PDA

View Full Version : Suitable courses to become a "Flight Despatcher".

OKOC
18th Apr 2004, 13:00
Sorry to be so noddy, but I am shortly due to leave the RAF (Navigator). I am trying to find out what would be good courses to do (ranging from the Rolls Royce solution right down to the bare minimum requirement) as part of my resettlement package to enable me to stay in the aviation business and become a Flight Despatcher.

Also, is it possible to work say, 20 hours a week rather than full-time.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Approach_plate
18th Apr 2004, 16:13
Join Servisair. They only offer 25hour contracts for pax agents and dispatchers. The will also train you to their standards

no sig
19th Apr 2004, 08:37
OKOC

If I may suggest, you might consider a post RAF career in airline flight ops engineering or navigations services, your type of experience is in short suppy. Airbus and Boeing offer excellent courses in performance engineering and weight and balance engineering and any resettlement contacts you have in the RAF might be able to swing your attendance on a course, perhaps sponsored by an airline or perspective employer.

You'll need to get up to speed on civilian reg, JAROPS1 and JAR 25
(see the website for download www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html.

In addition to the OEM courses consider Glasgow College ICAO flight ops course if you still want to go into airline flight dispatch (i.e. ops control and flight planning and not ramp operations).

Good Luck

http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html

iflyhighinthesky
19th Apr 2004, 10:44
Groundstar offer 20hrs a week contracts....
:ok:

FinalsToLand
19th Apr 2004, 11:44
Groundstar offer 20hrs a week contracts....

wheres this at?? we get 30 hr contracts at our station!!!

F.T.L