PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet 2166 19-4-2004

DeepC
20th Apr 2004, 15:23
I was on the above flight yesterday night out of AMS into LTN and felt for the crew on the flight.

To set the scene. The aircraft was late arriving at AMS and when we got on it transpired that there was a problem with one of the rear emergency exits resulting in only the front 16 rows being able to be used. 95 seats, 95 passengers. Mr Passenger 95 decides he doesn't want to sit in close proximity to the great unwashed and insists on sitting in row 17. Much reasoning with him got nowhere so eventually the crew gave in and let him sit there. During the flight the guy sitting in the aisle seat of row 16 decides to take it upon himself to give the hostie a rare tongue lashing. It took 10 minutes and a trip to the captain to pacify him and convince him that although he did not listen to the safety briefing the safety briefing did say that there was only one door operative at the back.

Why do people take it upon themselves to be complete prats at the end of a long day. The flight is only 40 minutes. Surely they can endure the privations for 40 minutes.

If you have no sense of humour then perhaps it is best if you don't travel Easyjet.

DeepC

P.S With the plane loaded with all but 12 of the 95 passengers in front of the centre of gravity why did the plane a) take off and b) not arrive at Luton by 'going in like a dart'? Lots of conjecture about this point between my wife and I.

expedite_climb
20th Apr 2004, 15:48
Deep C

The trim will have been slightly abnormal, but it was obviously within limits. The only difference the crew would notice is a more aft than normal trim.

Re: Pax - bleedin' awful innit ?

Globaliser
20th Apr 2004, 17:37
I still think that you ought to have to be licensed to fly - even as a pax.

sixmilehighclub
21st Apr 2004, 23:28
Pax licencing?
What a great idea!!

Just a 15 minute test on cabin safety and health for those over 16, done with passport applications and renewals and stamped in the passport.

Anyone then playing up in the sky and shown the red card then gets their passport taken and their stamp voided. They only get it back if they are equitted of any offence or a year passes and they retake the test.

Yeah ok i'm dreaming!

crewboi83
28th Apr 2004, 22:03
I always said that being cabin crew is a brilliant job.... but it would be made 100 times better without the passengers!! lol

Only kidding :ok:

Kestrel_909
29th Apr 2004, 16:45
I never give any hosties a hard time :) I'm sure the other 100+ pax can do that instead, but always nice to see them get their own back on the cheeky gits sometimes.

Fell across an old episode of the Airline series on SKy recently, when it was Britannia and Bj the male cabin supervisor telling his stories.

A women on a flight from Austria asked for Snapps (spelling?), hostie replied 'We don't sell snapps.''
"What do you mean you don't sell snapps, we just left Austria''
"Well we left Luton this morning but we don't sell Vauxhall cars either'' :E

There was also another but can't remember it, I may go and search for the old humour threads on the subject.

I think some people think part of the ticket price includes 'having a go at the flight attendant' and take your stress out on them. All the guys n gals should be treated with more respect than what they currently get!

Stupid pratts complaing, slap 'em!:ok:

EasyBaby
29th Apr 2004, 16:56
I saw the funniest thing on a pax the other day, the guy was sleeping on the nce-ams flight with a mask over his eyes saying wisely:

TO AVOID BLACK EYES BE NICE TO THE CREW

I just hope the other pax took note!!!

Final 3 Greens
29th Apr 2004, 20:15
Forget all the simpering comments about crew and pax, if someone will not follow a legal instruction from a CC member, who is empowered as representative of the captain, then they should be offloaded.

I would say, on the basis of the facts as presented, that this was a poor performance by the CC members - if the rules say rows 1-16, then that is the position and to let someone sit in row 17 is not on.

Paracab
29th Apr 2004, 20:22
I recently saw an episode of airline where that BJ chap (Don't know why they call him that) was advising a female passenger that although purchased on board, she is not allowed to smoke on board.

All he said was 'Well they sell condoms in Boots, need I say more' and everyone cracked up, including the obnoxious female he was talking to :ok: