PDA

View Full Version : Flag Carrier !

Captain White
21st Apr 2004, 04:48
:ok: Read over here that Dragonair is the Primary Carrier in Hong Kong !

:p Purchased 5 x 747-400's from SIA

:\ New Orders with Airbus for Australian runs

:8 Awarded 6 Australian routes last week

Very Impressive for a small airline that CX has tried to
ruin many a time. Amazing that CX still has representation
on the board .......... Talk about 5th columnists !!!

Good to see a real local airline standing up to thugs...

Congratulations KA :ok:

Felix Lighter
21st Apr 2004, 08:18
saucer of milk table one?

who cares who is THE flag carrier? the pilots (KA&CX) are all good chaps trying to get by, loving flying, feed the clan and have a good life in HK.......I dont understand your point?

should i strike my KA friends off my dinner party list? i think not.

i dont know where you chip comes from but you dont exactly see a mexican stand-off between CX and KA here........ we all play, party and waterski together. is this just a management thing?

all i see is a stronger aviation link for HK...and thats great news for all of us.

well done KA........ more jobs for the boys (from EK perhaps? ;) )

21st Apr 2004, 08:27
That's good news for all in aviation!

Hong Xing
21st Apr 2004, 11:46
Felix Lighter:
You certainly are pushing a different barrow now that the Union Jack has been sprayed over. A barrow full of smiles and good fellowship and jolly people that say quote: "who cares who is the flag carrier" unquote. It was a different story when the "jack" was around.
Well I say Hong Kong needs a flag carrier and there is none more suited to carry it than the Dragon. I would like nothing better than to see the Bauhinia combined with the PLA "eight one" and
proudly painted up there with that five clawed imperial dragon. Two of Hong Kong's three official flags carry the "eight one" and what better way to show the world that Hong Kong is part of the motherland. The "eight one" certainly looks good alongside the red star and it would look just as good alongside the Bauhinia.

Hong Xing

FlexibleResponse
21st Apr 2004, 11:52
Very Impressive for a small airline that CX has tried to
ruin many a time.

Yes and no, but your timing is all wrong and you are barking up the wrong tree!

CX ran Dragon into the ground many years ago. Then when the price was right, gobbled it up so that CX owned and ran Dragon lock, stock and barrel (they did the same to Air HongKong).

When CX took over, they gave Dragon CX's own lucrative rights to Kaohsiung and Kota Kinabalu. Later on, CX had to give Dragon its rights Beijing and Shanghai, thereby eliminating CX presence in the Mainland, but at the same time keeping the profits on CX’s books. This was done as a hedge to keep the Mainland Carriers from claiming 5th Freedom rights out of HKG post 1997.

This strategy was effective in protecting the 5th Freedom rights, so the Mainland then insisted on starting up their own new airline out of HKG post 1997. CX starved off this threat to its HKG monopoly by selling a substantial portion of Dragon to the Mainland (CITIC/CNAC). However, in essence, CX still ran the board at KA after the transfer of shares.

The latest dust-up between CX and KA was meant to be just for public show that there is true "competition" between HKG carriers. But some of the Board Members got carried away in giving a little reminder to Swire that it doesn't completely control the board at KA and should pay attention to Mainland members. Fortunately, sanity has prevailed and this small hiccup has been resolved for now.

CX still owns 19% of Dragon and normally makes a tidy little profit from it (thank you for your efforts!). It is in the interests of both airlines that each has a good proportion of the HKG pie; otherwise others will take it off us.

Who is the true flag carrier in HKG?

GFS of course!

Fly747
21st Apr 2004, 12:15
Who gives a monkey's as long as the pay comes in every month whichever side of the AEX line you are.

Felix Lighter
21st Apr 2004, 12:20
HX - you make many presumptions about me......and my affilations. You are so far off the market with your asinine remarks it is laughable.

I shallnt make any presumptions about you rather than to refer to your racist comments of past threads.....all of which have been amazingly deleted! (I know, you claim it wasnt you)

Dont, my friend, tar everyone with the same brush........ if you truely believe in your own rhetoric I pity you. How about learning a bit of tolerance?

I say again..... WELL DONE KA. (I suggest that if you still have a problem with that you should have your head read.)

Guru
21st Apr 2004, 15:10
Big hand for the GFS!

