PDA

View Full Version : Jack Morton

Batchy
20th Apr 2004, 22:18
Can anyone confirm the news that Jack Morton has passed away.

Jack was a ferry pilot with the Barnstormers Flying Circus and a renowned model maker and flier.

In 1968 Jack was part of the team that made and then flew the models for the film Battle of Britain.

I have only heard this news through a third party, so hopefully someone can confirm.

Hopefully Jack is still alive and Well.

Batchy.

KZ8
21st Apr 2004, 15:32
Batchy

I am sorry to confirm that Jack Morton has indeed passed away.

I remember him flying a model Tiger Moth in formation (including aerobatics!) with a full-size Tiger during the Easter Barnstormer Model Expo displays at Sywell and Cranfield.

Good displays, those.

KZ8

Batchy
21st Apr 2004, 22:47
Thanks for the confirmation KZ8.

Jack's masterful model work will now live on with the Battle of Britain film.

Here's the late Jack Morton with his superb Tiger Moth RC model.

Batchy.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/woodlands/Jack_Morton.jpg

G-KEST
29th Jun 2004, 15:34
Jack was a great guy along with his family. In terms of practical skill in large R/C models he was exceptional and it was a real pleasure to fly a full size Tiger in formation with his model at the Barnstrormers Cranfield Expo on two or three years shows. We only came unstuck once due to my inadequate briefing. The full size Tiger prefers to be stall torned to the right due to the propellor rotation and Jack stall turned the model to the left out of preference. This aspect was not briefed or known to us. We pulled up together in fairly loose line abreast with me on the left of the model. When the rudder went in on our respective aircraft we finished up in extremely close line abreast........!!! Not an error we repeated.
Jack was also a keen light aircraft pilot who relished his flying full size machines.
I will always remember his great enthusiasm for aviation in all possible forms - one of lifes real characters.
Trapper 69