PDA

View Full Version : The Deal Of a Lifetime

nasa
15th Aug 2001, 11:45
Do any of you cop this sh!t in your mail box. I get them at about the rate of one a week. :mad: My response now is:

"**** off and leave me alone or I will send a virus down the line that will take the entire African Continent off line"

TEL/FAX: 234-1-2600143
LAGOS - NIGERIA .
ATTN: PRESIDENT/CEO.

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL
RE: TRANSFER OF US$21.5 MILLION (TWENTY ONE MILLION,
FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS ONLY).

I AM A MEMBER OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
CONTRACT AWARD AND MONITORING COMMITTEE IN THE NIGERIA
NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC) SOMETIME AGO; MY
COMMITTEE AWARDED A CONTRACT TO A FOREIGN FIRM IN
NNPC. THIS CONTRACT WAS OVER INVOICED TO THE TUNE OF
US$21.5M. U. S. DOLLARS. THIS WAS DONE DELIBERATELY
THE OVER- INVOICING WAS A DEAL BY MY COMMITTEE TO
BENEFIT FROM THE PROJECT. WE NOW WANT TO TRANSFER THIS
MONEY, WHICH IS IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT WITH NNPC INTO
ANY OVERSEAS ACCOUNT, WHICH WE EXPECT YOU TO PROVIDE
FOR US.SHARE: -
FOR PROVIDING THE ACCOUNT WHERE WE SHALL REMIT THE
MONEY INTO, YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO 30% OF THE MONEY.
60% WILL BE FOR ME AND MY PARTNERS WHILE 10% HAS BEEN
MAPPED OUT FROM THE TOTAL SUM TO COVER ANY EXPENSES
THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY US DURING THE COURSE OF THIS
TRANSFER, BOTH LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONAL EXPENSES. TO
COMMERCE THIS DEAL THEREFORE, I WOULD REQUIRE THE
FOLLOWING:
1. YOUR COMPANY'S NAME, ADDRESS, TEL & FAX NUMBERS.
2. YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ADDRESS WHERE THE
MONEY WILL BE REMITTED.
THE ABOVE INFORMATION WOULD BE USED TO MAKE FORMAL
APPLICATIONS AS A MATTER OF PROCEDURE FOR THE RELEASE
OF THE MONEY AND ONWARD TRANSFER TO YOUR ACCOUNT. IT
DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT YOUR COMPANY DOES
CONTRACT PROJECTS OF THIS NATURE DESCRIBED HERE. THE
ASSUMPTION IS THAT YOUR COMPANY WON THE MAJOR CONTRACT
AND SUBCONTRACTED IT OUT TO OTHER COMPANIES. MORE
OFTEN THAN NOT, BIG TRADING COMPANIES OR FIRMS OF
UNRELATED FIELDS WIN MAJOR CONTRACTS AND SUBCONTRACTS
TO MORE SPECIALIZED FIRMS FOR EXECUTION OF SUCH
CONTRACTS.
WE HAVE STRONG RELIABLE CONNECTIONS AND CONTACTS AT
THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, AS WELL AS THE FEDERAL
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND WE HAVE NO DOUBT THAT ALL THE
MONEY WILL BE RELEASED AND TRANSFERRED IF WE GET THE
NECESSARY FOREIGN PARTNER TO ASSIST US IN THIS DEAL.
THEREFORE, WHEN THE BUSINESS IS SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED
WE SHALL THROUGH OUR SAME CONNECTIONS WITHDRAW ALL
DOCUMENTS USED FROM ALL THE CONCERNED GOVERNMENT
MINISTRIES FOR 100% SECURITY.
WE ARE ORDINARY CIVIL SERVANTS AND WE WILL NOT WANT TO
MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO GET RICH.
WE WANT THIS MONEY TO BE TRANSFERRED TO THE OVERSEAS
ACCOUNTS FOR US, BEFORE THE PRESENT DEMOCRATIC
GOVERNMENT STARTS AUDITING ALL FEDERAL GOVERNMENTOWNED
MINISTRIES.

