PDA

View Full Version : And how are things at The Lodge?

flapsforty
19th Apr 2004, 18:59
Had a phone call from a good friend yesterday evening. Caught up on eachother's lives, kids, jobs and relationships. After me ribbing him about his team losing from Newcastle recently, he asks me "And how are things at The Lodge then babe?" Took me few flabbergasted seconds to realise he was referring to PPRuNe! :ooh:

This chap runs the internet side & site of one of Hollands biggest banks so he's no stranger to the web. But in his mind, PPRuNe with it's 'secret names', regular meets and obscure website writings is something akin to the free masons. ;)
I know he was pulling my leg, but thinking about it a bit more, most of my normal friends do get a glazed look in their eyes whenever I make the mistake of mentioning PPRuNe in a conversation. On the upside, while PPRuNe used to be a bone of contention at home, husband and kids have now fully incorporated it as one of Mum's many oddities, and do not fuss unduly whenever I depart for a 'Lodge meeting' or spend too much time at the PC. My parents are totally mystified by the whole thing, but try not to let it show and always make a point of asking me how things are going on 'the internet'. :)

Now and then I read a post where some fellow pruner indicates that heir other half doesn't approve of or is mystified by this pprune businesss. So I'm wondering, do your friends & rellies ever comment on the time you spend here?

rustle
19th Apr 2004, 19:05
..do your friends & rellies ever comment on the time you spend here?

What's a friend? :O :rolleyes:

airship
19th Apr 2004, 19:24
Is this a test? Are you trying to trick us into accidentally revealing secrets we have vowed to carry unto the grave? We know what the punishment for that is. One didn't suffer the early humiliations of the sacred rituals to attain our present positions just to throw it all away so easily...!

Friends and rellies? No, just fellow brothers (and sisters) and everybody else... :uhoh:

Davaar
19th Apr 2004, 19:35
Well, Flaps, I always did suspect you were fronting for T*RT*N G*NN*T. On the square.

Paracab
19th Apr 2004, 19:40
About an hour ago I clicked the wrong cross and accidentally logged off. Mrs PC to be noticed and said 'Why are you logging off so early, are you coming to sit with me ?'

Of course, I informed her of my error and the evening carried on as normal, me prooning, her navigating the sky-guide.

And that incident almost secured the go-ahead to buy a laptop so I can be near Mrs PC to be whilst prooning !!!

Marvellous !! :ok:

airship
19th Apr 2004, 21:24
Even my pudicats have given up trying to understand why I find the little TV so intriguing... :=

Wholigan
19th Apr 2004, 21:27
No 1 son calls me a "spod" everytime he walks past!!!!!

timmcat
19th Apr 2004, 21:42
Mrs TC does not understand my addiction / fascination with proon... especially when I am neither employed within the industry, a spotter, or even a particularly relaxed PAX.

Like most who have not experienced being in the regular 'virtual' company of a number of people who I now think of as friends, I suppose its hard for her to take on board.

Maybe I do disappear to the small lounge at the backof the house a little too often, leaving her to fend off the 4 sprogs.

Aaah well.

airship
19th Apr 2004, 21:46
Gulp! That should be worth two weeks grounding and no pocket money for a month, per infringement, at least?! What is a spod? (http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/s/spod.html) I'd hate to think what might happen if it had been anyone else...! :\ :)

DishMan
20th Apr 2004, 07:43
As far as I know there's nothing here that I am not allowed to tell Mrs DM....OK she would probably berate me mercilessly for PPruning at work (one has not travelled much lately so has not wiled away hotel room hours Ppruning...)
However, one does not find time to Pprune at home.....one hasn't been to a Lodge meeting for years either :p

Anyway....there's ladies here too. (apparently :E )
:}

DM
?

CR2
20th Apr 2004, 07:48
Ah, the future Mrs CR2 is also a prooner, so just gorra watch what one writes...

:ouch:

BlueWolf
20th Apr 2004, 09:19
Thinking about it, PPRuNe is just a wee bit like The Lodge in some ways, only more so ;) :E :ok:

A couple of round things and an almost shepherd's crook to anyone who says it isn't:rolleyes:

separator
20th Apr 2004, 13:48
Just as long as no-one mentions the goat and what happened to it.

sep

IB4138
20th Apr 2004, 14:52
Was that the one belonging to Paddy McGinty?

Mrs IB likewise can't understand the time I spend on here. I think she's timing me. Expect a coin slot to be fitted next!:{

Binoculars
20th Apr 2004, 14:56
Listen, separator, what I told you was confidential and I'm extremely disappointed in you.

My solicitor will be in touch.

a is dum
20th Apr 2004, 15:29
What, what, what, what?
Tell us more Seperator, tell us more................:} :}

pigboat
20th Apr 2004, 16:16
Sep, you know the penalty for mentioning the goat. :ooh:
The enforcers will be around directly. :uhoh:

separator
21st Apr 2004, 05:03
I knew I shouldn't have said anything about that goat. There is someone wearing an overcoat and fedora walking up my driveway. He may be a musician of some sort as he is carrying a violin case. I will just go and see what he wants.

How odd, it appears that he was from Binos lawyers, Scratchit and Gouge. Something about Binos' lawyer wanting a lot of money and/or my firstborn otherwise they will see me in court.

I wonder if he will settle for the dog. The dog doesn't do a lot except sleep and bark at the neighbour's cat.

This Lodge business is serious stuff.

sep