PDA

View Full Version : Langkawi Aerospace Training Centre

malaysian eaglet
20th Apr 2004, 23:20
Following questions from PM, I confirm, that in spite of all the difficulties and also manoeuvers of its rival MFA, LATC is starting in a short while, hopefully in June. Still recruiting particularly Ground Instructors.

rodondo4
21st Apr 2004, 08:37
Will this be the centre for Air Asia for their first batch of CAdets

Gabra1
21st Apr 2004, 15:09
Malaysian Eaglet,

Who are the owners of LATC? Isn't there another flying training school being set up in Ipoh?

I heard recently that Curug (the training school in Indonesia) will be going all out to woo Middle Eastern cadets who can't / won't go to the US for flying training anymore.

malaysian eaglet
22nd Apr 2004, 23:52
Answers to questions:
LATC is fully owned by Halim Mazmin Group, one of the first investor in Malaysia if not currently the first investor. (Group comprising a very well known shipping company -very important fleet with admiral vessel of 160 000 tons/ 300 m long-, hotels in Langkawi and others activities...).
LATC will be operational hopefully in June.
IPOH is a dedicated helicopter school. The operations are starting in a short while as far as I know.
Air Asia is sponsoring some cadets in MFA currently. So if some cadets are going to LATC it will not be the first ones. Air Asia likes other Airlines is probably evaluating the possibility to send at least some batches for comparison between the old fashioned MFA and a new concept.
Can you give more information on what happens in Indonesia?

malaysian eaglet
2nd May 2004, 11:20
I confirm operations starting in june for LATC.