TO PROCEED:
PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY THROUGH MY TEL/FAX
NUMBER, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS
DEAL. IF YOU ARE NOT, IT WILL ENABLE ME SCOUT FOR
ANOTHER FOREIGN PARTNER TO CARRY OUT THIS DEAL. BUT
WHERE YOU ARE INTERESTED, SEND THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
AFORE~MENTIONED HEREIN THROUGH MY
ABOVE TEL / FAX NUMBER, AS TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE IN
THIS BUSINESS. I WAIT IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR FULLEST
CO-OPERATION.
YOURS FAITHFULLY,
DR. ABIOLA RUFAI.

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: nasa ]

angels
15th Aug 2001, 12:05
It's amazing, but you wouldn't believe the amount of idots that fall for this one.
The central bank of Nigeria has taken out full page ads in papers such as the International Herald Tribune warning against these folks, but greed rules.
I'm a bit borassic myself at the moment, perhaps it's worth putting Mr and Mrs Angels bank account number on the e-mail....

The Guvnor
15th Aug 2001, 12:36
Got one yesterday, actually. Considering that the chap claims he's in South Africa, his address ([email protected]) is decidedly British! :D :D :D

Flipping 419er Nigerians!! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Sir,

This is to acknowledge that I got your details from a good contact we made in South Africa from the Chamber of Commerce. I am Mr. Dankaro Kabila, cousin to the late president of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) former known as Zaire.

Due to the war presently raging in our Republic,the late President,Laurent Kabila was using me,through diplomatic means, to send money out of the Republic because of the fear that a coup de tat may take place at any time. I did this on two consecutive occasions, on the third trip, myself and some aides decided to divert the delivery, which amounted to US$30Million (Thirty Million United states Dollars). We are presently in self-imposed exile here in South Africa.
It is here in South Africa that I heard the news of my cousinís death, just exactly what he was fearing happened to him. May his soul rest in peace.I have since deposited the money into a Security Company. The real content of the box containing this fund was not disclosed to them for Security reason.

Due to shortcomings and restrictions prevailing in South Africa regarding refugee policy, we came up with the idea of foreign investment for the fund, with the possibility of a joint stock venture with a foreign partner, outside the continent of Africa.

My main aim and objective of contacting you is to ask for your assistance in transferring this fund into your private or companyís account in your country.

There is no risk involved as this is confidential.We have decided to let you have 25% of the total amount of the fund, 5% is for expenses that will be incured during the transaction, and the remaining 70% of the fund is for myself and my colleagues, which we would like to invest in your country.

If you are interested, please contact me on the above e-mail as soon as possible. On the receipt of your acceptance, I shall give you more clarification on the modalities needed for the successful completion of this transaction.

Best regards,

MR. DANKARO KABILA.

Binoculars
15th Aug 2001, 12:46
A coup de tat? Priceless!!

:D :D :D :D

Luca_brasi
15th Aug 2001, 15:38
Just some advice from an IT student who did an assignment on email spam and related stuff. Dont respond to any of them whether it be offering a deal of a lifetime or a chance to enlarge a certain organ dont ever click the reply button even to send an agressive email back.

Even if it says "Send a blank email to unsubscribe to this mailing list" because what we found out was that when you do that, the email has a program attached that detects that you have clicked on the reply button. This registers that the actual email addy is in use. It then sends that info back to the original sender who either sends a lot more crap (but different crap) or sells a compiled list to other email spammers.

This may be why some of you are receiving a lot more spam email even after you've told the original sender to get stuffed.

You want it when?
15th Aug 2001, 16:11
Once many moons ago I bought a container load of plum brandy for £500. I thought my self a fine fellow - import / export ducking and diving etc.. I've seen my Brandy it is still sitting in a container on the outskirts of Warsaw. Apart from being in bonded stock, possibly condemmed etc.. at least they can't charge me storage.

Beware of friends offering you great deals in the pub when you're pissed! And never ever, ever, ever buy a Triumph Spitfire in the dark. Thats another story....

Pseudonymn
15th Aug 2001, 16:17
nasa,

you should know you can set up email filters to redirect anything not addressed to yourself personally, or that you can ban repeat offenders, by automatically diverting mail to the recycle bin.

