PDA

View Full Version : Major tour operator announces three long haul routes from Nottingham East Midlands Ai

egnxema
21st Apr 2004, 07:24
This from www.nottinghamema.com

20 April 2004
Major tour operator announces three long haul routes from Nottingham East Midlands Airport

The East Midlands region and beyond can look forward to long haul services from Nottingham East Midlands Airport (NEMA) from summer 2005 as First Choice, one of the UK's biggest tour operators, announces they are to expand their successful destination portfolio from NEMA.

The introduction of Florida, the Dominican Republic and Cancun in Mexico comes just months after the Airport changed its name - a move intended to encourage new routes and bring new airlines into the Airport.

The new services will start in May 2005, with Florida holidays now on sale and the Dominican Republic and Cancun available to book from 29th April 2004. Prices to the Dominican Republic from NEMA start from just £701 for 14-nights all-inclusive and prices for 14 nights all-inclusive from NEMA to Cancun start from just £695. Both destinations will be available with nil flight supplements. For all destinations, brochures are out now and are available from your local travel agent.

As First Choice launch these new routes, they are now offering an improved service for passengers. As part of their standard flight package, passengers will now receive larger seats, a choice of meal and widescreen 7" seatback entertainment. Those travelling in premium seating receive further increased facilities.

thomas_ba
21st Apr 2004, 08:10
So will the Manchester Crews be opreating these flights? As the East Mids lot are only A321 checked...

T

Wycombe
21st Apr 2004, 10:14
All great news, of course, but presumably these 76's will still have 2-4-2 seating in the standard cabin.

Having flown Air2K (sorry, First Choice Airlines!) to CUN from LGW last year, I can say that this is very cramped on a 10hr+ sector.

So why didn't I upgrade to the front - because approx 1k GBP was too much to add for a family of 4 for a bit more room (but I suppose if they can fill the Premium Cabin at these rates, then that's what they'll charge).

Having said that the service was excellent and the CC clothing colourful :cool:

flyer2042
22nd Apr 2004, 13:03
Thomas

Probably MAN or LGW crew will be operating these routes - unless the EMA crew get converted onto the 767.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
22nd Apr 2004, 13:05
I`ve heard that they will be low density and will be a lot more cofortable

Golf India Bravo

Localiser Green
22nd Apr 2004, 13:21
Economy will be 2-3-2 and 33" pitch - better than a normal scheduled economy aircraft.

777-style interior will be fitted, 36" pitch in premuim, 30 channel PTVs throughout...

Sounds good to me.

serko
22nd Apr 2004, 14:06
i've heard the same flights will be offered from Robin Hood airport on alternate weeks.

Wycombe
22nd Apr 2004, 20:48
....does indeed sound good Loc. Are the existing a/c ('AL and 'AN I think) being refitted, or are these different airframes?

egnxema
23rd Apr 2004, 07:10
Serko

There is nothing in the First Choice brochures about DSA.

EPRman
23rd Apr 2004, 09:20
Wycombe,

Different airframes. Ex- Vietnam Airlines we hear. Two in service from 1 May '05 with the remaining aircraft on line later in the year.

Regards.

Localiser Green
23rd Apr 2004, 11:04
Should be a nice new lease of life for those Vietnam 763s, they are mostly 1996-build models, with the exception of two 1992 build and a single 2000 build (ex-Citybird).

I would have thought FCA are getting the 1996 aircraft as they have the CF6-80C2B7F powerplants just like existing aircraft G-OOAL/M/N, the other Vietnam 763s are PW powered.

The existing aircraft are not due to get the enhanced interior yet.

See Boeing Press Release (http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/q1/nr_040330g.html) about the First Choice new interiors.

rock737
23rd Apr 2004, 15:17
Interesting if theyre getting rid off OOAL/N (they only have 2 currently), well L is a 2000 build and i'm not sure about N, goodness knows why they got rid of OOAM as it was the newest 2000/2001 build. But why buy older machines and do them up when they can do up their own although i think theyll do up theirs evenutally and well have them running alongside the 3 new ones definately as theirs no point in getting rid of them. Perhpas theyll use their current ones that i expect them to keep on short hauls like britannia do with their 767s. Another thing is, why didn't they buy 767s new with new interior and that, i also understand new ones have 767-400 cockpit so surely they would benefit from this, maybe will the 3 ex vietnam ones have these upgraded cockpits fitted or just new 767-400 cockpits fitted:hmm:

Anotehr thing will they be basing one at ema summer 2005 or will it do flights from other uk airports as well? whats the routing plans for them?

Cheers Ashley

symphonyangel
23rd Apr 2004, 17:29
Serko - Your possibly correct, I understand First Choice were waiting to see the Thomson commitment in their First Edition brochure before announcing what they will do in their second edition at Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield.

EGCC
23rd Apr 2004, 18:20
FCA will only be flying to Cancun, Sanford and Dominican Republic fortnightly from EMA so I doubt very much they'll be seeing a 763 based there. Most likely one down at LGW, one up at MAN and one doing the rounds at the regional airports.

EGCC

rock737
23rd Apr 2004, 18:34
EGCC: Yeah i suppose but fortnightly is just rediculus especially if every other week the aircrafts going to be based at DSA because that would mean as the sevice would origionally have been every week at ema like a few years ago, it would be alright if it was every other week with BHX being the other every other week but that would never happen. Come on first choice, they should realise theres way more potential at EMA especially because thats what they were gonna do in the first place, operate every week there:*

green737
24th Apr 2004, 18:23
Having flown G-OOAL, I can tell you it is a nightmare. I'm also glad that G-OOAO has left the fleet as that was worse!!:eek: :eek:

MEFLYBE
24th Apr 2004, 21:15
The First Choice brochure says Orlando SFB will be flown weekly from NEMA.

Regards

Mike