PDA

View Full Version : Sierra National Airlines?

ChiefT
20th Apr 2004, 10:31
Is SNA still alive? Noticed, that they fly with an Icelandic 757-200, is there any schedule available?

Gunship
20th Apr 2004, 11:52
SNA is still flying with Icelandic Air as you decribed but the warning signs are out ...

This used to be the schedule 2 weeks ago without ANY problems.

All times estimates

Mondays : LGA 1300 - Lungi
Lungi 2300 - LGA

Fridays : LGA 1300 - Lungi
Lungi 2300 - LGA

Then Icelandic Air decided to change crews cost them so the last 2 weeks they only fly out from Lungi the following night (after crew rest) in other words Tuesday and Saturday nights.

Last Friday / Saturday's flight was cancelled.

Writing is on the wall ... SNA obviosly has not paid them.

Even the SL President was on SN Brussels flight last night instead of on his "own" airline ! :}

Aii Africa ... They have always talked about their "own aircraft" (to steal more) and then they have leased from a few airliners .. Icelandic Air will just be the last to burn their fingers ! :hmm:

Cheers from Deep Africa

Gunsss

ChiefT
20th Apr 2004, 12:16
Thanks for the information.

The crew hing means, that Iceland Air has incrased the crew costs? Not too ususal under a going contract.

SNA is obviously in deep trouble and requires assistance and money, do they?

How was the utilisation on the 757? Did they filled up 200 seats?

Gunship
20th Apr 2004, 12:32
Pleasure ChiefT !

I think the crew issue was a cost saver mission.

The only time SNA was full was over Xmass - Easter periods.

95 % of the pax are Sierra Leoneans as they need a "Schengen" visa to Sn Brussels (even though they are in transit) - according to my info anyway !

Must admit SN Brussles is a BIG inconvenience to me but what can we do if these guys shows signs of not sticking to their scedules (lik Ghana Scareways) :D

Cheers,

Gunns

ChiefT
20th Apr 2004, 14:52
So there would be much more traffic to the UK if SNA would deliver a reliable service at reasonable prices?

Sorry for asking so much questions, but I would like to learn, why these smaller carriers fail.

SN Brussels is picking up all travel from SL.

I believe, that SNA has basically a financial problem...

@Gunns
Would like to learn more about them, but I think this should be more private, so please drop me a private message.
Greetings!

crewmeal
20th Apr 2004, 18:44
Well this time last year a man called Olu Harding was going to start up ECO Air but it came to nothing except ripping his employed staff off to the tune of £2000+

What a shame the people of SL cannot get a decent airline that isnt run by corrupt selfish people. After all for what they have been through they deserve better.

Gunship
20th Apr 2004, 20:11
ChiefT,

This is Africa .. this is a corrupt mad society.

Sadly I can not see it changing very easily unless you get expat's with their own money / aircraft and accesories in to sort out things.

Ask Crewmeal how many times I have warned them ..

Do not even try it here ... sad to say you will burn your fingers :uhoh:

Last night's SNA flight had roughly 70 pax and SN Brussles late yesterday afternoon was nearly full (sorry do not take as Gospell).

Crewmeal if these gusy will just steal small amounts but they steal as much as possible as they dunno when is the next chance.

(Sad to say) :sad:

ChiefT
21st Apr 2004, 08:57
It's a bad thing, because there is obviously enough potential for SNA. I think SN Brussels is flying with a 300 seat aircraft, how many passengers could go on a reliable SNA flight?

Problem: Who would invest in SNA. I think nobody. The solution must be a fresh, privatly hold airline.

Are you guy's from SL?

finnman
21st Apr 2004, 10:51
think the rot started some while ago when west african
the uk management company ceased its contract to
manage sna

crewmeal
21st Apr 2004, 13:47
I was offered another cabin crew training position at the beginning of the year for SNA as such who seemed to think they were restarting a 767 operation to Europe under their own steam. This I believe was to started from the ashes after the Monarch operation ceased.

I am glad I didn't start now after everything that seems to be going on in the region.

My advice is if anyone is going to work here make sure you get money in your bank before starting out or you will get shafted

Gunship
21st Apr 2004, 19:28
My advice is if anyone is going to work here make sure you get money in your bank before starting out or you will get shafted

:sad: Sad to say ... but glad you did take the advice and can pass it on ;)

Seriously guys ... stay away ... make your money wisely somewhere else

PS: I am not in that game - not at all interested - can just sit on the side line - see people burn their fingers and try and give advice ... :sad:

rentaghost
27th Apr 2004, 17:35
Finnman

West African the UK Management Company did not terminate its contract to look after SNA. It was terminated by SNA with outside involvment, which as you say was a real shame. The guys behind West African knew what they were doing, and would have stood a fair chance of making a profit and returning some of the monies back into SNA.

Still - all water under the bridge now...

Gunship
28th Apr 2004, 19:59
SNA arrived Monday - new aircraft - definately not Icelandic Air. It was some sort of a Saudi Arabian company according to non - flyers.

I was not there ... will try and see myself on the arrival Friday.

Cheers,

GUNNS

PS: Sorry for taking so long - malaria ! :(

ChiefT
29th Apr 2004, 10:04
Hope you are better soon!

I guess that they use one of the scrappy L-1011 from Universal or so...

finnman
29th Apr 2004, 10:54
sna flight on monday was operated by eagle air(france)
with a310

dont think you will see it this friday as not contracted
neither next monday

we will just have to see who operated the flight on
bi weekly basis