PDA

View Full Version : Directions please.

2 tymzz
20th Apr 2004, 12:06
hi guys,

i have just completed my initial training in australia and am looking to head to nairobi to look for work. i am now trying to find out all i can about working in eastern africa for less experienced and low time pilots but sadly i am finding that getting information is rather difficult so i thougt i might not be looking in the right direction.
at the moment i have a frozen atpl, cpl, night rating and brand new multli-engine endorsement. so just by way of being as prepared as possible, can anyone advise on what i can look forward in terms on conversions and what sort work i could possibly begin to look out for.
i'd really apprecitate any insight you might have guys, so be generous.
many thanks,
2 tymzz

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Apr 2004, 09:11
G'day....

Locals pilots tend to be favoured in Africa so unless you are fairly experienced on type or have a skill they need it can be tricky getting a job. Try Airserv in Entebbe or get down to Bots or SA if you have no luck in EA. I'm sure you'll get a few more posts with other companies you can try or look around on this forum.

2 tymzz
21st Apr 2004, 13:15
Hi there,
Cheers for your responce. Although i have lived here for a while i am originally from kenya and have always wanted to fly there that's why am looking around in that area.
any local contacts would be super.
thanks again.