PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Africa?

homerj
21st Apr 2004, 08:46
Just wondering ,

Does anyone know what options are available in Africa for low timers?
Has anyone gone over and if so how did you get on etc...............

Cheers

An2
22nd Apr 2004, 16:34
Try out the African Aviation forum instead. Should be a better chance of getting the answers you want from that place in cyberspace. Then again, you might not get the answers you would like to have.
Anyway, worth a shot!!:ok:

Harvester
25th Apr 2004, 11:51
As mentioned above check out the threads on the African Forum. I was thinking along the same lines but things took me down other routes but I reckon there is definitely work out there. Only thing is that from the advice I got it seems you actually have to pack your bags and go - you wont get a job via fax, email or telephone and have to literally knock on doors and hang around bars instead. All the useful info can be found on the threads relating to Maun in Botswana. Good luck if you take the plunge with that airline ticket to the great outdoors!:ok:

Orange Budgie
28th Apr 2004, 10:58
Hello guys...

Just to back up what Harvester says..you have to be out here to get the jobs - and boy are there a lot of wannabes out here - mostly Kiwis and South Africans. Hiring has finished for this season so get your bags packed and ready to go for Nov/Dec. The flying is awesome and they will look at you with a basic com and 200 hrs - A 206 rating helps but it won't guarantee a job - If you are one of the lucky few you can expect to log upto a 800-1000 hrs in 12 months - and most guys leave here to go to bigger stuff. The old image of bush flying is thankfully disappearing - no more drunken cowboys thank God.. It's now regarded as good stepping stone and you'd be suprised how many airline pilots started their career in sunny old Maun...
If you want to build hours you are going to have to get off your :mad:, stop watching day time TV and get out here. Good luck to you all!:ok: