flightmapping
22nd Apr 2004, 10:41
"Disneyland" is BVA & only available from PIK

Optical Illyushin
22nd Apr 2004, 11:00
......... and Dublin and Girona and Hahn and Skavsta and Rome and Bergamo and Shannon...... err well from ALL bases actually with the exception of Stansted!!!

:rolleyes:

Flightmapping
22nd Apr 2004, 11:09
Sorry, should have added "from the UK mainland". Would they ever look at BVA from NEMA, or do ww have the advantage with slots @CDG?

SNNEI
22nd Apr 2004, 12:56
"From the UK" would have been enough mate: please bear in Mind that Shannon and Dublin are in a republic, and thus not part of the United Kingdom.. mainland or otherwise... :)

Flightmapping
22nd Apr 2004, 13:01
Sorry again, I didn't mean to imply that they were.

By UK mainland, I meant the island that contains England, Scotland & Wales, and therefore not Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands etc, and by implication not the Republic either.

I accept FR have no UK bases outside this area, but they do fly STN > LDY.

SNNEI
22nd Apr 2004, 13:34
No prob bud! It's a common one, but it causes us celts no end of grief! :)

RYR do indeed fly to LDY, but Belfast has been rumoured as a base for the Carrier for a while now. Would be a very interesting battle with EZY if it happened!

iceman51
22nd Apr 2004, 13:54
Well, sometimes Ryanair lands at apts that are far away from the major cities, but I do not think this is 100 per cent negative.

You have always to consider your TTT - Total Travel Time, and not always you are heading for Piccadilly Circus, but it might be you are heading for Cabmbridge ...therefore STN is your right choice.

If you are heading for Milan, the perfect choice is LIN, but BGY is generally better than MXP. The distance from the city center is the same.

If you are heading to Rome, CIA is nearer tha FCO, and you get out from the airport in 5' without walking for miles.

GRO is also your right choice for Costa Brava, and so on ...

their advertising ... why don't :p life is sometimes boring and MOL knows it!

:ok:

Flightmapping
22nd Apr 2004, 14:15
You have always to consider your TTT - Total Travel Time, and not always you are heading for Piccadilly Circus, but it might be you are heading for Cabmbridge ...therefore STN is your right choice.

Absolutely! My "final destination" from EDI yesterday was about 600 yards from Kings Cross. By the time I'd got to the airport, got the bus from LTN, had my card spat out by the ticket machine at Luton Airport Parkway, walked through the new cardboard station at St Pancras etc - I think I "saved" about 30 minutes, maybe 1 hour. But train companies still insist on various advance booking fare rules, making one-way tickets very difficult to get at short notice.