BigTimeWannabe
21st Apr 2004, 19:25
Ummm...Hong Xing,

Since when do the characters 8-1 appear on any of the HK or the official PRC flagd and emblem!? It only appears on the PLA flag and emblem!!! And unfortunately (for you...) the PLA flag does not belong to any official emblem or flag in HK althought the PLA do indeed have a garrison stationed in Hong Kong!

Please refer to the HKSAR Protocol Unit's website for more info...thanks!

http://www.info.gov.hk/protocol/eng/index.htm

Hong Xing
22nd Apr 2004, 11:27
Felix Lighter:
I am not in the least interested in your so called affiliations (affilations??). As I see it one is judged by what one writes on these boards and I don't judge you very favourably. Your remarks are pure hypocrisy and very easy to recognise for what they are as similar remarks have been around for a long time. What I would like to say to you is restricted as I know Blue Eagle hovers nearby so you can perhaps consider yourself saved by the bell.

Big TimeWannabe:
You are perfectly correct when you say the "eight one" is not on Hong Kong's official flag. The point I was trying to make is that the PLA "eight one" does fly in Hong Kong (as it should) and that this is something everyone should appreciate. It is a significant historical symbol and a reminder that Hong Kong's stability is assured. I wish it was displayed in more locations and I'd certainly like to see it flying alongside the five yellow stars at the entrance to Chep Lap Kwok.

Hong Xing

dreamingA380
22nd Apr 2004, 13:11
Ni hao

So what does the eight one look like?

xiexie

Traffic
22nd Apr 2004, 13:15
HX

You sir need help.

BusyB
22nd Apr 2004, 20:22
Hong Xing, I really have my doubts about your sanity, do you really feel you have any credibility with the populace in HK let alone the pilots. They would all consider you're off you trolley!!

NoseGear
23rd Apr 2004, 00:56
HongX, since your splitting hairs with regard to Felix's milspelt "affiliations", tell me, when did Chep Lap Kok become Chep Lap KWOK?

As for being "judged by what one writes on these boards" that is a knife that cuts both ways mate. :rolleyes:

Nosey

HotDog
23rd Apr 2004, 09:59
Hong Xing, since you are so full of patriotic fervour, I'm sure you would not want to hide your true identity. Not as much as Chairman Mao ( do you still carry the Little Red Book in your shirt pocket?) but even President Hu Jingtao of Zhonghua Renmin Gongheguo, would be extremely proud of the righteous road you are following. A true son of the revolution! I thought you might be flying for Dragon Air as you seem to have surfaced about the time Dragon started operating 747s. I actually asked an ex colleauge if he knew you but he said there were no such :mad: idiots in Dragon. That leaves Cathay but I can not believe your pure principles would allow you to accept rice from such a capitalistic outfit, usurping the fruits of the Motherland. I am of course assuming that your profile is truthful.

Traffic
23rd Apr 2004, 15:21
HD

Unless of course it is KIFIS in drag!! It is certainly someone of that ilk...drank the milk for all those years and then suddenly became lactose intolerant.

FlexibleResponse
24th Apr 2004, 05:41
If HIALS's CNAC Report is correct (see other thread), then Capt White may achieve his dream in becoming a "flag carrier".

But probably not the "flag" he had in mind!

Let's just hope that HX's dream of Motherland-purifying of KA doesn't follow.

Hong Xing
9th May 2004, 05:52
While on the subject of flags I must say it was good to see the navy in town flying their emblems. Added something to the pleasure of the Star Ferry crossing and no doubt stimulated the thoughts of the Yang Kuei-Tzu (foreign devils ordinary) and their betters the Ta Mao-Tzu (foreign devils first class.)

Hong Xing

TTBoy
9th May 2004, 10:55
I hate to burst your bubble, but Dragonair is not, and will not become the flag carrier of Hong Kong. Cathay has excelled in this area, and will continue to do so. That said, KA will be a solid second choice for the people of Hong Kong.

6 Destinations to Australia - I don't think so. It hasn't been announced by our company. Sydney probably.

Hong Xing
10th May 2004, 10:51
Silberfuchs:
I rather enjoyed reading what you had to say and I most definitely agree with your views about the visible presence of the Peoples Liberation Army. However don't you think that perhaps you are being a little hard on me by using such words as "goose stepping rantings", "flags on every corner", "fanatical power" and "one upmanship". Afterall I am only in a sense flying the flag and trying to remind those who respect it that the Ta Mao-Tzu are still very much with us. In any case tolerance of transgressors is not a bottomless pit.

Hong Xing

P.S. Motherland when written in the context you used is spelt with a capital M.