PDA

View Full Version : There are Two Whirlys

Whirlybird
16th Aug 2001, 23:30
I'd just like to tell everyone, especially visitors to Chat, that there are two of us!!!!

Whirlybird and Whirlygirl are NOT the same person. We do both fly helicopters. We are both female. We are friends. But she is in Canada and I am in Wales, and it gets very confusing in Chat and elsewhere when people start referring to something I've never heard of - and it turns out to be a conversation they had the night before with Whirlygirl. We don't really mind, but it'll make more sense for you if you remember which one of us you've been talking to.

But if it's all too much for you, don't worry. Just remember that all the best people have names beginning with Whirly. :D

JPJ
16th Aug 2001, 23:53
I'm with you, Whirly.

You are, after all, the Early Whirly Girlie, and who could top that?

Love,

JPJ

PPRuNe Pop
16th Aug 2001, 23:54
Whirly, you could politely (would you do anything else!) ask her if she would consider a name change. Especially as it appears to be confusing people.

Not much to ask since you chose it first.

What do you think Whirlygirl? ;)

Aeropig1
17th Aug 2001, 03:39
Two Whirly's? Cool :cool:

Kermit 180
17th Aug 2001, 11:50
TWO??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

chips_with_everything
17th Aug 2001, 13:09
Rapt to have two whirlies!

No problem differentiating, but perhaps "whirlygirl_eh" and "whirlybird_cymru" would make it clearer to us when we're fuzzy in the head :D

Tricky Woo
17th Aug 2001, 14:58
Far too complicated to try to distinguish between the two of you. I'll make it my policy to assume that you're a sort of Gallic-Canadian composite person.

Far less complicated.

TW

Cardinal Puff
17th Aug 2001, 15:51
So it's not the drink then......

WHEW!

Whirlybird
17th Aug 2001, 16:26
Hmmm...glad so many of you like having two Whirlys :) I'd feel bad about asking Whirlygirl to change her name, dunno why. Tricky, it's fine to treat us as a composite person, but just don't expect us to understand what you're talking about :eek:

Anyway, don't any of you forget that I was the FIRST Whirly :D

You want it when?
17th Aug 2001, 16:37
As if, wouldn't dream of it. The thought hadn't even been about to consider crossing my mind... ;)

Tricky Woo
17th Aug 2001, 16:41
Whirly*ir*,

Nobody ever understands what I'm talking about, anyway.

TW, xxx

Feeton Terrafirma
17th Aug 2001, 17:50
Tricky,

the problem in understanding you is that most of us don't understand that lawyering speak. Or is it the scotch that makes it hard to follow those long words with more than one syllable. :confused:

And Whirly, THANK YOU! Now I know I wasn't THAT drunk, only a bit pished :)

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: Feeton Terrafirma ]

RW-1
17th Aug 2001, 22:46
So "There can only be one ...." :D

Does it not show between "bird" and "girl" in chat?

Or is this an issue only during the lurid stemy late morning drunk chat fests? Or fading memories of a chat long lost? :)

Hmmm, both together at a Bash though, the possibilities are endless ... :rolleyes:

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: RW-1 ]

Whirlybird
18th Aug 2001, 21:10
RW1,

Yes, chat can distinguish "bird" and "girl". But chatters can't. Since I call myself Whirly, perhaps this adds to the confusion. But I like being Whirly. Anyway, recently we've both tended to be in chat at the same time, so I guess everyone will eventually get the idea.

JudyTTexas
18th Aug 2001, 22:15
I have a good reminder on who is who between WB and WG. When I type Hallo WB it always comes out as: Hallo Welcome Back. ;)

Mac the Knife
18th Aug 2001, 23:22
Using "bird" and "girl" to define a helicopter pilot's completely irrelevant biological gender is a typical example of hegemonist sexism.

It is disturbing that these two helicopter-persons have been so brainwashed by the typical enslaving male chauvinist exploitative colonial pigs that they appear to be unable to recognise this for themselves.

Off to JBII !

Whirlybird
19th Aug 2001, 00:52
Well said Mac! So I guess from now on we're just Whirly and Whirly.

rover2701
19th Aug 2001, 04:21
I was conversing with canadian whirly tonite wasnt aware ther was two of u. shall have to be careful
:eek: ;) ;) ;)

Tricky Woo
20th Aug 2001, 12:25
How many Whirly's are there this week? Three? Six? Twenty five?

Just wondered.

TW

chips_with_everything
20th Aug 2001, 13:31
Hey Mac what's the problem with differentiating gender??

Fond of femininity... let's celebrate the boy-girl thing and keep gender clear and out there. Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Vive la difference!

:D :D :D :D :D

golden_hands
20th Aug 2001, 15:27
If Whirlybird flips you the "bird" I wonder what would flip with Whirlygirl! :eek:

Vortex what...ouch!
20th Aug 2001, 18:21
Yeah Mac but they are both top chicks :D

OK I going....