Call yourself an IT professional! ;) :p

Ducks for cover and hopes nasa never finds out where I work! :D :p ;)

nasa
15th Aug 2001, 19:00
Pseudopodium me old son (watch him run to the dictionary) ....How you been....Mate, I never claimed to be an IT professional, but, only to have lost a sh!t load of money in the IT game. Come to think of it, I have a few guys working for me with not much to do, maybe I could get them to track you down :eek: :D ;)

Truble is, the e-mails do not come from the same perpetrator, but from a number of different hotmail addresses.....I think that some Kiwi out there has my e-mail addy and is passing it around.....why Kiwi you ask, I think you know :D :D

Onan the Clumsy
15th Aug 2001, 19:18
...or coup de **** maybe.

Velvet
15th Aug 2001, 19:32
Nice of this one to give me his phone number :D Anyone want 32million?

Tel: +225 07 04 85 63

Maurice ELODIE DAVIDSON is my name, the only son of Late SIR ETIENN DAVIDSON, from Sierra Leone. My source of your contact gave me the courage and confidence to rely on you.

I am writing you in absolute confidence primarily to seek your assistance to transfer our cash of Thirty Two Million Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars
(US$32,800,000) now in the custody of a Safe Deposit Company here in Abidjan to your private account pending our arrival to your country.

SOURCE OF THE MONEY

My late father, SIR ETIENN DAVIDSON, a native of Mende District in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone, was the General Manager of Sierra Leone Mining Cooperation
(S.L.M.C) Freetown. According to my father. This money was the income accrued from overpayments and personal diamond business at the minning cooperation. Before the peak of the civil war between the rebels forces of Major Paul KOROMAH and the combined forces of ECOMOG peace keeping operation that almost destroyed my country, following the forceful removal from power of the Civilian Elected President Ahmed Tejan KABBAH by the rebels. My father had already made arrangement for his family, my mother, my little sister and myself to be evacuated to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire with our personal effects and the box containing the money
through the aid of UNAMSIL evacuation team. My father deposited the box in a Private Safe Security Company for the safe custody until after the war when he will join us.

During the war in my country, and following the indiscriminate looting of public and Government properties by the Rebel forces, the Sierra Leone Mining Cooperation was one of the targets looted and destroyed. My father including other top Government functionaries were ambushed and killed by the Rebels because of his relationship with the civilian Elected President Ahmed Tejan Kabbah.

As a result of my father's death, and with the news of my uncle's involvement in an air crash in January, dashed our hope of survival. The untimely deaths caused my mother's heart failure and other related complications of which she later died in the hospital after we must have spent a lot of money on her. Now my 16-year-old sister and myself are alone in this strange country suffering without any care or help.
Without any relation, we are now refugees and orphans. Our only hope now is in you and the box deposited in the Safe Security Company.

To this effect, I humbly solicit your assistance in the followings ways.
- To assist me claim this box from the Security Company as Beneficiary.
- To transfer this money in your name to your country.
- To make a good arrangement for a joint
business investment on our behalf in your country and you, the caretaker.
- To secure a college for my little sister and my self in your country to further our education. - And to make arrangement for our travel with you to your country after you have transferred this fund.

Most importantly, the security company officials do not know the exact content of the box because it was declared as family valuables. The whole documents issued after deposit is in my custody.

What ever you may charge is negotiable based on your efforts and assistance. Lastly I urge you to keep this transaction strictly
confidential.

NB: Please always call me on phone after sending a mail for security reasons.

Best regards

Maurice ELODIE DAVIDSON

Don D Cake
15th Aug 2001, 21:01
There was a couple who used to live close to me fell for one of these. I saw them on local television crying for sympathy but I don't think they got much. In case you didn't know the scam goes as follows:
You reply to the letter promising you 10% of 20 gazillion dollars for simply paying the money into your bank account. You keep your share and pass the rest on to them. After a couple of weeks you receive a letter saying that they need some money to bribe officials and they've spent all theirs. Can you spare a few quid? It's only a few hundred say you, what's that compared to the millions we shall reap? So you send it. This goes on with the amount ever increasing. You keep chucking good money after bad. You can't stop 'cos you're going to lose out if you do. Of course when your savings dry up, so does the correspondence from the bad boys.

