PDA

View Full Version : MS FlightSim Question.

too_sleepy
20th Apr 2004, 10:31
Hi

I want to get the MS team to change these guys in Flight Sim. I know they're very famous in the US, but how about here in Europe. Could some of you answer a few quick questions:

1) Do you know who Rod Machado or the Kings are? Do you only know of them through Flight Sim?

2) Does it matter that you don't know who they are? Whay I mean is, is the training stuff good anyway and it doesn't make a difference if the instructor is a known aviation expert or not.

3) Do you like them? Could they be improved?

4) Would it add much to your experience if a local aviation expert was used instead? Maybe a big school in England or France could prepare material that's more European based. If you know of the big/best schools let me know. Would Oxford be a good choice for the UK?

5) That leads me to my last question, what really makes FlightSim stand out as a US product? Is it the training?

If there's anything else you think of please include it.

I know it sounds like a long shot, but I know guys int he US who have managed to get changes made like this.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie Zulu
20th Apr 2004, 10:50
Yes I know who Martha and John King are although I haven't personally met them.

They provide training courses for the FAA certificates and ratings. I have used their Video home study courses for the FAA CPL and IR. Also have the Multi Engine Flying Video course.

With their videos and dvd's they provide tuition to many of the pilots over in the States... around 50% if I remember correctly.

Take a look at http://www.kingvideos.com/ as it is their company website.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

mazzy1026
20th Apr 2004, 11:30
I actually contacted rod Machado once and got a good reply with some sound advice :ok: