View Full Version : Poll Time - Flight Training

Kliperoo
20th Apr 2004, 07:01
Hi All,

I'm just about to take the reigns of a flight school in New Zealand, and want to bring it up to industry standards. They currently do instruction up to instructors rating only, but are a rather medium sized scenic operation for the punters.
If you are a current student, can you let me know what made you choose your current institution, so that I can know where to go. If youre not, could you remember back to your student days. Well, here are my questions:

a) How important was it that the institution went from PPL to MEIFR and ATPL subject courses?

b) Did it affect your decision if the institution was able to offer some form of job (i.e instruction, ATO's, etc)?

c) If an institution did not have some form of student funding, did this alter your decision (or did you not even consider it)?

d) How usefull was a full prospectus in your decision?

e) How did location affect your decision (of the flight school)?

Any aditional information you feel would be benifical would e of great help. Thanks everyone!

Woomera
20th Apr 2004, 07:18
Kliper. I'll let this thread run but any advertising for your establishment, no matter how subtle, and this thread will be gone quicker than an iced beer on a hot Sunday arvo!

I hope you gain some valid points.

And next time don't hit the wrong button.......... :{

Woomera