PDA

View Full Version : MYT - Sanford - Newcastle ??

Pembo330
19th Apr 2004, 07:58
Yet another massive MY Travel delay this weekend; this time into Newcastle with an indefinite delay on the Sanford arrival.

No so sure what the current status is.

Can anyone confirm again what the problems were and if this flight has now arrived?

This is two flights in 3 days which have been delayed in excess of 24 hours with My Travel (that I know of!).

10 DME ARC
19th Apr 2004, 08:56
Pembo 330
Please get your facts right before you post, the on time outbound SFB diverted into Glasgow with a heart attack victim who subsequently died!
The crew then ran out of hours!
:(

Pembo330
19th Apr 2004, 09:22
Excuse me...but I didn't have any facts, which is why I asked the question.

All I know is that the NCL arrivals board had an indefinite delay on the Sanford flight; I simply asked the question why?

You've answered that question - thank you for that. :ok:

Apologies if anyone read my post incorrectly. :ouch:

10 DME ARC
19th Apr 2004, 10:13
Pembo 330
You started "Yet another massive delay etc etc" Now if I were one of the MYT crew who did their best to save the poor man's life I would be a little taken a back that some one would use this to start slagging down MYT?

Pembo330
19th Apr 2004, 10:18
And if I had known the 'facts' I wouldn't have asked the insensitive question I did.

However, what I did know was that NCL board showed "another massive delay" for MYT - I simply asked why?

Unfortunately, given I didn't know what the facts of this case were, then I had to ask the question. Chicken and Egg I'm afraid.

FACT - A massive MYT delay into Newcastle - hence the question.

ANSWER - A poor heart attack victim caused a de-tour, MYT did everything they could and the delay was not the fault of MYT.

No need to have a 'go' at someone trying to find out facts on a discussion forum; I thought that was what this place was for.

No offence was intended.

EGCC24L
19th Apr 2004, 10:24
I think people who enquire to stuff like this should word the messages better before posting

witchdoctor
19th Apr 2004, 13:28
On a brighter note however, the old girl was up and away like a monkey with a scalded @rse when she left this morning - most impressive.:D

GrahamK
19th Apr 2004, 14:30
Does MYT use the 767 or 330 on that flight?

crewboi83
19th Apr 2004, 15:13
Its a 767, LGW based.
Only ops till May.... then sub chartered to Monarch, on their A330

Regards to Pembo330....
I have to admit.... your initial post did sound very ANTI MYT!... if you work for an airline then you should know that hick ups to happen.... but i dont think you needed a shouting at.
Maybe next time you should word it carefully mate, saves the grief you'd get! lol ! :ok:

Pembo330
19th Apr 2004, 15:43
Thanks Crewboi...I appreciate that.

Lesson learnt on the wording thats for sure. I'm actually a big fan of MYT and regularly dispute with members of this and other forums when others slag them off; which is why I was shocked this morning.

Still onwards and upwards. :O

Approach_plate
19th Apr 2004, 16:42
Word of advice

Dont mention My Travel on this board. For some reason every one seems to slag off people who talk about the airline or get something slightly wrong about an incident or delay.

Best thing to do is not to ask questions or get involved in the thread. ;)

Stud3
19th Apr 2004, 17:31
Just to clear up a few points.

The MYT 051 to Sanford left newcastle and about 200miles over the atlantic diverted to Glasgow as one of the passengers had a heart attack. The crew then subsequently ran out of hours and the passengers nightstopped at glasgow and also the passengers in Sanford were put up into HOTAC in Orlando.

A/C (G-DAJC) arrived back into Newcastle this morning at 0330 then positioned out to Manchester at 0845.