PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling this thread won't go far

Rollingthunder
18th Apr 2004, 10:02
In this city we have a very good transit system. I use it a lot and rent a car or catch a cab only when I need to.

A few years ago I noticed a lack of communication when boarding between pax and drivers on the buses. I decided to try an experiment and resolved to greet the driver (Good morning, Hi, Good evening) and say thanks etc. if I got off through the front door.

Now, years later, I hear a great many folks doing the same, even to the point of saying thanks from the back door when exiting (this requires raising the voice to be heard).

Travel is more pleasant, drivers seem somewhat happier. Still a bunch of bastards when they go on strike however.

Capn Notarious
18th Apr 2004, 10:24
IF COURTESY IS CONTAGEOUS : START THE EPIDEMIC.

ORAC
18th Apr 2004, 10:30
As long as everyone doesn't shout...... :ooh:

BlueDiamond
18th Apr 2004, 11:01
I agree, RT and extending that to other walks of life can help too. Saying "please" and "thank you" are simple courtesies which are overlooked everywhere. Courtesy is catching.

Onan the Clumsy
18th Apr 2004, 14:17
Courtesy is the lubrication of society. :8

Wholigan
18th Apr 2004, 14:43
Thought that was KY Jelly Onan. :E

IB4138
18th Apr 2004, 14:47
Do you still say "Thank You" to the drver of a London Mercedes-Benz Citaro articulated bus, as you do an emergency evacuation due to the frequency of these new vehicles catching fire?:E

or something else?

ceedee
18th Apr 2004, 15:16
"Good luck"?

After all, the poor driver probably has no choice about which bus he'll be driving tomorrow...
:eek:

Bre901
18th Apr 2004, 16:12
Wholigan

Thought that was KY Jelly Onan.
We probably do not spend evenings in the same hotel lobbies :E :E

Whom should I report a moderators's post to ? :confused: :confused: :} :}