It's a bit like someone in the pub telling you they know where they can get a Rolls Royce for £50 but they haven't got any money. You say "here's the £50 and I'll see you later to sell the car". Would you expect them to return?

It's unbelievable that people fall for this scam but they do.

Celtic Emerald
15th Aug 2001, 21:16
Sure I received crap like this recently, I delete it as fast as I could. At best it's a scam at worst these chancers could get some easily duped person involved in something illegal. After what happened to that British businessman being kidnapped & held for ransom on one of these so called business deals in darkest Africa I'd stay clear of this obvious as transparent crap.

These gob*****s must think I fell off the turnip truck yesterday :mad:

Then again if any of you'se just fell off the turnip truck (there's a sucker born every day) if could you send me a few quid cause I'm in dire need :p I'd be most grateful. May the blessing of the Irish be on you, your children & your childrens children.

Could you'se send it in sterling please, the exchange rate is better ;)

Many Thanks
Emerald

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: Celtic Emerald ]

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: Celtic Emerald ]

LatviaCalling
15th Aug 2001, 23:13
Well, then I've been doing major mistakes by replying to these people that I am truthfully forwarding their message to the U.S. Secret Service, which, by the way, does have an office in Lagos, Nigeria, just to take care of the 419 scam against U.S. citizens.

The latest I've heard from American sources, however, is that the Nigerian authorities are only pretending to cooperate in it's elimination. It's been around for donkey's years. I used to get one form or another by letter, even before the advent of the fax.

25F
15th Aug 2001, 23:50
For UK ppruners: http://ncis.gov.uk/waocu.html asks for "419" email to be forwarded to [email protected]

Note that the apparent "from" address is usually forged, and on the one I had, digging through the headers showed that it had, indeed, originated in Lagos.

RW-1
16th Aug 2001, 01:16
Hell, I just take all the addresses out of the headers and make a few posts on the newsgroups using them, they only have to be test messages, but it will begin a tide of spam towards them. Then I delete it, poof!

whats_it_doing_now?
16th Aug 2001, 03:24
After reading this i decided to go through my junkmail folder and see if i had recieved anything, and very quickly found this...

Diversified Product Inspections, Inc. (OTCBB :DPRI)

MAJOR CONTRACT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HUGE NEWSLETTER COVERAGE THIS WEEK FOR
DPRI!!

This Wednesday DPRI will be profiled by some major newsletters along
with the release of
significant news regarding exposive sales for the Company. There will be
huge volume and strong
increase in proce for several days.

The same newsletters that profiled MADGF last week will begin coverage
on DPRI.

They brought MADGF from $.24 to $1.45 in 4 days!

We know for certain that the same groups are going to profile DPRI
starting on Wednesday.

We are very proud that we can share this information with you so that
you can make a profit out of it.
It is highly advisable to take a position in DPRI as sson as possible,
today before the market closes tomorrow.

Revenues for DPRI, a 10-year old, fully-reporting company, have
skyrocketed 600% higher this year to over $8 Million
on substantial US Government and Insurance Industry contracts.

DPRI's client list includes over 50 major insurance companies including
Allstate, Fireman's Fund, Travelers,
Liberty Mutual, Prudential, Hartford and Nationwide.

The stock has already bounced sharply on heavy daily volume from its
52-week low and will continue moving up immediately.
We believe the stock could easily reach $3 in less than a month.

Good luck and watch DPRI fly this week.

**No Need To remove, This Is A One-Time Only Mailing***

gsqtbrsux

I can see where this one is leading. Whoever started it bought a shed load of the stock, and is now trying to artificially increase the price by getting other people to buy into it, using a story of guaranteed success to do it. Quite similar to what those chaps from the sun did last year.
I get several emails of this type of **** per day... it pisses me off!

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: whats_it_doing_now? ]

Pseudonymn
16th Aug 2001, 05:09
nasa,

last time I checked, I wasn't anyones' son. :( :confused:

Regards,
Pseudoephedrine.

nasa
16th Aug 2001, 10:02
Cheer up Pseudo....I'm sure someone will own up sooner or later...... :D

Ooooppppssss.....Having just checked your profile, I see your point :o

Maybe it's me that has been taking the pseudoephedrine :D